Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:33 AM

30 posts, read 45,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPersonInNY View Post
I'm a native NY woman, born and raised in the Bronx, and I actually agree with most of the responses on this thread. Many of the same complaints the men have about the women are the same reason I have no friends these days. I no longer have the patience to listen to some girlfriend crying in her wine about her child's deadbeat father, all while having this ridiculous shopping list requirement for any other potential dates. I was once friends with a single mother who required that anyone she dated not have any children of their own. She also dumped this really great guy because he lived with his mother...who he was taking care of because she had cancer and was in a wheelchair. Sadly, there are many women like that in NYC. Like I said before, this is why I have no friends.

I feel that as a 31 year old, child-free woman with a master's degree, I am anomaly in this city. I am also Italian-American, but am not a guidette. I was actually asked by some dumb guido whether I had been to finishing school because my NY accent is very slight. And NYC guidettes...don't even get me started on them. Although they tend to wait until marriage to have kids, they are all mostly gold diggers who require their man to have a six-figure income so that they can quit their jobs as soon as the pregnancy test shows a + sign.

However, what I don't agree with is the assumption that all NY women are shallow and materialistic. I will date short men and poor men, as long as you are a nice person and have some kind of job. I am currently working in a restaurant (blasted economy), so that would be pretty nervy on my part to expect a hedge fund manager. But again, that is what some women in NY feel entitled to, even if they have nothing to offer themselves.

Believe me, I feel bad for some of you guys. It's rough out there.
Check out "Women seeking men" on the NYC Craigslist. Plenty of single moms who want their Prince Charming (unmarried, no kids, no baggage, and rich) to take them away.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:09 AM

458 posts, read 644,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
transplant women have more full and firm tiddays. native women have softer tiddays
LOL
We've got tiddays!

Old 03-02-2014, 05:43 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahay View Post
Check out "Women seeking men" on the NYC Craigslist. Plenty of single moms who want their Prince Charming (unmarried, no kids, no baggage, and rich) to take them away.

I laugh at women seeking men on craigslist NYC, especially at the bbw women looking for good looking and physically fit guys and to a certain occasion signle black women looking for a white guy. Do these women know all they are going to be is another piece of meat to guys that they find physically attractive. Even more funny is black women looking for white men on NYC women seeking men craigslists.

Quote:
I'm a native NY woman, born and raised in the Bronx, and I actually agree with most of the responses on this thread. Many of the same complaints the men have about the women are the same reason I have no friends these days. I no longer have the patience to listen to some girlfriend crying in her wine about her child's deadbeat father, all while having this ridiculous shopping list requirement for any other potential dates. I was once friends with a single mother who required that anyone she dated not have any children of their own. She also dumped this really great guy because he lived with his mother...who he was taking care of because she had cancer and was in a wheelchair. Sadly, there are many women like that in NYC. Like I said before, this is why I have no friends.

I feel that as a 31 year old, child-free woman with a master's degree, I am anomaly in this city. I am also Italian-American, but am not a guidette. I was actually asked by some dumb guido whether I had been to finishing school because my NY accent is very slight. And NYC guidettes...don't even get me started on them. Although they tend to wait until marriage to have kids, they are all mostly gold diggers who require their man to have a six-figure income so that they can quit their jobs as soon as the pregnancy test shows a + sign.

However, what I don't agree with is the assumption that all NY women are shallow and materialistic. I will date short men and poor men, as long as you are a nice person and have some kind of job. I am currently working in a restaurant (blasted economy), so that would be pretty nervy on my part to expect a hedge fund manager. But again, that is what some women in NY feel entitled to, even if they have nothing to offer themselves.

Believe me, I feel bad for some of you guys. It's rough out there.

It is tough as well It is sad too. I know of a woman she is near 200 pounds, but she did not want to give an average joe type of guy a chance. Her friends begged her to date this one particular average guy who is really great guy, she did not want to because she did not find him physically attractive. Her friends begged her to date this average guy and she finally gave in. Now they are slated to get married. I think if she went for a guy that she found that was physically attractive a good chance she would not gotten married and would have just been a typical NYC single mom like most women here. The guy is even really great with her kid too. As for NYC women being materialistic, I can leave that for Manhttan. But in the outer boroughs to a certain degree you are right. To be honest I find women who are insecure about her physique and looks to be shallow at times. Note, most women in NYC are not that pretty. NYC women are not that materialstic at all. For one NYC has a high rate of female bodies which make up a huge chunk of the labor market and workforce here. Most women here do not need a man to support them.

Last NYC did not make the list of cities to find a relationship, in some cases NYC came dead last along with SF for finding a longterm mate. Big cities are great for being single, but if your looking to settle down a visit to sprawlish, laid back areas that is outdoorsy is where its at.

