U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 PM

300 posts, read 447,310 times
Default Uniforms

I do have a question about uniforms .. They didnt give us any papers about uniforms , so how do i know what to get when i go to mac's ????

Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM

28 posts, read 59,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage time View Post
a previous post brought up all of the adjusted scores and a lack of the adjusted/final list.

try emailing the chief newspaper to update the list.
Just wondering if you know when the next SUPV class will go in?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:13 PM

655 posts, read 959,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
I do have a question about uniforms .. They didnt give us any papers about uniforms , so how do i know what to get when i go to mac's ????
day1 they will give you this hugeeeee book - new sanitation hire guidelines....in it they list what you need to get and which places are approved to get them from. this is what you will need:

2 tshirts
2 long sleeve button down shirts
2 short sleeve button down shirts
2 long sleeve pants
2 in 1 (3 season) jacket
1 summer hat
1 winter hat

all these items must appear on your receipt and you will have to submit a copy of this receipt to dsny by the end of ur second week. expect to spend about 400 bucks more for bigger guys

Old 07-22-2008, 01:19 PM

136 posts, read 170,403 times
Default Final processing...

For the guys going in for the final for the aug class, make sure your residency dates are correct. A few guys got sent home for it. You need to have a date less than 60 days old from august 11 , not this week. So if you use a bank or credit card statement make sure the billing date is june 12 or later. It has to be the billing date not the due date.

If you do get sent home they have you come on the 29th to bring the correct papers so its not the end of the world if u dont get it right the first time.

The hr lady said that about #460 was the last person called for the aug class and there were no plans for a class this year, she said the papers would have been going out if there was another class soon. She answered the questions fast and seemed sincere. So just keep your heads up gentlemen you will get your shot!!! Just have to be patient...

Old 07-22-2008, 01:22 PM

136 posts, read 170,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
day1 they will give you this hugeeeee book - new sanitation hire guidelines....in it they list what you need to get and which places are approved to get them from. This is what you will need:

2 tshirts
2 long sleeve button down shirts
2 long sleeve pants
2 in 1 (3 season) jacket
1 summer hat
1 winter hat

all these items must appear on your receipt and you will have to submit a copy of this receipt to dsny by the end of ur second week. Expect to spend about 400 bucks more for bigger guys
so if i wanted to order my uniform now what do i bring macs to show him i got hired?? Is it the little yellow slip we got ?? Anyone have a phone # for macs??

Old 07-22-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
so if i wanted to order my uniform now what do i bring macs to show him i got hired?? Is it the little yellow slip we got ?? Anyone have a phone # for macs??
you can do that but they will probably not let you pick it up till you get ur id cards on day 1....# for macs is 718-377-5127

Old 07-22-2008, 01:25 PM

also guys...please do not wear ANY PIECE OF DSNY UNIFORMS ON DAY1 UNLESS YOU WERE A REHIRE!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:01 PM

473 posts, read 596,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
you are not supposed to buy anything until after your first day at fbf. If you go to Mac's now, they are not going to give you anything until you get your ID.
I went the Monday before, when I went to Mac's on 7/7 to pick everything up it was all ready for me.
When you go to Mac's they have a flyer showing what you need
2 pair of pants
2 Long sleeve button down shirts
2 T-shirts
1 3 in 1 winter jacket
2 baseball caps (1 summer & 1 winter)

Old 07-22-2008, 03:03 PM

473 posts, read 596,148 times
Just got a call today from a reliable source confirming the news that nobody is going to Queens West at all.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
you are not supposed to buy anything until after your first day at fbf. If you go to Mac's now, they are not going to give you anything until you get your ID.
I went the Monday before, when I went to Mac's on 7/7 to pick everything up it was all ready for me.
When you go to Mac's they have a flyer showing what you need
2 pair of pants
2 Long sleeve button down shirts
2 T-shirts
1 3 in 1 winter jacket
2 baseball caps (1 summer & 1 winter)
is there an echo in here?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City