U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2008, 03:34 PM

473 posts, read 604,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
Who knows... I really have no idea. Yea if ur working 12 to 8, u gotta call ur garage after 1:30 to get ur orders for the following day.

Edit: they just moved the boards around. Now I'm 6-2 on the half truck.
Your 30 days are not up yet you couldn't work the 12-8. They told us in my garage it ends on Sept. 4. Maybe the other districts have a different date??? I don't know. I am spoiled working days

Old 08-30-2008, 03:44 PM

I have a question about running and dumping. Were all the July guys sent to distiricts that stay out all day? or when and if they make the truck are you refusing to run?
Another thing is we are on probation and are supposed to be out all day so whoever you are working with may stay out to protect you. After probation you are going to tell the senior man on the truck you want to stay out, so you really think that will fly????
For the guys saying they will never do it, did they have to run and didn't like it??? Just wondering why people are so bent out of shape about it. It seems to me in my month of experience that it is part of the job and depending on your district and section that is the way things get done. Am I wrong about this I don't see the big deal in it.
I don't like to run because you sit around for a few hours and the day drags I rather be out. but the less time out, the less are your chances for accidents and complaints etc....

Old 08-30-2008, 03:54 PM

655 posts, read 971,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
I have a question about running and dumping. Were all the July guys sent to distiricts that stay out all day? or when and if they make the truck are you refusing to run?
Another thing is we are on probation and are supposed to be out all day so whoever you are working with may stay out to protect you. After probation you are going to tell the senior man on the truck you want to stay out, so you really think that will fly????
For the guys saying they will never do it, did they have to run and didn't like it??? Just wondering why people are so bent out of shape about it. It seems to me in my month of experience that it is part of the job and depending on your district and section that is the way things get done. Am I wrong about this I don't see the big deal in it.
I don't like to run because you sit around for a few hours and the day drags I rather be out. but the less time out, the less are your chances for accidents and complaints etc....
my garage runs and dumps...im on probation so im not gonna decide to be a rebel. I just go with the flow and try to blend in. you don't want to be the rookie who is known as a rebel. i don't mind coming in early. there is one guy who likes to stay out. when i worked with him I didn't mind staying out either. i just do what the senior man does until probation is up.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:56 PM

655 posts, read 971,295 times
also did anyone hear something from their shop stewards that next week they don't want u dumping unless u have 10.7 tons? my shop steward was discussing this today and he said we gotta slow things down if this is the case.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 PM

136 posts, read 205,217 times
there is plenty to do when u have free time
Quote:

Old 08-30-2008, 04:10 PM

136 posts, read 205,217 times
soon enough u will be goin home and coming back at signout trust me
Quote:
Originally Posted by the commisioner View Post
there is plenty to do when u have free time

Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
my garage runs and dumps...im on probation so im not gonna decide to be a rebel. I just go with the flow and try to blend in. you don't want to be the rookie who is known as a rebel. i don't mind coming in early. there is one guy who likes to stay out. when i worked with him I didn't mind staying out either. i just do what the senior man does until probation is up.
That's what I do I just go with the flow and however the day goes it goes.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:55 PM

364 posts, read 496,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxguy View Post
Thanks turkey, but sept. 27th is a saturday. Will you be in the next class?
probably that Monday then, but like I said tentative. I do not know, we will see

Old 08-30-2008, 04:57 PM

388 posts, read 513,895 times
Quote:
Quote:
That's what I do I just go with the flow and however the day goes it goes.

same here

Old 08-30-2008, 04:59 PM

364 posts, read 496,648 times
Quote:
Your 30 days are not up yet you couldn't work the 12-8. They told us in my garage it ends on Sept. 4. Maybe the other districts have a different date??? I don't know. I am spoiled working days
Some garages count holidays and sundays. While some count only working days they are called IN HOUSE RULES. lol Just another lovely stipulation on this job that will effect you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City