Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 10:15 PM

105 posts, read 288,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
i'm just a newbie but i think they will cancel the "leaf truck" to collect bags of leaves, and the christmas tree collection program
BINGO !that's their start for this year!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
i don't think/hope they will be laying people off right before winter...would be silly
We have been "over" city wide for a while... even before your July class came on. Its all a numbers game ... but If they want to lay off they will lay off. I have seen It happen before. but the guys layed off will be called back soon enough and of course before any one else is hired. But, I dont think It will come to that. If you remember, They were talking budget cuts in this department last spring and the RUMORS where flying.. and you guys got hired anyway. What many people dont have is the mental capacity to comprehend on this website and on this job is that every garage city wide has a minimum amount of guys they have to have (for sake of winter) we may have an excess during the summer. and some "smart" posters will say .. go do your MLP!! but they dont realize that there may be too many guys during the summer because a certain garage dumps on shift but there always is JUST enough guys during a snow storm.. They need each AND every SanMan City wide. I dont think you are at first hired for you place on the truck, Iam pretty sure you are hired for the numbers game of the defense of NYC of a Major blizzard. Sorry for being long winded.. but I think the July and August classes are safe, because we need you guys in the numbers. peace n love ..

Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Bloomberg has been great for this city. I hope he runs for a third term. Everyone who is on the job needs to thank g_d. Everyone who wants to get on this job is going to have to wait a few more years. I dont think they will hire for a while.
Bro ..are you off your rocker? I have been with you on all the posts about not running .. but .. Bloomberg best for this city? This MoFo mayor has raised the property taxes for home owners in NYC snce he came on and It was said yesterday that he wants to raise them again!! If I wanted to pay Nassau or Suffolk County tax rates I would have a house there .. but I have a standard NYC house and plot of land which is 25' x 100' and an being taxed NOW at quasi suberban rates. Iam sorry but for lower middle class people like municipal employees, This guy is a Hitler. I would like to hear from other san men - former sanmen on this.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:56 AM

656 posts, read 1,412,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCsanman View Post
Bro ..are you off your rocker? I have been with you on all the posts about not running .. but .. Bloomberg best for this city? This MoFo mayor has raised the property taxes for home owners in NYC snce he came on and It was said yesterday that he wants to raise them again!! If I wanted to pay Nassau or Suffolk County tax rates I would have a house there .. but I have a standard NYC house and plot of land which is 25' x 100' and an being taxed NOW at quasi suberban rates. Iam sorry but for lower middle class people like municipal employees, This guy is a Hitler. I would like to hear from other san men - former sanmen on this.
on the news they were saying that bloomberg cut the prop. tax 7% and raising the tax would just be taking away the 7% discount

Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Default Round 2 physical exam.

I didn't think I would get the admission notice so soon. I guess they need money really bad,lol. Anyway I am going on Thursday Oct 30,3:00pm. How many go in at one session?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 PM

20 posts, read 28,346 times
Default Round 2 physical exam

hey, yea i didnt think i would get called for round 2 til sometime next year.

my test date is Oct 21

i have a question. For work shoes? they say sneakers are not permitted. Are boots permitted? do they have to be steel toe? and would a tshirt and sweat pants be good loose clothing?

and finally is there free parking avaliable there? or is there a parking garage there.

thank you

Old 09-25-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix881 View Post
hey, yea i didnt think i would get called for round 2 til sometime next year.

my test date is Oct 21

i have a question. For work shoes? they say sneakers are not permitted. Are boots permitted? do they have to be steel toe? and would a tshirt and sweat pants be good loose clothing?

and finally is there free parking avaliable there? or is there a parking garage there.

thank you
Looks like it runs from Oct14th-Nov 15th. I wonder what list # will round 2 go to. They will probably put it on the DSNY website later on.

I will let the 1st round guys answer your questions,actually this was discussed a bit early on this thread last year.

Street parking is hard around there,I remember one guy got towed,he was parked on Skillman Ave. They have muni-meters on Queens Blvd under the 7 train,but I am not sure how long you can park there,they have time limits of course. Mass transit is the way to go. 7 train stops on 33rd St. Q32,Q60 buses stop right there as well.

I live about a 30-40 minute walk from where the physical is going to be but since we have to wear work shoes forget about it,will take the bus most likely.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:06 PM

20 posts, read 28,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Looks like it runs from Oct14th-Nov 15th. I wonder what list # will round 2 go to. They will probably put it on the DSNY website later on.

I will let the 1st round guys answer your questions,actually this was discussed a bit early on this thread last year.

Street parking is hard around there,I remember one guy got towed,he was parked on Skillman Ave. They have muni-meters on Queens Blvd under the 7 train,but I am not sure how long you can park there,they have time limits of course. Mass transit is the way to go. 7 train stops on 33rd St. Q32,Q60 buses stop right there as well.

I live about a 30-40 minute walk from where the physical is going to be but since we have to wear work shoes forget about it,will take the bus most likely.

wow thank you, i think i will take the train now // my list number is 4581.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix881 View Post
wow thank you, i think i will take the train now // my list number is 4581.
You just missed round 1 by one wrong answer. I am 5650. Hope this link helps.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa..._test_info.pdf

Old 09-25-2008, 01:22 PM

364 posts, read 739,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Cleaning and collection is one in the same department. It is managed by a chief that is in charge of both. Who then delegates to lower level abs and so on. Retirement or attrtion has nothing to do with sanman you cannot predict haow many men are going to retire for a budget. They have to show definate cuts ie (things that can be shown) First things to go are ot baskets and sunday baskets. Believe me I have been through this before. Have you? Plus maybe if they layoff 800 you can have the summer off
My ability to tell the future is scary. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City