U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-22-2008, 09:24 PM

21 posts, read 34,255 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know if there has been any layoffs due to the economies downturn?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:21 PM

300 posts, read 455,753 times
the kuai - he won't tell us who he is ...

I just got home from my first day of OJT.. it was awesome.. Im in QW5 .. I did 2 relays of splits was done by 8:45 and chilled out the rest of the night.. The sanman i was with was really cool.. let me do everything and gave me some awesome advice.. i will have him the rest of my ojt which is even better ... the only problem i had was the second truck i was taking to the dump had a flat on the back .. We couldnt down the truck because it was full... so the GU put a new tire on the back ( i assisted him) and then i went on my merry way....i did run into a few of the guys from our class that is also on OJT about 4 of our guys were at the dumps .... How did everyone elses OJT go ????

Old 08-23-2008, 01:00 AM

334 posts, read 516,894 times
hey what does OJT mean? I been trying to figure that out as long as i been here but I dont know what it stands for. I am assuming its abbrivated for something else.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:12 AM

148 posts, read 188,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post

I just got home from my first day of OJT.. it was awesome.. Im in QW5 .. I did 2 relays of splits was done by 8:45 and chilled out the rest of the night.. The sanman i was with was really cool.. let me do everything and gave me some awesome advice.. i will have him the rest of my ojt which is even better ... the only problem i had was the second truck i was taking to the dump had a flat on the back .. We couldnt down the truck because it was full... so the GU put a new tire on the back ( i assisted him) and then i went on my merry way....i did run into a few of the guys from our class that is also on OJT about 4 of our guys were at the dumps .... How did everyone elses OJT go ????
i'm glad your ojt is going well and that you have a good trainer. how was your experience doing the relays? were u nervous?

Old 08-23-2008, 05:13 AM

148 posts, read 188,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
hey what does OJT mean? I been trying to figure that out as long as i been here but I dont know what it stands for. I am assuming its abbrivated for something else.
i believe it means On the Job Training. please correct me if i'm wrong

Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 AM

136 posts, read 174,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post

whats up pipez, glad to hear it went well...i am going to qw5 for ojt also...where did you dump?? jersey?? do they have a parking lot there or do i have to park on the street??

Old 08-23-2008, 09:37 AM

655 posts, read 977,720 times
For those interested, I just got my first check with truck money. Here is how it breaks down to the penny:

Truck diff: 44.24
Route ext: 11.85
Dump money: 5.53

Total 61.62

Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 AM

300 posts, read 455,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
whats up pipez, glad to hear it went well...i am going to qw5 for ojt also...where did you dump?? jersey?? do they have a parking lot there or do i have to park on the street??
Yea we dump in 2 places ... you dump the bottles and cans in queens near vandam st. kinda near silver cup studios... the other place we dump in QW5 is in East NY .. that is where you dump the paper .... DOing the both relays i was not nervous it was more relaxing than sitting in damn class all day .... I have not dumped garbage yet , which i might do on monday or tuesday .. That is in totowa NJ ....

Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 AM

193 posts, read 261,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
For those interested, I just got my first check with truck money. Here is how it breaks down to the penny:

Truck diff: 44.24
Route ext: 11.85
Dump money: 5.53

Total 61.62
what is route ext

Old 08-23-2008, 10:47 AM

655 posts, read 977,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grins View Post
what is route ext

Route extension was part of the union contract. Some routes were extended as part of the new agreement and we now get a differential because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City