Study: Best Cities to Find Love - CreditDonkey

The 50 Best Cities to Find Love (San Francisco and NYC Aren't Near the Top) - PolicyMic

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-02-2014 at 05:52 AM..

Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Lots of NY ladies have a bad attitude because, truth be told, so many native New York guys are such total losers. I look around at the guys here and they're not exactly guys who'd make a woman swoon. Too many are lazy, sleazy, uneducated, unsophisticated, broke, and just plain common. If our women have a bad attitude, our guys have done a lot to help them get that way. It's a generalization to be sure. But there's some truth to it IMO.
This is so true...I tried to rep it twice!!!

Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Lots of NY ladies have a bad attitude because, truth be told, so many native New York guys are such total losers. I look around at the guys here and they're not exactly guys who'd make a woman swoon. Too many are lazy, sleazy, uneducated, unsophisticated, broke, and just plain common. If our women have a bad attitude, our guys have done a lot to help them get that way. It's a generalization to be sure. But there's some truth to it IMO.
YET you ladies are still sleeping with them.

Only have yourselves to blame.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
YET you ladies are still sleeping with them.

Only have yourselves to blame.
Thats true. I tried to rep you twice.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:48 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Hmmm, let's see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It really is a tough call. But from my observation Transplant MEN are way better than native NYC MEN. Transplant MEN are much more easy going and much more laidback since many of the Transplant MEN come from laidback enviornments. Also Transplant MEN are very well versed and can talk about any topic instead of your latest SPORTS GARBAGE TV show NYC MEN watch.

Also, Transplant MENare career and educated minded individuals. The only upside of dating a Transplant MANis that it purely breaks down into economics. Plenty of Transplant MEN are in debt from college which can be an issue, also many are looking for their big break in the dating world and in career world which these days is quickly becoming unrealistic. Transplant MENcan become jaded by living in NYC.

Native MEN on the other hand is a different animal. One must be thick skinned to date a native MAN, whether if HE is Italian, black, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Jamaican, Polish, Russian, Mexican descent. These MEN are not easy to date and much of it is caused by upbringing such as environment and family. Most NYC MEN come from single mother homes and never a home with a father, so these MEN see their moms wear pants. Plenty of NYC MEN have father AND MOTHER issues, now I wonder why so many native NYC MEN are way to assertive and opinionated. Nothing wrong with that but MEN in NYC tend to wear the pants AND SKIRTS at times. Another thing is that NYC MEN are very stuckup and shallow, again much of that happens because of the density that is NYC. If NYC was sprawlish like LA, NYC MEN would be more laidback, since it is dense and tense MEN give off a HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE.

Shallowness, one must be very goodlooking or attractive to be with a NYC MAN. Most NYC MEN would admit it too, is that they need a WOMAN that is physically attractive, and many can not connect with a WOMAN based off emotions, or even economics, this is a fast paced city, no one really takes the time to get to know one another.

One last thing is baggage. Most NYC MEN by 23 are already a FATHER and that is something that a single childless NYC WOMAN may have to deal with, especially in and out baby mama father drama. The only benefit of NYC MEN is that they are a bit raunchy, and also are down to earth. HE will let you know off the back that HEdoes not like you or find you attractive and not toy with your heart!

At the end of the day Transplant MEN are better in every regard and aspect!

Now see how easy that was to flip the script and generalize an entire gender based on interactions with a few?

Old 03-02-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Note, most MEN in NYC are not that handsome.
Again, the same could be said for most of the MEN living in NYC today. They're not attractive either. It wasn't always this way. Used to be good looking guys a mile long, but now they look worse for wear and have no clue where a GYM is or what it's supposed to do.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Agreed. Native NY MEN are nasty and have bad attitudes. Almost all of them are really ghetto and loud too.

Lumping everyone in a bag from the experiences of dealing with a few is sad.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I'm cracking up at your post! LOL! You and I are kind of similar in a way. I'm a few years older than you, black and have no children nor any desire for any. Children aren't a joke. These are new lives you're bringing into this world and if you can't give them a fighting chance at a decent life, then you shouldn't have them. I know too many women with kids and all they do is complain about them. Some were the same ones that called me "selfish" way back when, because I didn't want any. Now look at them. Complaining about how Johnny and Emily don't listen to them or do their own thing. It kills me how all of them forget that they were once teenagers too. Your children wouldn't lie to you, if you had maintained OPEN COMMUNICATION and demanded respect from the time they were small.

Looking at the way this economy is NOW, I am even more happy with MY choice. Imagine getting laid off from your job and having to worry about feeding your kids with the way the government currently treats low income people today?? Ugh!! *shivers at the thought*

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City