Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 01:37 PM

18,850 posts, read 13,741,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Ahhh its too cold......5 years and you'll miss a dirty water hot dog. You know, I used to let these rants slide, but now I'm back on it. I'm born in Brooklyn! Raised in Queens - and never leaving. Polar vortex can kiss my ass - I went to work in it. Maybe you should buy better outerwear and dress better for the cold. Do you own long johns??? Single digits are not stopping me from feeding my family. And I own, I do not rent. You gotta be tough to live here cause anything can happen at any time. Been thru Sandy and all that. Too tough for you, then leave. I make good money here and I'm not leaving. I like my 4 seasons. I like seeing my kids play in the snow. NYC made me a tough SOB.
Why would you take someone else's opinion regarding their lack of desire to stay in the city personal?

Old 03-30-2014, 01:37 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,191,003 times
Quote:
Prodded around like cattle and live like animals??? Concrete jungle??? All these silly metaphors to describe a city where over 8 million people live. Look at Tokyo where they sleep in micro-apartments. Any city with such a high population will have situations where overcrowding happens. You're just not cut out for city life. I highly prefer urban living. I don't like driving my car to work. I'm happy that the train is a block away from my house and I can read the news on my phone or go to sleep instead of having to concentrate on the road that early in the morning. I like living in a building. I don't want to spend my weekends cutting grass and weeding out the garden. I want to spend it drinking beer and relaxing. This is no different than if I went on the Basketball forum and announced, "Hey guys, I'm not watching the NBA anymore!" Who cares??? Just go if you don't like it anymore, I don't get why people always have to make an announcement about it.
Exactly! Who cares? Just move! The LI forum is even worse in that they keep coming back to the forum to cause trouble after they've moved to East Jesus, Southland evangelizing how cheap it is where they have moved to and bashing all of LI as if they have always been "rebels" and have never been "damn Yankees!" LOL! How pathetic is THAT?

Old 03-30-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
The truth is, the majority of people who come on here and complain about NYC, and leaving, just can't afford the lifestyle they want (or think they are entitled) to have here. So they make excuses about it being too crowded, the weather, and other crap to justify their rants.
Do you realize that the above post is a collection of excuses to justify the way you look at people who don't want to live here anymore?

Old 03-30-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Nobody wants to be honest, so I'll be honest for everybody:

"I can't afford this place, and I'm starting to feel down on myself because maybe I'm starting to think I didn't do that well in life. Well I'm going to move somewhere else where it's cheaper, and then I'll feel better about myself."
Well, you're dead wrong about me, so -1.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
For some (like me), weather is important. NYC doesn't have great weather, so it affects how I feel about it.
Weather is considered a very strong factor in the high suicide rate of the pacific northwest. Weather strongly impacts peoples moods and is known to be a cause of depression. Don't let anyone tell you that you're a wimp because the weather is a big issue to you.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:37 PM

75 posts, read 111,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBucks View Post
Of course, if you did actually understand logical operations (instead of liberally criticizing other people's "logically [sic] reasoning" and reading comprehension), you'd understand that what seventhfloor has done is an inference from subtext. If you were to prove his argument to be unsound (which you haven't done), his argument would still be inductively valid.

And if you did have a grasp of pragmatics (which falls under reading comprehension) you'd know that I'm not advocating a "bunker mentality" regarding NYC's weather.
What does his "inference from subtext" have to do with anything and what were his arguments and how were they not proven to be sound? If you believe your erstwhile ally made some cogent points then that speaks more to your intellect than to mine.

Unlike you I didn't edit my post so perhaps I wrote "logically" instead of logical and didn't change it as you clearly do when you make mistakes.

Glad your 101 courses in community college helped you out though Benny.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 PM

33,398 posts, read 46,826,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Exactly! Who cares? Just move! The LI forum is even worse in that they keep coming back to the forum to cause trouble after they've moved to East Jesus, Southland evangelizing how cheap it is where they have moved to and bashing all of LI as if they have always been "rebels" and have never been "damn Yankees!" LOL! How pathetic is THAT?
Thank you.....like don't go away mad, just go away.....

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-30-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Well, you're dead wrong about me, so -1.
You know that didn't apply to you man...

Old 03-30-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
You know that didn't apply to you man...
I hadn't had my coffee yet when I was posting here. I woke up at 1400 today!

Old 03-30-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Do you realize that the above post is a collection of excuses to justify the way you look at people who don't want to live here anymore?
Do me a favor....the next few people who start a thread on here about leaving NYC, take a look at their reasons. OP complained it rained all day yesterday, are you serious?? They should have moved after Sandy. It rained all day that day too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City