Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 05:43 PM

364 posts, read 737,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
Just curious, why not? Some people I know said they expect 831 to "whin and moan " like any other union other there when they feel they are being left out or should be paid more.
That has never been the unions policy, they do not do what other unions do. They bide their time and sit down when asked. The ball is in the unions court now. Maybe they will break from tradition and ask to reopen the contracts who knows.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:02 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,041,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
You heard wrong. It is not true. It actually goes by the last 5 digits of your social not the last 4.
Thanks for correcting me TheKuai,I should have backtracked to the first few pages of this thread to make sure.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:16 PM

246 posts, read 591,694 times
Quote:
Just curious, why not? Some people I know said they expect 831 to "whin and moan " like any other union other there when they feel they are being left out or should be paid more.
First off now is not the time to renegotiate the city is cutting basket trucks,leaf sundays as well as other things if you go back to the table now the city might say ok you can have this much but we want some heads on the chopping block (LAYOFFS).Plus by us not going back to the table and honoring our contract it looks good when we do sit down at the end of this contract.Trust me We don't whine and moan like other unions do our time will come soon enough

Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 PM

335 posts, read 746,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
First off now is not the time to renegotiate the city is cutting basket trucks,leaf sundays as well as other things if you go back to the table now the city might say ok you can have this much but we want some heads on the chopping block (LAYOFFS).Plus by us not going back to the table and honoring our contract it looks good when we do sit down at the end of this contract.Trust me We don't whine and moan like other unions do our time will come soon enough
wow i guess I am suprised that there is actually an Union that doesn't moan and complain. Thats pretty cool. I like that.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:47 PM

148 posts, read 267,962 times
Quote:
Yeah, Sanitation Worker's contract is loaded with Incentives. I have an sheet in my office that shows the break down of the Incentives and how much each gets for doing it.

I am not even an Sanitation Worker yet but I deal with them alot and they get paid well. Esp when snow comes.

Its true what Kuai said about there is a clause in our contract that if other uniformed city agencies get a significant raise that we can open up the bargaining tables. I was told that on friday.
is it possible if you can post that sheet?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:27 PM

335 posts, read 746,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwolf View Post
is it possible if you can post that sheet?
i'll see. I have no problem showing it but i dont know if its confidental. To me it isn't anything serious but i dont make the rules.

Its just a piece of paper that tells you what you can get for doing certain tasks. Hopefully it isn't anything serious.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:05 AM

191 posts, read 872,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYTYSON23 View Post
I wonder if some sanitation workers will be switching over to work for nypd since the money is better now?
They wont lose any of their years since its one of the city agencys... Maybe this will open up some spots for a new class
i think nypd will become an option again for guys taking city tests.the old starting salary was a joke for someone risking their lives.now a guy will take the dsny,fdny,nypd tests and could take nypd because of the new pay while before it wasnt worth it.its a quicker path than dsny and hope the dsny list has many converts haha

Old 08-25-2008, 09:36 AM

300 posts, read 658,039 times
Two things i have to say ...It's about time for the NYPD. You will see alot of people that took this test take the NYPD path now because of the salary increase , it always happened and it will again .

Secondly , about the contract.. When Harry N. came to our class 2 weeks ago he told us then before this contract happened that they were going to re-open the contract negotiations and try to get as much as they can with NO give backs... Hopefully we hear something soon...

enjoy your day ....

Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 AM

86 posts, read 155,003 times
whats the pay scale at toh LI446

Old 08-25-2008, 02:23 PM

35 posts, read 65,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
oh and when you guys finally get your wish and it does snow. You will be the same guys after 10 straight days of working 7pm to 7am, and you finally think your going to get to go home at 3am they force you for the next 4 days to work the ot even if you dont want it. Watch it will happen, and all the senior guys who stay out and do not dump during snow collection will go home and make you new guys do the relays on forced overtime. No matter what you say that you want the ot now 98% will not want it at 3am in the morning
couldnt agree more ...and just to add another thing.....when they make you work those 4 extra hours ot in the snow when there isnt even anymore snow to plow or shovel....just driving in circles for 12 hours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City