Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 01:18 PM

277 posts, read 401,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
This is typical theologically illiterate Dawkinsnet nonsense.

It helps to understand basic biblical ideas such as:
1. The distinction between narrative and commandment.
2. The distinction between Mosaic Law and Ministry of Spirit.
3. What ancient ideas of indentured servitude translate to in the modern vernacular.

Once you've read what the Bible actually says (and not what some pimpled atheist teenage basement dweller tells you on his blog) then you can start formulating a substantive critique of the Bible.

Your second comment is the non sequitur fallacy. Of course I'd object if a muslim were to express views that would contradict mine. You do understand how objective moral ontology works, right? If not I suggest you start your education here: Moral Realism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Do you honestly believe he's going to understand the Stanford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 01:30 PM

650 posts, read 1,811,943 times
Isn't there already a Chick-fil-A in NYU area? Been there for a while I believe.

Let me know when In-N-Out is coming to NYC. I'll be camping outside.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:36 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
Isn't there already a Chick-fil-A in NYU area? Been there for a while I believe.

Yes, but it's not full service. The menu items are basically chicken sandwiches, nuggets, and fries. I'm with you on the In-N-Out front. They might as well come here with all these longtime businesses shuttering.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:36 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post

In-N-Out needs to team up with 5 Guys. In-N-Out burgers with 5 Guys fries. Maybe Shake Shack's shake.

My god, my pants just moved...

Old 04-11-2014, 01:37 PM

79 posts, read 123,256 times
Finally, I am a complete human being.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
In-N-Out needs to team up with 5 Guys. In-N-Out burgers with 5 Guys fries. Maybe Shake Shack's shake.

Try "moving your pants" after you've had your third coronary angioplasty by age 30 (40?). Nasty stuff.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:26 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,005 times
and where did you do your residency in cardiology again?

Old 04-11-2014, 02:36 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigoriachel View Post
Try "moving your pants" after you've had your third coronary angioplasty by age 30 (40?). Nasty stuff.

I'd be willing to wager that I eat cleaner than 80% of this forum. However if you don't indulge once every couple weeks or even every week, you're doing it wrong.

Unless you're coming at me with some vegan propaganda. I'm not saying you necessarily are, but if that's the case, save it.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,009 times
Default sola scriptura nastiness

This food is for backwater southern sharecroppers. Like sola scriptura there is nothing natural or healthy about his cuisine. If you don't believe me check out the ingredients list of this backwater lab produced nastiness. This rubbish does not belong here in New York.

Quote:
Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
Ingredients: 100% natural whole breast fillet, seasoning (salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika),
seasoned coater (enriched bleached flour, [malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin,
foic acid], sugar salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat mild, leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum
phosphate, monocalcium phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], milk wash (water, whole powdered
egg and nonfat mild solids), peanut oil (fully refined peanut oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve
freshness and Dimethylpolysiloxane an anti-foaming agent added), pickles (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt,
contains less than 1% of the following: calcium chloride, sodium benzoate potassium sorbate [preservatives],
natural flavors, polysorbate 80, Yellow #5, blue 1), butter-flavored vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated
soybean oil, palm kernel oil, lecithin, artificial flavor, TBHQ and citric acid added as preservatives, and
artificial color). Served on a standard 4-inch bun from a local bakery.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
and where did you do your residency in cardiology again?
The Great Western Hospital, Swindon.

Quote:
I'd be willing to wager that I eat cleaner than 80% of this forum. However if you don't indulge once every couple weeks or even every week, you're doing it wrong.

Unless you're coming at me with some vegan propaganda. I'm not saying you necessarily are, but if that's the case, save it.
Oh, and you'd care to defy 45 years of accrued epidemiological evidence to the contrary, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City