U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
 
5 posts, read 9,273 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

I dont know what im really doing, but was curious, so dont mind if im doing this replying the wrong way...lol.... Well i took the test in june '07 and my listing number was in the 1040's but lost the paper with the number on it, not sure if it matters or not, is there some how i can find out my number again....i already took the physical and passed...also are there many women in sanitation?? i never really see any, and when i took the physical everyone was watching me like i wasnt going to pass...lol it makes me alittle intimidated...

 
Old 08-06-2008, 05:25 PM
 
163 posts, read 287,996 times
Reputation: 25
Default Eloquently said

Quote:
Originally Posted by siMIKE View Post
All,

Although I am not OTJ yet, I start Day 1 at FBF on August 11th I just want to express an opinion here to everyone waiting and those OTJ. Let's be smart about what is said on this public message board. Before you make a post make sure that you would be comfortable saying it to the Commissioner of the Sanitation because you essentially are doing that via your posts. I am sure that there are some higher ups that read some or all of the message boards on the internet and monitor what is being said. If you think a post may possibly create a conflict that could affect San Workers, Supervisors or Candidates perhaps you should rethink the way that you express your message or skip posting on that topic. You can't fight what is written on a message board. It's not like a personal or phone conversation that you can say something was interpreted wrong. The reason that this is one of the best jobs in the city right now is because it's under the radar. The cops and fireman at times garner too much negative attention. It is great how much we have been able to help one another through this board and with over 500 pages, we really have something great here but let's be smart.

Congratulations and Best of Luck to all of the Guys who are stationed in their new garages. Good Luck to everyone starting on August 11th and I look forward to seeing everyone at FBF. To everyone who is still waiting just be patient, be smart and keep your nose clean.

-Mike
Thank You for posting this. I am on the job and have cringed when reading some of the recent postings from the july class. Fellas (and ladies) please be carefull what you say in public and write in your post's. not only here but Myspace and other sites.

Good luck and best wishes.
 
Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 PM
 
163 posts, read 287,996 times
Reputation: 25
DSNY - Job Opportunities
 
Old 08-06-2008, 05:28 PM
 
163 posts, read 287,996 times
Reputation: 25
Sanitation Worker
 
Old 08-06-2008, 05:29 PM
 
163 posts, read 287,996 times
Reputation: 25
DSNY - The City of New York Department of Sanitation
 
Old 08-06-2008, 07:39 PM
 
502 posts, read 897,613 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnf1984 View Post
I dont know what im really doing, but was curious, so dont mind if im doing this replying the wrong way...lol.... Well i took the test in june '07 and my listing number was in the 1040's but lost the paper with the number on it, not sure if it matters or not, is there some how i can find out my number again....i already took the physical and passed...also are there many women in sanitation?? i never really see any, and when i took the physical everyone was watching me like i wasnt going to pass...lol it makes me alittle intimidated...
First, there are Women working. The garage in Brooklyn I was just assigned to has 2 or 3. You have a good list number. Call 212-669-1357, press 2, enter your social security number, then they ask for the exam number (6063). They will give you your info. Good luck!
 
Old 08-06-2008, 07:40 PM
 
Location: none
35 posts, read 57,362 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnf1984 View Post
I dont know what im really doing, but was curious, so dont mind if im doing this replying the wrong way...lol.... Well i took the test in june '07 and my listing number was in the 1040's but lost the paper with the number on it, not sure if it matters or not, is there some how i can find out my number again....i already took the physical and passed...also are there many women in sanitation?? i never really see any, and when i took the physical everyone was watching me like i wasnt going to pass...lol it makes me alittle intimidated...
im on the job 4 years now...you can find out your # by calling human resource...and it just so happens that we have 3 ladies that happen to work in my district and all do awsome.so there really isnt a reason to be intimidated..plus i have seen alot around in other districts
 
Old 08-06-2008, 07:46 PM
 
93 posts, read 157,790 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by siMIKE View Post
All,

Although I am not OTJ yet, I start Day 1 at FBF on August 11th I just want to express an opinion here to everyone waiting and those OTJ. Let's be smart about what is said on this public message board. Before you make a post make sure that you would be comfortable saying it to the Commissioner of the Sanitation because you essentially are doing that via your posts. I am sure that there are some higher ups that read some or all of the message boards on the internet and monitor what is being said. If you think a post may possibly create a conflict that could affect San Workers, Supervisors or Candidates perhaps you should rethink the way that you express your message or skip posting on that topic. You can't fight what is written on a message board. It's not like a personal or phone conversation that you can say something was interpreted wrong. The reason that this is one of the best jobs in the city right now is because it's under the radar. The cops and fireman at times garner too much negative attention. It is great how much we have been able to help one another through this board and with over 500 pages, we really have something great here but let's be smart.

Congratulations and Best of Luck to all of the Guys who are stationed in their new garages. Good Luck to everyone starting on August 11th and I look forward to seeing everyone at FBF. To everyone who is still waiting just be patient, be smart and keep your nose clean.

-Mike
I was thinking the same thing I'm glad you said it perfect. I mention it to one of the guys on this post and he said the same thing, that they shouldn't be saying what their saying cause you don't know who is reading this. Lets not ruin a good thing. Good luck to the guys starting Monday. Keep us posted .
 
Old 08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
1,810 posts, read 6,201,619 times
Reputation: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
Honestly there probably is but it is in the computers. I dont know actually but i am sure its probably an low number like in the 200-400.

And yes it would be safe to assume there would be another round of testing next year, esp as we move thru the list .

Still no word on an other class being called .
Thanks bro,those numbers sound accurate to me. DCAS should update the list every year,like when there is a gap bewteen classes(winter months).

SIMike,I understand where you are coming from,but for us list numbers who haven't been called yet we can say whatever we want in here. We are civilians. Once you are hired and or on the job,then you have to be careful what you write on the internet.

DCAS does the hiring,not DSNY. Besides you can remain anonymous in here,your just a screename. Fear none,respect all.
 
Old 08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
 
335 posts, read 668,114 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnf1984 View Post
I dont know what im really doing, but was curious, so dont mind if im doing this replying the wrong way...lol.... Well i took the test in june '07 and my listing number was in the 1040's but lost the paper with the number on it, not sure if it matters or not, is there some how i can find out my number again....i already took the physical and passed...also are there many women in sanitation?? i never really see any, and when i took the physical everyone was watching me like i wasnt going to pass...lol it makes me alittle intimidated...
or what you can do is call Sanitation human resourse which is 646 885 0900 and you will probably reach me and i will probably tell you your list number. If you call from 10am to 1pm you will most likely get me on the phone this week.

And there are girls in sanitation. Just not many. But there are some cute ones too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top