U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 AM

253 posts, read 477,704 times

Advertisements

Balzac308 #21* <------------Going for final 7/21 0800
Not trying to point people out but you got to figure there is a lot of guys in this situation
guess this could mess up the whole one and three thing for august.... Oh and good luck everyone... Try not to treat me like crap when i get on

Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 AM

131 posts, read 216,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
Balzac308 #21* <------------Going for final 7/21 0800
Not trying to point people out but you got to figure there is a lot of guys in this situation
guess this could mess up the whole one and three thing for august.... Oh and good luck everyone... Try not to treat me like crap when i get on
That whole situation should be dealth with differently. I mean how much frigging time do you need to get a money order and fill out the frigging booklet. Now we are paying the price for other peoples disorganization. I filled the book out the day I got home from the medical. My proof of address, birth certificate, passport, ss card, and diploma are in a shoebox collecting dust because they have been in there for so long ready to be handed in. Because I really want this job. I am so annoyed.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhc123 View Post
That whole situation should be dealth with differently. I mean how much frigging time do you need to get a money order and fill out the frigging booklet. Now we are paying the price for other peoples disorganization. I filled the book out the day I got home from the medical. Because I really want this
job. I am so annoyed.

Dont get annoyed...If everyone did it the first time they wouldnt of gotten so high the first go round. we would be in the same situation.... All things worth having dont come easy. We'll get it... Could you imagine if you went and were missing one stupit thing and they told you sorry take the test again see you in four years.... Although

Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 AM

It is a little annoying..

Old 07-16-2008, 07:54 AM

24 posts, read 47,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhc123 View Post
That whole situation should be dealth with differently. I mean how much frigging time do you need to get a money order and fill out the frigging booklet. Now we are paying the price for other peoples disorganization. I filled the book out the day I got home from the medical. My proof of address, birth certificate, passport, ss card, and diploma are in a shoebox collecting dust because they have been in there for so long ready to be handed in. Because I really want this job. I am so annoyed.
I agree with you, but a strange thing happened yesterday when the woman called me.

She told me $24.95 for the money order. I'm SURE she said that, I even wrote it down & I'm not dyslexic, lol. I checked the board, saw it was $94.25 & called her back to confirm.

Can you imagine if I never saw this board & showed up with a money order in the wrong amount? Who knows how many times that's happened & people got the wrong information first time around?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 AM

13 posts, read 25,078 times
Congrats to everybody whose been called up for the august class. I'm wondering how long is our medicals good for. Is it 6 months or is it a year. I'm figuring those of us who don't make this class may have to wait for maybe up to a year b4 being called for the next class although I' m hoping they will have an earlier class and I'm just wondering would we have to go through another preorienation and medicals again.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 AM

131 posts, read 216,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_MV View Post
I agree with you, but a strange thing happened yesterday when the woman called me.

She told me $24.95 for the money order. I'm SURE she said that, I even wrote it down & I'm not dyslexic, lol. I checked the board, saw it was $94.25 & called her back to confirm.

Can you imagine if I never saw this board & showed up with a money order in the wrong amount? Who knows how many times that's happened & people got the wrong information first time around?
Joey that is a valid point and it is an acceptable situation, but aside from that there is no excuse for procrastination. We all ran around to get our stuff together why should we be put behind those who half assed it and didn't pay attention. There is no reason to not know what you need for final IT IS ON THE CALL LETTER. Everything you need was given to you from the beginning. I am glad that the 411 on this board is going to save you man. Everybody on the board is pretty well off because we all talk with each other.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 AM

72 posts, read 181,888 times
If the Sanit. Dept. thought this was going to be the last class of the year would they add the three - five guys that dropped out in July to the August class. Additionally, I would still bet that the ratio for this class is near 3:1. Maybe they will only need 270 or 280, but no way they wont get to the 500's. I would be shocked and totally screwe if that happens. Last time it seemed they were gonna stop (have enough) at around 245, then the next week we heard they were calling in more people. So let's keep positive and I'm sure things will work out. Good luck to all!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 AM

208 posts, read 389,716 times
I have a feeling they might be done calling us, and calling the people who weren't ready last month, the guy I re-took my road test with was number 86.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:13 AM

26 posts, read 41,411 times
Default 50 San Workers Suspended

NYC Workers Suspended in Scrap Metal Probe

NEW YORK (AP) -- More than 50 New York City sanitation department workers have been suspended for using the department's trucks to collect and sell scrap metal for their own profit.

The city's Department of Investigation says an additional six workers were arrested Tuesday on charges of official misconduct and violating environmental laws.

The DOI says the workers targeted in the probe were videotaped or observed stripping metal from broken air conditioners. They later sold the pieces to a scrap metal company in Queens.

DOI Commissioner Rose Gill Hearn says the sanitation workers disregarded efforts by the city to reduce pollution through its recycling program.
Sanitation workers are supposed to collect scrap metals and take them to a city-contracted recycling facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City