Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:25 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
The general statement this end of the state for kids like this is " he was a good boy" -- implying never in trouble. Bottom line, kids who hang out with problem kids create problems.

Where was Bloomberg when you needed him? He should have definitely kept the pistol away... now that he isn't mayor, he has lots of time to ride the buses and subways and protect people, I'm sure!
NYPD never would have stopped this kid or his friends anyway, because they are REAL thugs.

Now, under "new management", NYPD will now target REAL CRIMINALS under S&F just like Bratton did when he was in LA. You don't waste manpower on bogus frisks just because the person is of a dark hue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 01:33 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
NYPD never would have stopped this kid or his friends anyway, because they are REAL thugs.
Kid was a very very very very dumb 14 year old. Hasn't lived long enough to be a real thug. Real thugs wouldn't open fire like that in public, and if they did they would of hit their target. It was a b/+ch move and he'll pay the price. I've seen cops stop and frisking kids like this in ENY before. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Wasn't the kid who shot someone at Byrant Park, skating rink also a "good kid".

I don't understand how do these guns just get into the hands of all these good kids...

Old 03-23-2014, 01:53 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Kid was a very very very very dumb 14 year old. Hasn't lived long enough to be a real thug. Real thugs wouldn't open fire like that in public, and if they did they would of hit their target. It was a b/+ch move and he'll pay the price. I've seen cops stop and frisking kids like this in ENY before. I don't think you know what you are talking about.
I didn't make this up. Dennis Hamil interviewed a cop that's a friend of his with 20 years on the force and he basically confirmed what everyone already knew.

Hamill: 28-year NYPD street cop quits over potential stop-frisk backlash - NY Daily News

Quote:
“It was bound to happen,” he said. “Brass overdid it big time. You can’t stop 900,000 people and pinch 6,000 guns and call it a success. As a rookie I had preconceptions that the projects were just all bad news. After a few months I realized that most of the residents are really good, decent people just trying to raise their kids. Most work. The projects are what they can afford. They hate the gangbangers more than us.”

He said that in 12 years under Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly, they escalated stop, question and frisk. “For every one, you gotta turn in a 250 form. My bosses wanted as many 250s as possible. I’d say, ‘Listen, wouldn’t you rather have 100 250s with 10 good collars or 500 with 10 pinches?’ They’d always want the 500.”

The problem, he says, is that the people he had to stop and frisk to meet the unwritten quotas were often good kids, students, not gangbangers.

“Kids of good people we relied on as our eyes and ears in the houses,” he said. “You toss their good kids enough times and they start seeing cops as the bad guys. We knew who most of the bad guys packing guns were. But we were told to go after everybody. They overdid it in a numbers chase and you could just feel the backlash coming. Especially for street cops like me. One bad moment and you could get jammed up in this climate.”.....

This wasn't news to anyone, except posters on CD.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:44 PM

7,357 posts, read 6,525,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Let's hope this is an anomaly, and not the result of the end of "stop and frisk."
I know, those pesky constitutional rights are always just getting in the way of things aren't they?

Old 03-23-2014, 05:04 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
First off, my heart goes out to the family of the innocent victim.

Second, I wonder if the incessant anti-gentrification posters/"lack of flavor"/"I wish NY was like the 1980s"/Guliani-Bloomberg haters will chime in.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:19 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times
This is so sad on many levels. Hard working family man just making a pit stop between his two jobs to see his wife and children shot dead because of some stupid nonsense.

Watch how the liberal/left will portray the young Black shooter as a *victim* of his urban environment and *inequality* for his poor decision making.

What sort of person pulls out a gun and opens fire on public transport? Then there is the question of what is a fourteen year old doing with a gun walking around the streets of NYC.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
I didn't make this up. Dennis Hamil interviewed a cop that's a friend of his with 20 years on the force and he basically confirmed what everyone already knew.

Hamill: 28-year NYPD street cop quits over potential stop-frisk backlash - NY Daily News

This wasn't news to anyone, except posters on CD.
How can you tell the difference if a kid is good or a psychopathic lunatic that's pulls a gun out and starts letting bullets fly for some idiotic reason? Did you see the pictures of the kid? You wouldn't be able to tell that he didn't have a care in the World for a human life by his appearance.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:52 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Then why do you keep responding to my posts?

I never seek you out and ignore everything YOU post. Why can't you do the same for me?
He is stalking you. He likes your big black booty

Old 03-23-2014, 07:17 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,967,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
He is stalking you. He likes your big black booty
makes sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City