Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 02:36 PM

35 posts, read 65,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
2nd backup car is an expensive option. How about a moped? Not sure if they let you go the highways though. So one has to carry cabfare on them to work just in case they do breakdown. Unless your on a highway your car should still be there where you left it hopefully.

How do sanmen get to work during snowstorms? Bus/Subway?
everytime it snowed i drove my car to work.....just a left a bit earlier then normal!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:52 PM

246 posts, read 593,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
I was worried about that too, but someone told me that when they start predicting snow you get called into work. They have those salt spreaders ready for the minute it starts snowing, so you beat the snow. And its 12 hour shifts, so you got lots of time to get there if your not on the first shift. I think you might even be able to crash at the garage in between 12 hour shifts if its bad out on a couch or something. All I know, is you can't use the snow as an excuse.
I jump in the first spreader or plow that pass's my house LOL.I live about 20 blocks from my garage .

Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM

257 posts, read 507,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
I jump in the first spreader or plow that pass's my house LOL.I live about 20 blocks from my garage .
thats awesome

Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 PM

364 posts, read 739,057 times
Quote:
I had this post saved from awhile ago. Give Turkey Tuesday credit for it. Glad to see him back posting. He must have been on vacation.

" Sick is broken into three categories a,b,c with c being the worst category.In "C" when you go sick you have to report to the department clinic that first day or go to a doctor and report the next. "B" category you can stay out one day then the following day you either have to goto the clinic or goto your doctor. "A" category you can stay out three days and do not have to goto the clinic to go to work. How you are in these categories is sick leave usage. It changed about a year ago so I am unsure of the numbers of days, but instances is 4 sicks in a year put you in "B" and "7" put you in "C" and 12 instances put you in review status which if you have no documentation for your absences you can be fired."
Thanks yeah I was away since the 11th of June. Plus there were too many "women" posting lol

Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 PM

59 posts, read 174,869 times
Quote:
Good advice BKSANMAN. So they want you to have a home phone so when they call to check up on you when you are sick. Do they also visit your home as well?
Im out Lodi right now, they call me every day, they came to my house every day last week, and havent come at all this week. If you go sick in B or C category they call and visit, in A they dont.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:39 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSANMAN View Post
Im out Lodi right now, they call me every day, they came to my house every day last week, and havent come at all this week. If you go sick in B or C category they call and visit, in A they dont.
Thanks,understood. I am sure that it is an unannounced home visit right?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Thanks yeah I was away since the 11th of June. Plus there were too many "women" posting lol
You mean wash women,haha.

a dried up old hag that loves to gossip

Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn14 View Post
everytime it snowed i drove my car to work.....just a left a bit earlier then normal!
Should have thought of that. There is plenty of time to get prepared before a snowstorm. Better question would be the drive going back home,sometimes it is better to stay at the garage or sleep in your car outside.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM

35 posts, read 65,892 times
Quote:
Should have thought of that. There is plenty of time to get prepared before a snowstorm. Better question would be the drive going back home,sometimes it is better to stay at the garage or sleep in your car outside.
ive seen people stay at the garage 1 or 2 nights....but usually after your 12 hour shift most of the streets are usually cleared by then

the one thing i used to do tho is when i lived in bklyn and i was on the spreader i used to drive to get salt form bk11 and i used to spread the streets the way i took to get home so when i left the streets were pretty clean...used to do that like 3 times a day

Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM

335 posts, read 747,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
thanks bro you the man.......
I was told they check your urine and maybe another blood test.

They just want to make sure your clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City