Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 07:48 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacxxx View Post
I spent some time in Astoria and just remember it being really barren and industrial, but the houses were these kinda cute. I do like the residential feel within a city (kinda like where I grew up in the heights). I know there's a lot of good food out there.

I apologize but yeah I do not like the Bronx at all except for going to the stadium. Super depressing. I had a friend in Miami from the Bronx that said he would never move back because it was "oppressive" for a higher cost of living.
Yea the Bronx is just wow. I was in east tremont btw. Party hosting is cool I wonder if it's tiring. I would guess your attractive to do that. Also since you're from Washington heights id like to say the part that sits by south of the GW bridge by the park is nice looking parts of the heights. I wouldn't mind driving there and chilling at the park.

Do you like la marina?

Old 03-15-2014, 07:54 PM

52 posts, read 64,284 times
Hostessing is kinda awesome but mindless. I was bored but making decent money.

I grew up right by ft tryon park. It was like having a huge backyard. No trash on the streets or all this nastiness.

LOL no I've never been to la marina but heard so much about it. Heard its a pretty ghetto scene but I still will check it out once its nice out. Have you been?

Old 03-15-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Hostessing is kinda awesome but mindless. I was bored but making decent money.

I grew up right by ft tryon park. It was like having a huge backyard. No trash on the streets or all this nastiness.

LOL no I've never been to la marina but heard so much about it. Heard its a pretty ghetto scene but I still will check it out once its nice out. Have you been?
I was suppose to take my cousin there for her birthday last summer. Yea it's ghetto when they have flyer events, but ok a regular night it's nice. Sadly for me I went on the day of the Dominican day parade so the manitos were heavy there plus they had a flyer event so a lot of Brooklyn heads were there also. I will go this spring/summer. I don't like ghetto parties either but I still love my hip hop reggae Spanish clubs.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:12 PM

Ooh Dominican day parade always a rough day in the heights lol. But yeah that's another thing I've been wondering since I got back. Cool places to go out. By "cool" I mean inexpensive, people my age, and good music (I like mostly hip hop and sometimes top40)

Old 03-15-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Ooh Dominican day parade always a rough day in the heights lol. But yeah that's another thing I've been wondering since I got back. Cool places to go out. By "cool" I mean inexpensive, people my age, and good music (I like mostly hip hop and sometimes top40)
Go on 7days7nights.com they have 3 sub sites one for jersey, one for hip hop and reggae/kompa/soca in NYC and another one for Hispanic parties in both NYC and jersey.

There is another site but I forgot the name lol. I personally like the Taj club which is somewhere in lower midtown manhattan.

Are you Dominican?

Old 03-15-2014, 08:18 PM

If you also have a Instagram you should follow some people in the hip hop world so they can give you a clue of where the parties are at.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:22 PM

Ooh will check out that site.

Not Dominican! I get asked that anytime I tell anyone I'm from the heights lol.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Ooh will check out that site.

Not Dominican! I get asked that anytime I tell anyone I'm from the heights lol.
I could imagine lol. Send me a PM when you start checking those places out and let me know what you think.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:54 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
What exactly is the charm of nyc? It's nothing more than blocks of offices and people who are too lazy to drive live in over-priced tight quarters. If you live to work than this city is it there are people working feverishly around the clock 24/7 here.

I've paid my dues here, worked on Thanksgiving and on Xmas day when I was younger just to make the rich here even richer.

What's there to do here that you can't do anywhere else? Drinking? Partying?

This so called diversity is nothing more than people bumping into each other on their way to work and during work hours.

After work everybody retreat to their own segregated towns. Do Jews, Chinese, Indians, and Whites really live on the same block in NYC? Hardly.

The only reason I come to NYC is for a six figure salary that's attainable easier here than anywhere else. In other states like FL you have to have some serious connection to make a 6 figure salary.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:22 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

This so called diversity is nothing more than people bumping into each other on their way to work and during work hours.

After work everybody retreat to their own segregated towns. Do Jews, Chinese, Indians, and Whites really live on the same block in NYC? Hardly.

Couldn't have said it any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City