Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM

48 posts, read 100,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
The only reason i ask iis because i never been pulled over, or in an accident in the years i've been driving / never been arrested . So i was just wondering if i needed to get one !?
Pipez, I just ordered it(Drivers abstract) on-line at the DMV web site. It was only $ 10.00, so I figured it would clear things up, and hopefully have all the information on it that the DOS needs, so that nothing gets delayed.

The site says that it takes about 14 days to receive it in the mail, but it should come sooner. I was at the Social Security office today on Jamaica Ave. to order a replacement social security card, and the application says that it takes 10-14 days to receive it by mail, but the women at the counter said I should have it by next Friday.

You should have it in time if you order it now....

Old 03-28-2008, 09:20 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
The only reason i ask iis because i never been pulled over, or in an accident in the years i've been driving / never been arrested . So i was just wondering if i needed to get one !?
do you really need to be asking then? come on....

Old 03-28-2008, 10:11 PM

25 posts, read 61,927 times
Hey whatsup guys... wish i knew about this site months ago. i'm sure i couldve gotten alot of questions answered through here a long time ago... for those of you who know, a reply would be greatly appreciated but first a lil background on me... i took the test back in 03 n missed the physical due to our "reliable" postal service.. anyway i took test 6063 and the physical n im in the low 200's. got my letter for pre-employment... anyone know exactly what this consists of?? medicals, drug tests, etc.? or is it just a bunch of paper work? just trying to figure out what to expect...

FOR THOSE GUYS ALREADY OTJ... im sure u all have different opinions about different garages, districts, bases (whatever their referred to as) but r there any areas of the city that r more preffered than others? is garbage heavier n smellier in some parts than others? lol.. but seriously where n what do u guys preffer to work?... just wondering.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie0021 View Post
Pipez, I just ordered it(Drivers abstract) on-line at the DMV web site. It was only $ 10.00, so I figured it would clear things up, and hopefully have all the information on it that the DOS needs, so that nothing gets delayed.

The site says that it takes about 14 days to receive it in the mail, but it should come sooner. I was at the Social Security office today on Jamaica Ave. to order a replacement social security card, and the application says that it takes 10-14 days to receive it by mail, but the women at the counter said I should have it by next Friday.

You should have it in time if you order it now....
I ordered it today too...I hope I get it by the 9th. I am also going to try the TVB at dmv like someone on here said...Just to get the info on when and what....

Old 03-29-2008, 07:42 AM

54 posts, read 109,993 times
also bring dispositions if you were arrested or convicted of any crime.I'm glad that I brought mine that day or else they would have given me another date to come back with them

Old 03-29-2008, 09:51 AM

300 posts, read 659,256 times
Please anyone that gets the Papers in the mail Post a comment and let us know what they're up to !!!!

Goodluck all ...!

Old 03-29-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenseastsanman View Post
also bring dispositions if you were arrested or convicted of any crime.I'm glad that I brought mine that day or else they would have given me another date to come back with them
Do you need to bring a disposition if you where arrested and never convicted, or only if you where convicted ?

If you need one even though you where never convicted, how and where do you get it ?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:22 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,130 times
Quote:
Do you need to bring a disposition if you where arrested and never convicted, or only if you where convicted ?

If you need one even though you where never convicted, how and where do you get it ?
go to criminal court. On staten island its on targee st.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
go to criminal court. On staten island its on targee st.
Thanks for the info., but don't I have to get the disposition from the borough that I was arrested in ? Or does it not matter ?

Old 03-29-2008, 01:35 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,955 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info., but don't I have to get the disposition from the borough that I was arrested in ? Or does it not matter ?
Just go to the precint you were arrested at....They should have a record of it....But I really don't think it matters...The question only asks if you've ever been convicted of a crime, not arrested....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City