Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2007, 03:46 PM

278 posts, read 1,186,638 times

Advertisements

Is the area around 45th and 3rd avenue a good area? I am looking at listings and a lot seem to be in Midtown East. How is the area of Midtown East? Is it safe? Also what about the FlatIron district. The listing I found for that area is 26th and Broadway.
Thanks
Citi-Habitats New York City Apartments - NYC Apartments - Manhattan Lofts, Real Estate Rental (http://www.citi-habitats.com/viewlisting.php?adID=298516&scroll=1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 05:42 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2007 View Post
Is the area around 45th and 3rd avenue a good area? I am looking at listings and a lot seem to be in Midtown East. How is the area of Midtown East? Is it safe? Also what about the FlatIron district. The listing I found for that area is 26th and Broadway.
Thanks
Citi-Habitats New York City Apartments - NYC Apartments - Manhattan Lofts, Real Estate Rental (http://www.citi-habitats.com/viewlisting.php?adID=298516&scroll=1 - broken link)
I don't live in NYC but travel there often enough. I can tell you that Midtown East is very safe. In fact the majority of Manhattan is safe with the exception of some parts of Harlem and and the Lower East side. I found this website http://gis.nyc.gov/ops/mmr/address.jsp?app=MMR that provides statistics on the neighborhoods. Type in the address your interested in, select the borough, do the search, and then select the tab for public safety. The numbers may look large but compare the numbers to the whole city to get a better picture of the area.

I suggest you spend some time in the city (at-least a week or so), walk around the neighborhoods, take the subway, do all the things you would normally do if you lived there to make sure you like it. Visit the area at various times (daytime, nighttime, 11pm, 3am) to see what kind of people are around.

Have fun and enjoy!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,940,360 times
It's very safe. Right near the UN. I work in that area and live not too far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City