Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 09:06 AM

148 posts, read 268,200 times

Advertisements

For guys OJT, are they serious about only being late once for 18 months? I'm not planning on being a truancy problem, but DSNY cannot possibly forsee what can happen. What if someone's mom is in the hospital or if your car breaks down. I would think that if you called your supervisor they would take care of you. Maybe I'm just being naive, but I would think sanmen would take care of their own. Can someone clarify this for me cause if that were the case there would be a lot of firings and all that money spent on investigations and training would be wasted. If someone was just godawful, late and complaining all the time that's 1 thing. But if someone works hard for the job and then is late once gets sh*tcanned. Is that fair. OJT guys please respond

Old 08-10-2008, 09:08 AM

rule of thumb: it's better to be 15 min. too early than 15 min. too late.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:28 AM

is the flex fit hat like a winter hat? did anyone get the orange gloves? How are we getting lunch tomorrow?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:48 AM

246 posts, read 592,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I am happy they are taking off the steps from the trucks. I am hoping that this will eventually slow everyone down a little.
Taking the steps off has not slowed them down now guys kick the tail lights out and put there foot in the hole using it as a step or they hang off the side of the cab and I've even seen them sitting on the front bumper while it's moving .They will never learn.
The funny thing is these route were established with a step and when Harry pulled the steps off the routes should have been redone .Having a step is a big difference in my garage .

Old 08-10-2008, 10:35 AM

389 posts, read 774,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwolf View Post
is the flex fit hat like a winter hat? did anyone get the orange gloves? How are we getting lunch tomorrow?
Flexfit is the winter hat....roach coach comes by at break time and lunchtime. Otherwise bring your own, you're too far out in the 'boonies' to go drive and get something and get back and actually eat it.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:37 AM

389 posts, read 774,042 times
Anybody have the address of the uniform store in the Bronx? Castle Hill right?

Old 08-10-2008, 11:22 AM

For guys OJT, are they serious about only being late once for 18 months? I'm not planning on being a truancy problem, but DSNY cannot possibly forsee what can happen. What if someone's mom is in the hospital or if your car breaks down. I would think that if you called your supervisor they would take care of you. Maybe I'm just being naive, but I would think sanmen would take care of their own. Can someone clarify this for me cause if that were the case there would be a lot of firings and all that money spent on investigations and training would be wasted. If someone was just godawful, late and complaining all the time that's 1 thing. But if someone works hard for the job and then is late once gets sh*tcanned. Is that fair. OJT guys please respond

Old 08-10-2008, 11:41 AM

876 posts, read 2,139,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
If everyone just walked from stop to stop because of no step they would not be able to finish on time and lines would be left. I walk when i get baskets and you can't finish in the time they give you, my garage dosen't expect you to finish baskets (formans) they know it is more then you can do they just want to see you do a good job on what you can and take your brakes when you are suppose to for the time you are suppose to.
Consider yourself very lucky that you were placed in your district. There are many districts where the basket route is impossible unless you run it and they expect you to finish. You are in a none running district which is why they dont expect you to run and kill yourself just to finish the basket route.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 AM

876 posts, read 2,139,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwolf View Post
It depends on the district you are on. If you call and tell the foreman that you are going to be late they will hold the sheet for you. If you are marked late once during the 18 months i dont think it will affect your probahation.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:50 AM

300 posts, read 658,737 times
i forgot all about the work gloves... i'll go to home depot in a little while and get a pair .. Goodluck to everyone tomorrow .. !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.