U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-29-2008, 06:21 AM

288 posts, read 515,220 times
Default Bronx nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX9runner View Post
I am fed up with everybody slamming the bronx its not all that bad there are bad parts but there is also bad parts of queens brooklyn manhatten and si so dont scare new guys into not comming to the bronx
HOW IS PARKCHESTER ?KEVIN STILL THE FOREMAN

Old 07-29-2008, 06:23 AM

1,810 posts, read 4,127,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX9runner View Post
I am fed up with everybody slamming the bronx its not all that bad there are bad parts but there is also bad parts of queens brooklyn manhatten and si so dont scare new guys into not comming to the bronx
It's not really that,but the driving distance,traffic situation,tolls,etc. For me living in northwest Queens it would be easier to get to the South bronx rather than to a garage on the west side of manhattan.

These guys biggest weekly expense will be their commuting to and from work. Food and drinks you can bring from home,that is at least something you have control over.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:34 AM

288 posts, read 515,220 times
Default Pension time information

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFDNYEMS View Post
Question; I am a 13 year veteran of FNDY/EMS -EMT. Will Dept. of Sanitation accredit my years with FDNY to the 20 years to DSNY - I'm on test #6063 (List #133*). I found the question answered if I was going to become an NYPD (Police Officer). NOT FOR SANITATION. ANY RESPONSES?

WebSite: Credited Service - New York City Police Pension Fund

TIER I & II (ARTICLE II & IIA) CREDITED SERVICE
New York City Employee Retirement System Uniformed Force service (includes uniformed service in the Housing Police Department, Transit Police Department, Department of Correction, and Sanitation Department and Emergency Medical Technician {EMT} time) rendered by you immediately preceding to your appointment as a uniformed member of the New York City Police Department, provided you applied for such credited service within prescribed time limits and such credited service was transferred to the Police Pension Fund.
YOU HAVE TO PUT IN 20 YEAR'S WITH THE SANITATION ,YOU HAVE 13 YEAR'S WITH" FDNY EMT" WHEN YOU DO YOUR 20 YEAR'S YOU WILL RETIRE WITH 33 YEAR'S OF SERVICE ,I KNOW FOR SURE 10 OF THE 13 WILL COUNT SO THAT GIVE'S YOU 30 PENSION WHICH IS GREAT 60 % OF YOUR BEST 3 YEAR'S, "CALL NYCERS PENSION BOARD PEOPLE " IT'S BETTER TO TALK TO THEM RULE'S CAN BE CHANGED OVER TIME YOU NEVER KNOW .GOOD LUCK TO YOU IT'S A GREAT JOB .

Old 07-29-2008, 07:25 AM

253 posts, read 351,651 times
Has anyone heard about a possible class for the fall... I thought it would have been a possibility but now gov. Paterson is saying were in a big financial crisis. I guess he cant afford to pay me... sux

Old 07-29-2008, 07:31 AM

1,810 posts, read 4,127,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
Has anyone heard about a possible class for the fall... I thought it would have been a possibility but now gov. Paterson is saying were in a big financial crisis. I guess he cant afford to pay me... sux
Who cares about Gov Paterson,the state budget is in worse shape than the city's budget. DSNY is a NYC job,not a state job.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 AM

46 posts, read 60,238 times
Question:
There are tons of men/women who are commuting from Staten Island to other Boroughs to work for DSNY. How many of you use the HOV lanes without having 4 passengers, but receive professional courtesy?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:28 AM

655 posts, read 959,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSICandidate View Post
Question:
There are tons of men/women who are commuting from Staten Island to other Boroughs to work for DSNY. How many of you use the HOV lanes without having 4 passengers, but receive professional courtesy?

I haven't tried it yet. Remember...HIGHWAY PATROL is a whole other BEAST!!!! You are gonna be on probation for 18 months, try to be a good boy!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwolf View Post
For people OJT, I have some questions. 1) is there 1 or 2 people on the truck and if so how do they direct you to go to the dump, etc. (i'm not too familiar with the outer boroughs). 2) what are the parking arrangments for dsny employees? is there enough parking for eveyone or do you have to find parking aroud the neighborhood?
For OJT you drive and the regular relay guy sits passenger. They tell you where to go. Every garage has plenty of ample parking.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:30 AM

23 posts, read 35,750 times
Unhappy 5th amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
were you in Q1 with me last night/this morning?
I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I may be placed in the Bronx.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deburca View Post
I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I may be placed in the Bronx.
who are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City