Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:24 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,348,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
They have not completely taken Bushwick. But the RE people know it will happen, and have bought everything available up.
True the dark side of bushwick is still real.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:50 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,556,059 times
Bushwick is like Bed Stuy. It's a fairly large and diverse area. It's definitely not a yuppie eclave at this point...mostly just decent working class people.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:12 AM

1,653 posts, read 2,295,741 times
Back in the 90's I worked for Airborne Express in Brooklyn. From 99-00 I worked the Greenpoint area. It was one of the better routes. Lot's of Polish people staggering around drunk by mid morning that kept to themselves. Even back than I could see the change coming. As far as changes go this one wasn't bad. New people, mostly young with career's moving in & bringing their money with them, opening new business & renovating existing properties. When I drive through there now I see what was once a nice area that has been made even better.

That being said I understand why some people who are lifers get annoyed with what they are seeing.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:03 AM

384 posts, read 510,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Mike View Post
My neighborhood of Greenpoint has been taken over by these artsy Midwestern types with their parent subsidized lifestyles. Shows like Girls have only accelerated this where over privileged Midwestern girls and guys on estrogen coming to the big bad city armed with their liberal arts degrees.
Quote:
Hell some Lena Dunham wannabe called the cops on me because my Mustang was too loud for her.
Quote:
They won't even buy Polish weed they go to Williamsburg for that because they are too scared of us.
Quote:
They are like Hitler and Putin nothing is good enough for them.
Quote:
amen brother. We are in the struggle against Middle America banality
Quote:
They are just wannabe repositories for black people in the midwest because god knows you don't want them in your mcmansions an in your megachurches.
I can't tell if this is satire.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:20 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,849,364 times
Quote:
So people should get over it when they are bullied out of their homes?
Weren't you claiming to be Irish and Italian last week under your last name? Why do you always change your ethnic group each time you get banned/kicked off?

Will you be a Hasidic Jew who got pushed out of his home due to gentrification next week?

Old 03-18-2014, 06:28 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,631,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Weren't you claiming to be Irish and Italian last week under your last name? Why do you always change your ethnic group each time you get banned/kicked off?
Wasn't there a psychological study released last week that showed online trolls were clinical sociopaths? As in serious mental instability. This guy's shtick is finding trending issues, writing up a long made up paragraph with every stereotype of the trend he can find, and then pushing some buttons to illicit responses.

After the responses stop the high goes away, and he just creates another username with a different stereotype and pushes more buttons.

You'd think all that time would be better spent trying to get a job and a girlfriend

Old 03-18-2014, 06:33 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,879,498 times
You are all more then welcome to move to Glendale. Hurry quick before the hipsters take over.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:36 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,879,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Will you be a Hasidic Jew who got pushed out of his home due to gentrification next week?
Next week he will be a hipster getting pushed out by other hipsters.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:42 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,260,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
You are all more then welcome to move to Glendale. Hurry quick before the hipsters take over.
You are starting to see more and more polish moving to lower Glendale. Hopefully this OP won't ever be one of them.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:48 AM

897 posts, read 1,247,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshoe View Post
I can't tell if this is satire.
It's a satire. the OP just doesn't realize it. He comes on every week under a different name. Probably got outpriced and outclassed by gentrifiers and couldn't keep up. Or he's just bat**** insane, it happens - it's NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City