U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-18-2008, 01:37 PM

655 posts, read 959,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
The kuai or anyone that chose this option on their health benefits. What is this option for and what does this do ?? The reason i ask is so that i know if i should choose this or not .. it would be greatly appreciated !!!

Poor memory? You already asked me this on August 2nd:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
what does the carveout rider mean ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
means if you go to a hospital that doesn't take ghi they will still take care of you instead of waiting for the doctor that accepts your coverage...it is meant for emergencies

Old 08-18-2008, 02:23 PM

108 posts, read 192,903 times
Family Day=GHETTO....Almost got Cut twice.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:31 PM

108 posts, read 192,903 times
Just Playing it was nice....but hot...looked like the kids had a good time..thats what important.they loved the trucks from what i saw.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 PM

334 posts, read 506,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPdsny View Post
Been lurking on this board so I decided to register and give some news I heard.
Just got off the phone with the lady from human resources , she said they should have an october class. It should be anounced soon.
She said she heard this because if they dont have one for oct, then they wont have one until after the new year because past history shows they dont like to start classes or training in the cold or snowy weather, And they need some more hires be4 the winter. The union wants another class.
Lets all hope this is true, I certainly hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothaman View Post
Im in the aug. class and commissioner doherty told us today that there won't probably be another class until the spring unless the city gives the okay to hire more before the year is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPdsny View Post
Did you hear anything about this?
Its anyone's call. What I usually say is what the commissioner says. That right now there isn't an class schedule and you might have to wait awhile unless there is one in the fall. Hopefully we dont have to wait. Pray for alot of Sanitation Workers to retire lol.

Rght now everyone has an different opinion of what is going to happen. I would stick with the commissioner's opinion since he probably has the edge of whats going on over everyone. Once I hear something legit I will run it thru it ( if i am allowed to that is ) and I haven't heard anything for me to get excited over it. Just same old garage :P

Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 PM

364 posts, read 490,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman04 View Post
Just Playing it was nice....but hot...looked like the kids had a good time..thats what important.they loved the trucks from what i saw.
no your not. They should do a warrant check on the way out I bet you could fill 10 buses lol.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 PM

364 posts, read 490,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman04 View Post
family day=ghetto....almost got cut twice.
jerry jerry jerry lol

Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
no your not. They should do a warrant check on the way out I bet you could fill 10 buses lol.
lol i worked transport for most of the day but when they pulled me off transport to help out with food, i saw people walking away from the drink stand with cases of snapple! I helped out with hotdogs and hamburgers and these people were complaining like they were paying for the stuff!!! and when our booth ran out of sausages....ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE!!! This one girl wanted to be compensated for standing in line and waiting for sausage!

Old 08-18-2008, 05:11 PM

88 posts, read 135,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
lol i worked transport for most of the day but when they pulled me off transport to help out with food, i saw people walking away from the drink stand with cases of snapple! I helped out with hotdogs and hamburgers and these people were complaining like they were paying for the stuff!!! And when our booth ran out of sausages....all hell broke loose!!! This one girl wanted to be compensated for standing in line and waiting for sausage!
lol!!

Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM

guys we have a really strong union. On saturday we started getting 2x 1lt bottles of poland spring for guys on collection and mlp

Old 08-18-2008, 05:18 PM

1,810 posts, read 4,125,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Reminds me of something that you wrote awhile ago Turkey Tuesday,just a reminder for the new hires.

The Dregs of society I forgot to also mention guys on the job will steal anything thats not tied down. I mean that seriously not joking. They will break anything nice ie TVs DVD players xbox if they cannot steal it. Get used to it. This is nothing like the NYPD or FDNY. I know guys that will not even give 5 bucks for flowers for someone in the garages family when they pass away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City