Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 03:46 PM

51 posts, read 97,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
Um... ok. So whenever my bosses or my supervisor or any other person I know tells me "we" are over head count. I am going to tell them what you said. Cause we dont work for Sanitation, nah we are just some different agency like DCAS.
This is where intelligence kicks in, Obviously when I write "we" I speak in the sense of "we" as Sanitation Employees. Not "we" as Sanitation Workers. Teachers of the classroom?? Hey I dont go around here telling you guys whether to run and dump or how to run your jobs, thats none of my business. I even get upset when people that haven't been on the job start commenting on the job of others. All I comment on is on HR issues really and ASK QUESTION to guys on the job about the job.
Unforunately you can't put things together. Hell you can't even get the point of the post I posted. No, You rather pick a lil thing out of my post to fight over like a lil child "omg he said WE!!!omgomgomg how dare that non sanitation worker said "we", I am going to have a knee jerk reaction right now and go tell him that he can't tell us anything at all! Even if he works in a place that has the answers we are looking for, how dare HE!!".

Please spare me. I am trying to help some of the guys out here, not be a teacher or a leader. I can relate to some of these guys because it sucks just waiting and waiting and I know I can't speed up the process but if i can answer a question or 2 for them perhaps then I can ease them just a lil bit, not having them in the dark without answers or anything. Thats my job here and honestly I can't wait for the day when I can say where there is another class (granted if i am allowed to say it here). If you have a issue with it then I am sure there is a option in your setting to block my messages if you find them too offending or disrespectful for you.

I am sorry if I sound like a a-hole right now but you just got me upset. There is no reason for you to come at me like a jerk.
Epyon, well said, what a joke...."we", "you", "us", "them"...keep posting the info that you have access to, I am sure you are giving the guys waiting some hope.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 PM

5 posts, read 8,881 times
alright boys transfers are open, whats your plans? Grapes you stayin out in queens? Does anyone have contact with Incarno....?

Old 10-11-2008, 08:30 AM

71 posts, read 131,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
I was at FBF this week and i was told April, but its a ways away, so who knows.
Funny, I was there this week also but heard they scrapped the April class and the next one will be in June. Guess we'll see what happens when it happens.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:45 AM

71 posts, read 131,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
lol...let us know when one of the "new hires" from the 2 classes quits or gets fired.....so us higher list numbers can celebrate,LOL. Everybody is angry and we all have a right to be.
Way to support your fellow list-mates. Why the f--k are you angry at us for, because we got a higher score than you? Make sure the cork doesn't hit you when you pop open the bottle of champagne to celebrate.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:36 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestie77 View Post
Way to support your fellow list-mates. Why the f--k are you angry at us for, because we got a higher score than you? Make sure the cork doesn't hit you when you pop open the bottle of champagne to celebrate.
Listen,we can get you fired like this(snaps fingers),we can get you arrested like this(snaps fingers). Be a good little PROBIE ok?...tread water,tread water. We all can agree that there are certain people in the 1st and 2nd classes that don't deserve to be hired...only time will tell though.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:39 PM

88 posts, read 197,119 times
What ever happened to the 'civil' in civil servant?

Let's all just relax guys there's no need for this.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,515 times
Default Hey all

Hi All just joined after finding this forum. My number is 59## and I just got called for the physical agility test. Is there anything special I should know in advance. Thanks in advance.

Rich

Old 10-11-2008, 04:27 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
Wpw funny stuff today awhile reading the board.

2 years? Man I know we are over head count right now but if we didn't hire for 2 years we would be under head count big time. 2 years is a little too much. I can tell you there will be a class next year. Whether it is early or later in the year i dont know. Truth is no one knows.
I dont care who your sourse are I probably would find out before them, I have heard some thing already but i can't say but even that is speculation at this point( i probably spelled that word wrong ), thou it probably based on information they have now
Not even Commish knows. Before anyone knows, whether that be union or FBF or whatever, the people that would know are the people that work in 125 Worth(headquarters) and 2nd is 346 Broadway (HR).

Right now Spring is still an hopeful target. And even if it wasn't the lastest has to be fall of 09.

Anything can happen. 100 of the 200 newly appointed San. Wkr might quit or get fired because they couldn't adjust well to the job. People retire and quit all the time. They die too.
Why should they hire more men where the current guys on the job are willing to work twice as hard and do more work. You arent on the job yet and dont know how stupid and selfish some of the men are. They run like madmen just to finish early. They dont care if their actions causes trucks to be cut and relays not to exist. I know that in many districts including mine they are cutting trucks. Our manpower will decrease over the years and they wont need to replace them.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:08 PM

335 posts, read 747,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Why should they hire more men where the current guys on the job are willing to work twice as hard and do more work. You arent on the job yet and dont know how stupid and selfish some of the men are. They run like madmen just to finish early. They dont care if their actions causes trucks to be cut and relays not to exist. I know that in many districts including mine they are cutting trucks. Our manpower will decrease over the years and they wont need to replace them.
That may be true and probably is since you work there and you see it first hand but the only thing that will mean is that it wont go thru the list as quickly as usual nor will it go as high as it did last time around. oh well just mean everyone that takes the test next time has to score better to get a very low number to get on.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:59 PM

57 posts, read 158,040 times
Epyon, do you work for DCAS or directly for Sanitation? How are the benefits & salary in your type of job? How does one go about getting an office position like that?

Are those types of jobs by exams as well? I might like workin' for the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City