Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 04:45 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
You can have a thousand screen names
Maybe if you didnt run and dump you wouldnt have so much time to waste making screen names for this message board.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 PM

364 posts, read 739,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Maybe if you didnt run and dump you wouldnt have so much time to waste making screen names for this message board.
See couldnt you play nice. I have ignored you for so long, but you just cant help yourself. I have not been at work much to run and dump. On vacation and stuff (when you have a little time you dont have to take vacation in March, October and February) but it is nice to see that all your dump crusading has fell on deaf ears. The new guys have fallen in nicely to the ranks of finishing early.lol They marvel at what times the collection crews return to the garage and strive for the chance to show everyone what their made of. Sometime in the near future the likes of you will only exist in random sightings like "the Loch Ness Monster and El Chupacabra". Like hey " I heard someone saw a truck stayout and not dump" response " Thats bull s h i t must be a hoax their is no such thing." When I do return I will give you a wave on my way back from the dump. Maybe give you my free water when you are on mlp or handbroom at 830. Counting the hours till you can take a slow ride in "Que the eerie music and laugh" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Ha....................................

Old 08-27-2008, 05:08 PM

108 posts, read 272,036 times
Can't we all just get along.....again :d:d:d

Old 08-27-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman04 View Post
Can't we all just get along.....again :d:d:d
He could not help himself like I said.......

Old 08-27-2008, 05:43 PM

163 posts, read 328,373 times
Default take a bow TT!

Quote:
See couldnt you play nice. I have ignored you for so long, but you just cant help yourself. I have not been at work much to run and dump. On vacation and stuff (when you have a little time you dont have to take vacation in March, October and February) but it is nice to see that all your dump crusading has fell on deaf ears. The new guys have fallen in nicely to the ranks of finishing early.lol They marvel at what times the collection crews return to the garage and strive for the chance to show everyone what their made of. Sometime in the near future the likes of you will only exist in random sightings like "the Loch Ness Monster and El Chupacabra". Like hey " I heard someone saw a truck stayout and not dump" response " Thats bull s h i t must be a hoax their is no such thing." When I do return I will give you a wave on my way back from the dump. Maybe give you my free water when you are on mlp or handbroom at 830. Counting the hours till you can take a slow ride in "Que the eerie music and laugh" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Ha....................................
TAKE A BOW TT. For months we read hear on this forum how we shouldn't dump and stuff. Now look just a month into the job and newbies are trying to break records.

Oh by the way Turkey that was really good comeb ack I enjoyed that.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
You know spanish turkeyTuesday? Most people mispell that word "chupacabras"...speaking of which are there a few chupacabras running around at DSNY garages?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:00 PM

51 posts, read 101,540 times
hold on...dont speak for everyone. i for one will never run and dump, ive been with guys who do it and i just wont. they can run up their lines if they want but i take my time. im not killing myself to finish early and im not taking a relay slot away from somebody else. i may be 23 and new on the job but i know we have to preserve the job. u guys keep running, then when your routes get extended dont cry about how much work you have to do. you may think im nuts but the days gonna come where you guys get done in 2 hours and they send you back out with a new route. but of course why would the senior guys care(not all but most) there not gonna be affected.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:17 PM

176 posts, read 374,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
The link that I put up were of the EZ-Pack trucks,made a mistake there,I have seen them before around housing projects. I have never seen a DSNY roll on roll off truck until you posted the pic of one. Maybe there aren't that many out there.
The RO-RO's are out there, just stationed at maybe 2/3 garages per boro. The bulk of the shifts are run at night with maybe 2/ 3 running in the day. There may come a time when you were out of town at a district that has them.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therich84 View Post
hold on...dont speak for everyone. i for one will never run and dump, ive been with guys who do it and i just wont. they can run up their lines if they want but i take my time. im not killing myself to finish early and im not taking a relay slot away from somebody else. i may be 23 and new on the job but i know we have to preserve the job. u guys keep running, then when your routes get extended dont cry about how much work you have to do. you may think im nuts but the days gonna come where you guys get done in 2 hours and they send you back out with a new route. but of course why would the senior guys care(not all but most) there not gonna be affected.
One thing keeps this job from being privatized, and I will let you know what it is. SNOW we re the only municipality in the world that can handle that. We are the center of the WORLD so evrything must stay open. Thats it that is our job nothing else otherwise they would bid out neighborhoods to private carters with crackheads and illegals hanging off the truck. lol

Old 08-27-2008, 06:29 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times
Quote:
They are cutting trucks in many districts where they run and dump and extending the existing routes. You are going to be a foreman so this isnt something that affects you. There are some districts where they do not dump and will never dump on shift without getting 4 hours ot. As long as those districts exist there will always be a place for someone like myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City