U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 972,528 times
Reputation: 51

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
my last four checks including this week base salary---626.78---638.41---648.37---648.37....so i guess our checks will be 648.37 till one year in july....

im not stressing the numbers anymore...its a lot better than 597.97!

 
Old 02-04-2009, 06:56 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 972,528 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charge View Post
I only hope that if we do get hired in the summer I'll be able to get all the time off I need, a week in august and my honeymoon and wedding for a week and a half in october
sorry pal, none of us hired in 08 got any time off for 2008. Vacation picks only occur during january. The good news is that if u get hired in july u will get 16 days vacation available when u pick in january of the next year... which is actually more because vacation weeks are in 5 day batches. Your chart is automatically moved to saturday and u get sunday off so u are actually off 7 days but charged 5 days. So we would have 22 days off but charged 16 days.

however, if you have something like a planned vacation or a wedding/honeymoon....they will let u take off...u will be XWOP...excused without pay...heck one of the guys in our july class had his wedding/honeymoon during OJT!
 
Old 02-04-2009, 06:59 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 972,528 times
Reputation: 51
i dont remember if this was mentioned...but direct deposit finally started on my last paycheck...last week my funds were in my bank on friday...
 
Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 PM
 
17 posts, read 21,793 times
Reputation: 10
hey everyone... my number is in the low 300's. i missed the first class because i moved and didnt put my address change in quick enough, so i didnt get the letter... it arrived at my old address just after i left. i missed it by a day or two. and i missed the second class because after i didnt show up to the first class my number was frozen and i didnt realize it until after i heard that the second class already went in. i unfroze my number and they have my updated address now so im just waiting for the next class. but it sucks knowing i could have been otj if i had just moved a few days later and got the letter for the first class, or if i had known my number was frozen for the second class and fixed it
 
Old 02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
 
372 posts, read 570,839 times
Reputation: 35
hey pal you will be in the next class but honestly it doesnt look like a new class is anywhere in sight...and if layoffs it could be a very long time...
 
Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 PM
 
17 posts, read 21,793 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
hey pal you will be in the next class but honestly it doesnt look like a new class is anywhere in sight...and if layoffs it could be a very long time...

yea i know... its killing me man, knowing i missed the job by a matter of days and now i gotta wait who knows how long til the next class. im just praying the list wont expire before they hire more people
 
Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 PM
 
334 posts, read 514,038 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGuy View Post
hey everyone... my number is in the low 300's. i missed the first class because i moved and didnt put my address change in quick enough, so i didnt get the letter... it arrived at my old address just after i left. i missed it by a day or two. and i missed the second class because after i didnt show up to the first class my number was frozen and i didnt realize it until after i heard that the second class already went in. i unfroze my number and they have my updated address now so im just waiting for the next class. but it sucks knowing i could have been otj if i had just moved a few days later and got the letter for the first class, or if i had known my number was frozen for the second class and fixed it

You sound familar to a guy I spoke to a month or 2 ago. I wonder if your the same guy you spoke to when you called regarding your issue.
 
Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
 
17 posts, read 21,793 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
You sound familar to a guy I spoke to a month or 2 ago. I wonder if your the same guy you spoke to when you called regarding your issue.

yea i might be. ive called a few times over the past few months just to ask questions and make sure everything is good so when the next class is called ill be in it. i remember talkin to someone who worked in the office and told me he took the test too and was waiting for them to reach his list number
 
Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
 
241 posts, read 373,241 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
sorry pal, none of us hired in 08 got any time off for 2008. Vacation picks only occur during january. The good news is that if u get hired in july u will get 16 days vacation available when u pick in january of the next year... which is actually more because vacation weeks are in 5 day batches. Your chart is automatically moved to saturday and u get sunday off so u are actually off 7 days but charged 5 days. So we would have 22 days off but charged 16 days.

however, if you have something like a planned vacation or a wedding/honeymoon....they will let u take off...u will be XWOP...excused without pay...heck one of the guys in our july class had his wedding/honeymoon during OJT!
Your chart is not moved to Sat .Your chart day stays the same day it was going to be.
 
Old 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
 
334 posts, read 514,038 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGuy View Post
yea i might be. ive called a few times over the past few months just to ask questions and make sure everything is good so when the next class is called ill be in it. i remember talkin to someone who worked in the office and told me he took the test too and was waiting for them to reach his list number

Thats me :P hahaha. Sigh I wish we could be hired man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top