Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:28 AM

125 posts, read 115,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Actually, no they cannot. HRA does not pay rent on an ongoing basis. At the most, HRA programs pays $200 a month, which is not enough for rent.

If it was as easy as applying for public assistance at the center do you think there would be thousands homeless people in NYC, and hundreds of thousands of others living in extremely overcrowded conditions?

Btw, applying for assistance with back rent isn't a guaranteed thing. They can still deny you.
If you are on public assistance they do pay your rent...currently the limit is 215 monthly but they have JIGGETTS which will cover the shortfall
so if OP and bro n GF all three apply
that would be half the rent and **** will cover the rest

BTW
the thousands of ppl who are already HOMELESS dont get their rent paid by public assistance because wait for it THEY ARE HOMELESS DUHHHH

HRA cant give you an apartment but they will do all they can to PREVENT homelessness if they deny you ask for a fair hearing and correct whatever the reason is they deny you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 02:16 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
bounce and don't look back. rent a room somewhere
and not in nyc. be out, son. save ya neck.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivianoele92 View Post
I grew up in a stabilized rented apartment in Chelsea, Manhattan, NY, one of the better parts of New York City. We only have to pay $1800 a month two bedroom, two bathrooms and living and dining room and more. I know right its a fantasy situation. The only problem is me(21) is making only 200 a month and it gets worse.

My brother(22) is unemployed, smokes and is a disgusting slob, his girlfriend(19) unemployed, smokes and is also a disgusting slob. This apartment belonged to our grandparents who died 10 years ago, our mother then inherited it along with 1.5 million dollars. Also a fantasy situation so you would think.

She blows all of it on failed ambitions and adopts 8 dogs and 11 cats forcing her to move to the house she also inherited upstate. She gives us 5 cats and takes the rest upstate. She works minimum wage and spends all of it on everything except her taxes.

Running out of what was left of the money just a couple of years ago we are now surviving off of what I have saved from when I started working full time just out of high school, no time or money to get a degree. All would be fine but I now have no savings left and wanted to get a real paying roommate but the chain smoking couple, controlling violent mother and the adorable fluffy pack of cats are what are stopping me.

What can I do, legally as a rent stabilized child of name leaser to save what could be the best thing since a winning lottery ticket?

This has to be a troll but in case not one piece of advice... GET A JOB. Hopefully the apartment will go to someone who deserves it. You don't

Old 04-02-2014, 06:46 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Was your post a creative writing assignment, Olivia? I didn't believe it for a minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City