U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 02:46 PM

253 posts, read 459,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn14 View Post
couldnt agree more ...and just to add another thing.....when they make you work those 4 extra hours ot in the snow when there isnt even anymore snow to plow or shovel....just driving in circles for 12 hours

I'm not on yet but ill take this as earning your bones.... I'm sure everyone has had to do this

Old 08-25-2008, 03:05 PM

364 posts, read 621,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
I'm not on yet but ill take this as earning your bones.... I'm sure everyone has had to do this
Unfortunately it has nothing to do with earning your bones, because evryone still has to do it lol. That is until they lower the ot personel at the end of the storm. Usually it is during collection. You do a route get ot dump the truck on ot and then do corner caps until your ot is up. Sucks major a s s

Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM

71 posts, read 111,674 times
Just curious... if they do appoint a new class of supervisors before night plow, how much warning will they get?

Also, is the promotion list based solely on test score or do other things count towards who gets appointed first, like evaluations?

Old 08-25-2008, 04:54 PM

35 posts, read 54,712 times
even worse when its like 3:30 - 4:00 am and its like 3 degrees out doing corner caps........cant wait till you all want that ot ...lol

Old 08-25-2008, 04:55 PM

241 posts, read 492,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
Two things i have to say ...It's about time for the NYPD. You will see alot of people that took this test take the NYPD path now because of the salary increase , it always happened and it will again .

Secondly , about the contract.. When Harry N. came to our class 2 weeks ago he told us then before this contract happened that they were going to re-open the contract negotiations and try to get as much as they can with NO give backs... Hopefully we hear something soon...

enjoy your day ....
Of course Harry is going to say that it's his job to do so. You know he's going to say we are going to get as much as we can and we are not going to give anything back .If he didn't say that would you really want him running the union....As for hearing something soon a contract is not done over nite it takes months and years thats why the last couple of contract's we got retro money .You want your contract to expire so you get retro checks hell 2 contracts ago it was my retro check I used for a down payment on my vacation home

Old 08-25-2008, 05:25 PM

136 posts, read 251,531 times
test score and seniority.i also believe u cannot be in c category or have pending complaints
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestie77 View Post
Just curious... if they do appoint a new class of supervisors before night plow, how much warning will they get?

Also, is the promotion list based solely on test score or do other things count towards who gets appointed first, like evaluations?

Old 08-25-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestie77 View Post

List number is what makes you eligible. The 1 in 3 rule applies to promotion also, so If you have a bad record over your last 2 years you might not get it. Who you know also can help in this process. If your a borderline promotion and you are well connected chances are they will give you a shot. You will hear of folders being pulled for review a few weeks before with a tentative class date so you will have an idea. They will also ask you if you want to take the badge (no sense wasting a spot if your going to turn it in day one) Your complaint history, attendance ,sick category , and evaluations have a major role in your promotion.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 PM

335 posts, read 641,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
(no sense wasting a spot if your going to turn it in day one)
Oh my god you dont know how much I hate that. When I imput something as an Supv then like a few days later I have to go demote them to San. Worker. So annoying.
What is worst is when Someone becomes an sanitation worker and then less then 3 months they quit. They wasted an brand new folder we had to create and all the paper work and imputting in the systems for nothing.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
Oh my god you dont know how much I hate that. When I imput something as an Supv then like a few days later I have to go demote them to San. Worker. So annoying.
What is worst is when Someone becomes an sanitation worker and then less then 3 months they quit. They wasted an brand new folder we had to create and all the paper work and imputting in the systems for nothing.
i know plenty of guys that have taken the badge 2x some 3x and turned it in. Usually after you turn it in more than once they target you.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 PM

20 posts, read 101,168 times
Quote:
whats the pay scale at toh LI446
Not sure.
I was interested in that info myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City