U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-02-2008, 12:04 AM

37 posts, read 62,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
Anybody know what districts run EZ-Paks in the Bronx?
Bx1

Old 08-02-2008, 12:14 AM

37 posts, read 62,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
I just got assigned to bx1 and I'm from si.
You just missed out on 2 wonderful months of handbroom, lucky bastard but fear not there's plenty of MLP waiting for you. Lowest scorecard in the whole city. 1 Section is ****ing filthy. See you on Brooke & 138, lol.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:18 AM

105 posts, read 207,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deburca View Post
Q8 has GPS in all there vehicles.
They give BS answer that if a truck is taken by terrorist,
then it can be tracked.
For some one who is not even a MEMBER of this job yet you sure know a lot..Queens 8 is fighting a WAR for ALL sanmen.. but YOU know everything.. right? "they give a BS answer" You have not walked a day in a SANmans shoes.. so shut the **** up. YOU KNOW NOTHING. I guess you were never even a boy scout .. I was .." walk a mile in my brothers mocccasins...." you really need to learn before you open your mouth.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:46 AM

1,810 posts, read 4,278,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Q3 Section 2. It covers Northern Blvd From BQE to 90th and Northern to Roosevelt. Not Bad. The garage is located at CRS by Maurice Ave.
I am surprised that you got into a QW garage. That is a nice section,especially with those buildings within the Jackson Heights Historic district between 34th and 35th ave. The worst part would be the filthy streets of Little India on 73rd and 74th Sts between 37th ave and Roosevelt.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:07 AM

105 posts, read 207,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I am surprised that you got into a QW garage. That is a nice section,especially with those buildings within the Jackson Heights Historic district between 34th and 35th ave. The worst part would be the filthy streets of Little India on 73rd and 74th Sts between 37th ave and Roosevelt.
Iagree with you on the buildings. they are nice. they actually have working fireplaces and sunkin living rooms. they are all pre-war and... wait ... they all have huge bag stops and that is all that counts. you can like the details of prewar buildings all you like but you need to pay attention to what is steaming on the curb. :-)

Old 08-02-2008, 01:21 AM

1,810 posts, read 4,278,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCsanman View Post
Iagree with you on the buildings. they are nice. they actually have working fireplaces and sunkin living rooms. they are all pre-war and... wait ... they all have huge bag stops and that is all that counts. you can like the details of prewar buildings all you like but you need to pay attention to what is steaming on the curb. :-)
Yes sir,that is a densely populated neighborhood. Routes must be short but very heavy. Do chiefs hang around often at QW garages? Thanks for the info on Q3,that is very important stuff to know. Would QW2,QW4 be considered "exclusive" garages since they are so hard to get into? Thanks

Old 08-02-2008, 07:46 AM

136 posts, read 174,616 times
congrats to all who finished training....after being assigned to your new garage do you have a set schedule or do you have to wait till monday to find out?? and are your hours going to be bounced around??

Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 AM

193 posts, read 282,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
congrats to all who finished training....after being assigned to your new garage do you have a set schedule or do you have to wait till monday to find out?? and are your hours going to be bounced around??
They told us that we have to do 30 days of days. 6-2, 7-3, 8-4 after that we are game to whatever the garage gives us. They told us to call our garage today to find out what we are doing on Monday.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:06 AM

502 posts, read 698,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
Like Joe said, morning shifts for 30 days. Meanwhile, there is a block party here today and I almost got a ticket for not moving my car for the mechanical broom....lol

Old 08-02-2008, 09:45 AM

876 posts, read 1,321,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deburca View Post
I did my garage duties at Q4, first truck was in at 7:50AM, then the truck
went to review ave. and dumped. If you don't like to run then you are lazy.
Night driving was at Q1, the guys stay out all day and don't dump on shift. If you run then you are crazy, because a trip to New Jersey to
dump is waiting for you.
If you do not dump then you are lazy? Saying that just shows you have no idea what this job is. This job will kill your body. I have seen guys in my garage who can barely walk. You are going to do this for 20 years there is no reason to put your body through that kind of stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City