Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 12:11 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
And as much as I love NYC the only cities that have my attention are San Diego and San Fran. L.A looks overrated as much ppl claim NYC to be.

San Diego looks like the better best kept secret on the west.
You will probably like LA better....if nightlife is important to you. San Diego can be a little sleepy.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:13 PM

277 posts, read 401,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBucks View Post
NYC is still a vibrant, world class city, despite its problems. I don't think the "we're the greatest so everyone can get lost and stop complaining about the dirt/smell/infrastructure" attitude is helpful though. Some humility would allow it to accommodate lessons from other cities around the world.
Lessons? Such as ... ?

Old 03-16-2014, 12:13 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacxxx View Post
I get the feeling LA is not as amazing as its reputation (aka overrated), but beaches and sunshine make up for a LOT in my book. I would def visit before deciding on moving. If LA doesn't work out, I'm totally fine being a Florida girl 4 life.

But yeah I've heard many good things about San Fran and San Diego. Is love to visit at some point
I wouldn't mind buying a condo in south beach or San Diego and going there for the winters or just having a second home there period. I guess the only thing that would make me become bored of San Fran quickly is how small it is as a city.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
You will probably like LA better....if nightlife is important to you. San Diego can be a little sleepy.
You're right who knows maybe ill like L.A better but I guess San Diego is better at showing off the images of it's city.

But I really would love to visit rodeo drive or w.e you call it. It's looks like 5th Ave on the beach.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:19 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
You're right who knows maybe ill like L.A better but I guess San Diego is better at showing off the images of it's city.

But I really would love to visit rodeo drive or w.e you call it. It's looks like 5th Ave on the beach.
Yep....LA is so huge with so many different types of places....I am planning a trip to Santa Monica this summer...check out the LA forums and look through the pics at the top....I think you will be impressed

Old 03-16-2014, 12:22 PM

52 posts, read 64,262 times
Quote:

I've been to rodeo drive once. It was soo pretty and fancy. This was like when i was 15 but I used the bathroom in the chanel store and it had little mini perfumes and chanel soaps. So cute

Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I've been to rodeo drive once. It was soo pretty and fancy. This was like when i was 15 but I used the bathroom in the chanel store and it had little mini perfumes and chanel soaps. So cute
Yea I use to work in all three channel stores in NYC. Soho, 57th street and the the boutique on Madison and 67th.

They had a dress that cost 55,000 dollars in the soho store which was stolen by a Venezuelan tourist.

I just hoped the cops didn't take this crime seriously because no dress should cost the same price as a BMW.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:

Sorry to disappoint you but rodeo drive is actually far from the beach.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:28 PM

343 posts, read 1,092,500 times
Quote:
My parents live here, and I have no money, so I can't leave until I save and build my résumé in the meanwhile. But since I am from here, no, I can't just leave. I don't know what I am looking for on a forum. I just wanted to vent. But sorry, can't leave just yet, as I pay 0 rent here
That's understandable, but IMO asking for ideas on how to move on would help you better than ranting abt NYC. Don't get me wrong it's your account and they're your fingers you can type what you want to..but I also saw you say your family is tired of hearing you complain, maybe stop complaining & take some action..or even get out & enjoy your time left in the city before you depart. The city is only gray on gray days, as is the rest of planet earth. I posted a lovely picture of the city up by Columbia on this thread and the colors are far from gray.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but rodeo drive is actually far from the beach.
Never said it was on the beach smh. I was being sarcastic towards the palm trees and sunny weather. Compared to 5th ave in NYC it looks like a 5th Ave on the beach. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City