U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 12:16 PM

6 posts, read 10,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
For anyone that was around the last time there were layoffs. When th eguys got hired back, did they get assigned to their old garages?
As I recall it was just before Christmas 5 years ago that the bulk of those laid off were hired back. They did return to their old garages. Keep in mind layoffs can occur at ANYTIME without much warning. Also it is possible for management to detach sanworkers(supervisors too). Bottom line is there are too many sanworkers on active duty. Sorry to say layoffs look inevitable.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM

156 posts, read 321,966 times
(repost so it doesn't get lost on the bottom of the last page)

has anyone spoken to the union or any of their own shop stewards about possible layoffs that are supposedly only about 2-3 weeks away? that guy who posted the 700 layoffs in mid-January rumor said he got his info straight from a steward

edit: I also found out from someone who went to PMD recently (and spoke to someone that would know) that they CAN layoff during Night Plow, they don't have to wait...just a heads up for everyone

Old 12-29-2008, 01:45 PM

241 posts, read 491,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic View Post
(repost so it doesn't get lost on the bottom of the last page)

has anyone spoken to the union or any of their own shop stewards about possible layoffs that are supposedly only about 2-3 weeks away? that guy who posted the 700 layoffs in mid-January rumor said he got his info straight from a steward

edit: I also found out from someone who went to PMD recently (and spoke to someone that would know) that they CAN layoff during Night Plow, they don't have to wait...just a heads up for everyone
Yes they can layoff during nite plow but they wait until it's over because if a major storm comes through they like to have as many people possable for the snow.As for layoffs being 2-3weeks away you would hear alot more in your garages from union reps then just here on this board.Our union rep has said nothing as of late .

Old 12-29-2008, 04:19 PM

335 posts, read 641,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
When u get up to my name, skip me. Don't forget that long ride I gave u on family day!

You should of given me an ride back to the gate I had to walk all the way back then we could have a deal lol

It is funny out of all the folders I tend to notice yours the most because your name is the as your user name here. Not that I deal with your folder but if I am filling other folders I run into some people that I know.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:50 PM

876 posts, read 1,795,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
You should of given me an ride back to the gate I had to walk all the way back then we could have a deal lol

It is funny out of all the folders I tend to notice yours the most because your name is the as your user name here. Not that I deal with your folder but if I am filling other folders I run into some people that I know.
I would like to know that when it comes for your preemployment in sanitation are you allowed to deal with your own folder?

Old 12-30-2008, 12:45 AM

364 posts, read 621,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxguy View Post
Hey, Turkey. How do you think all of this will effect the supervisor promotions? Do you think we still have a shot if they do lay off? Whats your take on it?

Thanks.
I still think there is a chance for a small summer class

Old 12-30-2008, 02:47 PM

30 posts, read 47,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
Yes do not buy the dark green Dickies The Dickies Im talking about are the lite green work pants which are legit the dark ones are no good.I also wear red naps which are just as comfortable as Dickies .Dickies and Red Naps have a Eye hook instead of the buttom which will just pop off in time.

Hello thanks so much.. do you have a link of where to buy these pants.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:50 PM

30 posts, read 47,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianoSanMan View Post
Hello thanks so much.. do you have a link of where to buy these pants.
hey i finaly found them

here is a link if anyone else would like them

Dickies® - *SALE* 85283 DOUBLE KNEE WORK PANT

the right color is hunter green

Old 12-30-2008, 04:46 PM

335 posts, read 641,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I would like to know that when it comes for your preemployment in sanitation are you allowed to deal with your own folder?
If you mean "deal" like make it i guess probably not lol but who knows... if i can i would love to make my own folder as my last task before I become Uniform. I already have one. But it is an Civilian folder. Different colors set them apart from Civilian and Uniform. It will be so cool if i can do that as my last task. After the last 4 years doing folders for so many other guys and typing up stuff and etc,etc and finally at last having to add my name to the Uniform side of the records .

Last edited by Epyon7280; 12-30-2008 at 04:55 PM..

Old 12-30-2008, 05:46 PM

241 posts, read 491,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianoSanMan View Post
hey i finaly found them

here is a link if anyone else would like them

Dickies® - *SALE* 85283 DOUBLE KNEE WORK PANT

the right color is hunter green
The double knee one's are not the right ones the code for the Dickes you are looking for is 874 LN .For some reason that Dickie web site never had them I don't know why but I've looked there before .You should just call up Varsity in the Bronx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City