Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1234 View Post
Doubtful, but this isn't near Williamsburg is it? A couple of weeks ago I was walking down a block with some friends and all the sudden I noticed a red laser dot on the back of a friends head. We turned and looked up and saw a middle aged man in a window. When he saw that we saw him he started miming the firing of a gun toward us with his pointer finger. Was enough to freak us out, and yet another reason why I hate Williamsburg.

The stupid bastard should be locked up.
If I saw a little red dot on me or mine and I spotted where it was coming from, there would be a call to the police as fast as I could get to a phone, right after I cleaned up my pants that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 08:13 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
The stupid bastard should be locked up.
If I saw a little red dot on me or mine and I spotted where it was coming from, there would be a call to the police as fast as I could get to a phone, right after I cleaned up my pants that is.
LOL, I reveived a bright white light across my face, woke me up out of a sound sleep. i at first thought it was the fire dept, but then realized i didnt smell smoke.

no little red light, bright white, kinda like a light you would use going hunting, or something to that effect.

but anyway, all good the last few nights, but as soon as i see the flashlighting, even if it isnt in my window, I am calling 911.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:15 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,401,968 times
Its stories like this that makes me feel good about moving out of an apartment in Brooklyn and into a house on LI. I don't know how I would have reacted to this situation. I'm confrontational and I might have gone up to the apartment in the middle of the night and banged on their door.
These are the nuances of living in a building with other people. You could live in a building with hundreds of other tenants and just one ahole can ruin your day. As you said, you've been there for 25 years without much issues until now. I feel your frustration and hope this doesn't happen again.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:31 PM

424 posts, read 974,014 times
Wow! This is a different level of some of the annoyances of living in an apartment building. How bizarre! I can't think of why someone would do this unless they were working for the NSA or a nutjob....

Last edited by ehanson; 03-27-2014 at 01:42 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanson View Post
Wow! This is a different level of the some of the annoyances of living in an apartment building. How bizarre! I can't think of why someone would do this unless they were working for the NSA or a nutjob....

It is actually baffeling to me.

I can see the woman, maybe she has the "eyes" for me, I dont know. Maybe she knows who I am out in the street. I have not a clue.

but the man, that supposedly is her emotional unstable father, ???. At first I only saw the man, the last Saturday, I discovered the pony tail, and was shocked it was a woman....ugh. a woman!!!

anyway, my binoculars have arrived from amazon, and I will give it a good look tonight.
In the meantime, we keep our shades the same way in the living room, as my plants need morning sun, and we are never in that room anyway. the bedroom shade that faces their window, I just keep pulled all the way down, till I put the a/c in the window, that will solve that, as long as there is no flashlight, I will be ok......

Old 03-27-2014, 08:23 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
anyway, my binoculars have arrived from amazon, and I will give it a good look tonight.
keep us posted!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-28-2014, 05:45 AM

And if you see the laser, put down the binoculars...one perfect beam will blind you.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:06 AM

The binoculars are really good. I can see the kitchen cabinetry and all. I saw someone near the kitchen area, but couldn't see the face, they moved to fast.
I didn't have as much time last night to focus on it, but I did however leave my shades rolled all the way up in my living room, like we normally do, and as i passed my living room, i can see right to their window which had the curtains tied back, then a wall.

My partner said he saw the man smoking at the window in late afternoon, but that was about it.

I am hoping they got the message with the police there and all....and I know they know, that I am hip to them now. LOL....
I will keep trying, probably this weekend, since i will be home more.

It is funny because I never really took notice of thier window before, it was kinda of like just there, like mine and paid no attention to it. Now when ever I walk in my apartment, my eyes go right out my window to thiers.

i did however keep the bedroom shade down, which is better anyway, because their window and the one above them is distracting when I watch TV as my TV is in the corner so it is in my eyes...

Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
And if you see the laser, put down the binoculars...one perfect beam will blind you.
I dont think it is a lazer but a very high beam flashlight, and it is white, NOT red.

if i see the light, I cal 911.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:47 AM

For just a flashlight beam, bend over and MOON them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: