Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 12:34 AM

43 posts, read 572,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
You sound as if you resent his speaking out about yet another racial/hate crime in Howard Beach...where the "Black kid" ended up in the hospital fighting for his life and where Black men have been murdered.

Careful your hatred and ignorance is showing.

Are you freaking kidding me? Those knuckle heads were in the area looking to steal a god damn car. Dont give me that racial bull****. White/black/brown/yellow you come onto my block trying to steal my car and believe me your gonna see my louisville slugger. The difference between those dirt bags and that dude in the video is they were looking to rob and steal he was doing something thousands of nyc residents do everyday. RIDE THE DAMN SUBWAY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 02:16 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,980,152 times
Default Here is the City Data to support Meads argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
C'mon, there's definitely a double standard here, and I'm not talking about this incident in particular:

White kids beat black kids = front page news for weeks
Black kids beat white kids = page 25 of all local newspapers, if that
Here are some shocking, unfortunate statistics regarding the huge media cover up of black on white crime, seems like the whites need Al Sharpton more than the blacks do:

Blacks murder Whites at 18 times the rate Whites murder Blacks.

About 1 million Whites were murdered, robbed, assaulted, or raped by Blacks in 1992.

In the last 30 years, 170 million violent and nonviolent crimes were committed by Blacks against Whites in the U.S.

Blacks under 18 are more than 12 times more likely to be arrested for murder than Whites the same age.

A black is about 39 times more likely to do violence to a white than the other way around, and no less than 130 times more likely to rob a white.

Every year there are about 15,000 black-on-white rapes but fewer than 900 white-on-black rapes. There are more than 3,000 gang rapes of whites by blacks—but white-on-black gang rapes are so rare they do not even show up in the statistics.

Blacks commit 7.5 times more violent interracial crimes than Whites, although they comprise only one-seventh of the White population.

On a per-capita basis, blacks commit 50 times more violent crimes than Whites.

Some 27 million nonviolent crimes were committed in the U.S. in 1992 alone. 31% of the robberies involved Black offenders and White victims; only 2% involved White offenders and Black victims.

In 1989, the FBI reported the following:

A) Blacks commit 8 times more assaults than Whites. B) Blacks commit 9 times more rapes than Whites. C) Blacks commit 14 times more murders than Whites. D) Blacks commit 19 times more armed robberies. E) Black neighborhoods are 35 times more violent than White neighborhoods. F) There were 629,000 interracial attacks committed in 1985 (the last year the FBI "chose" to report this information). Some nine out of every ten were committed by Blacks against Whites. G. Black males (6% of the population) make up 46% of the nation's prison population.

Last edited by samyn on the green; 12-10-2007 at 02:38 AM..

Old 12-10-2007, 03:24 AM

31 posts, read 142,460 times
To answer the original question, yes, I have heard of one attack in the subway. An ex coworker of mine was assaulted and robbed in the middle of the night. But she had absolutely no street smarts whatsoever. She was from Ireland and totally lulled into a false sense of security about how safe NY was. She went out, got very drunk, got the train home alone and fell asleep on it at 4.30am. Basically she did everything possible to make herself a sitting duck. When you're that naive, you're going to run into trouble anywhere. I never had any problem taking the train at any time of day/night because I was careful not to travel alone at night, especially after drinking, and was careful about which car to sit in (tried to choose the one with the conductor) etc etc. A little common sense goes a long way.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:40 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,615,881 times
DECEMBER 8, 2007

Subway Beating Victim Speaks Out!

We take this to be definitive proof that the video of a group of teen girls beating a man on an A train was not staged: The victim has emerged. Rafael Cruz, a 27-year-old Brooklyn resident who is a manager at a Midtown H&M, told the Post, "I'm trying to get over it. It happened a month ago."

Gothamist: Subway Beating Victim Speaks Out!

Last edited by Keeper; 12-10-2007 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: removed copyrighted material

Old 12-10-2007, 04:41 AM

DECEMBER 9, 2007

Subway Beating Videographer Feels Bad

The 17-year-old girl who filmed the filmed a group of teen girls beating up a subway rider on an A train last month has met with the police yesterday. Kajdera Holmes's lawyer told the Daily News, "She regrets not doing more to help the victim."

Gothamist: Subway Beating Videographer Feels Bad

Last edited by Keeper; 12-10-2007 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: removed copyrighted material

Old 12-10-2007, 01:04 PM

8 posts, read 22,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
DECEMBER 8, 2007

Subway Beating Victim Speaks Out!

We take this to be definitive proof that the video of a group of teen girls beating a man on an A train was not staged: The victim has emerged. Rafael Cruz, a 27-year-old Brooklyn resident who is a manager at a Midtown H&M, told the Post, "I'm trying to get over it. It happened a month ago."

Gothamist: Subway Beating Victim Speaks Out!

If the video wasn't staged, the girls looked scaringly silly (smiling and attacking by amongst others talking lots and loud?). The passive man could have escaped earlier though, couldn't he? How many attackers talk that much anyway. There were no signs that the victim was a therapist.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,309,505 times
Quote:
DECEMBER 9, 2007

Subway Beating Videographer Feels Bad

The 17-year-old girl who filmed the filmed a group of teen girls beating up a subway rider on an A train last month has met with the police yesterday. Kajdera Holmes's lawyer told the Daily News, "She regrets not doing more to help the victim."

Gothamist: Subway Beating Videographer Feels Bad
1. If I was that dude I would have beat that girl with the du rag on until my fist went numb.

2. I then take my belt off and start beating the ish out of every last one of them. (with the metal part)

I have no idea what has happened to youth today. They have gone absolutely insane.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:43 PM

How about these girls in the subway? Check the video link awell...

Subway pole dancers enrage MTA

The N train may need to be changed to the NC-17 and the L could be dubbed the lap dance express.
That's because commuters on the lines got their two bucks worth - and then some - when four leggy New Yorkers set out to turn the subway cars into strip-club Champagne lounges.

Subway pole dancers win $10,000

A week after a video surfaced in YouTube showing an apparent beating on the A train somewhere in Brooklyn, the New York City Subway is again enjoying dubious fame in the video world.

This time it's lap dancers, who on a dare from a Web site pranced around in underwear in the N train, doing some lap dances in the process.

Subway pole dancers win $10,000 -- Newsday.com (broken link)

Old 12-10-2007, 03:52 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,615,343 times
if only those girls rode the 7.....

Old 12-10-2007, 04:05 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,166,332 times
Quote:
How about these girls in the subway? Check the video link awell...

The N train may need to be changed to the NC-17 and the L could be dubbed the lap dance express.
That's because commuters on the lines got their two bucks worth - and then some - when four leggy New Yorkers set out to turn the subway cars into strip-club Champagne lounges.

Subway pole dancers win $10,000

A week after a video surfaced in YouTube showing an apparent beating on the A train somewhere in Brooklyn, the New York City Subway is again enjoying dubious fame in the video world.

This time it's lap dancers, who on a dare from a Web site pranced around in underwear in the N train, doing some lap dances in the process.

Subway pole dancers win $10,000 -- Newsday.com (broken link)
I saw that in the paper today. Those girls were hot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City