Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 10:14 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieNYC212 View Post
I have asked myself a million times, why is it so difficult to meet Mr. Right in NYC? What am I doing wrong? I don't think that I'm asking for too much, typically I look for guys that have a similar background as myself. I am interested in finding a nice guy who is loving, caring, spiritually inclined, family oriented, ambitious, and professional.

Perhaps it's my age that is working against me. I'm 36! Is it too late for me to meet the right guy, get married and have a family? Should I pack my bags and head for Texas or is it still possible to find love and committment in NYC?
You're too picky, it's time to settle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 10:24 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
A large penis is cool to have, but that alone won't hold any ambitious woman's interest for long. Not when they can buy a battery-operated one that does the same thing. The dudes with the bigger wallet and who treat women the way they like to be treated...that's what women really like. Doesn't seem to matter too much if the man isn't all that good looking and out of shape or married, if he's rich, he'll have a hot young woman somewhere nearby. I see this everywhere. You don't see cougars with younger men anywhere near as often, but when you do see it its the same thing: the chick isn't much to look at and she's pulling a dude who looks like her college-age son. She's got bags and bulges everywhere, while he's pretty and all buffed out and stuff. The dissonance is ridiculous, but to each his own, I guess.
This is generally true especially amongst careerist type of women. With career type of woman it all boils down to education, money and etc, compared to the way a guy looks or the size of his penis. Lately I have been seeing women who look out of shape like truck drivers pulling good looking men. But I don't know the age differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
99% of my female friends are NY natives. I won't lie, some of them aren't very attractive, while the majority actually are pretty hot women. I find that my more attractive female friends always happen to be with dirtbags who aren't even attractive. My best female friend has been with a man for around 10 years... Well she just broke up with him after she realized he'd never marry her and he doesn't want anymore kids even though she does.

What frustrates me is that she's really a catch. She can cook, likes to clean, is very loyal to her boyfriend, and very pretty face with a nice body, successful men flock to her... But she doesn't pay them any mind.
Eureka. I knew it! Plenty of women here like these badboy type of guys and it took me a while to understand why. Maybe its for the thrill, or it keeps the drama burning like some reality TV show. But when a decent guy comes along, these women either have kids under their belt or to a certain degree financially broke. I have to admit I have seen a fair share of women turn down a good decent guy and go for a guy that is a complete opposite. To be honest the good decent guy dodged a bullet. Hell right now I'm talking two women, both single moms from NYC. They loved their guys they had before but they were never good due to cheating. But they also admit decent guy is boring, but now they need a decent guy if they want to get married again. Actually one of these women wants me to accept her kids so that she can start a relationship with me. I would love to but I cant. I want my own kids. She is also hot too and she is Guyanese. The other is also a Latina but realizes she will never find a husband, however she is quite the spinner. Just this pass week two women offer me an option for relationship, both single no kids. One is Latina from the Bronx, very decent compared to your average no good Bronx woman, the other white and a transient type. I gotta stack my cards right this time!

Old 05-13-2014, 10:25 AM

515 posts, read 624,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
Not really true. I know quite a few unattractive, annoying women who don't have any problems with men... I live in Brooklyn.
That is true but not many women who are hot with hot bodies have trouble finding men. Rather, they just have trouble choosing.

By the time a hot woman with a hot body starts asking questions and looking for advice she has already started to lose either and probably missed her window as she knew it.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:33 AM

515 posts, read 624,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa_456 View Post

If you saw me out and about, you'd actually think that I was a spring chicken.
Well, men do appreciate a woman who has some spring in her chicken!

Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
A large penis is cool to have, but that alone won't hold any ambitious woman's interest for long. Not when they can buy a battery-operated one that does the same thing. The dudes with the bigger wallet and who treat women the way they like to be treated...that's what women really like. Doesn't seem to matter too much if the man isn't all that good looking and out of shape or married, if he's rich, he'll have a hot young woman somewhere nearby. I see this everywhere. You don't see cougars with younger men anywhere near as often, but when you do see it its the same thing: the chick isn't much to look at and she's pulling a dude who looks like her college-age son. She's got bags and bulges everywhere, while he's pretty and all buffed out and stuff. The dissonance is ridiculous, but to each his own, I guess.
You edited what I said. The first thing I said women like was "happy people" there's a reason I put it first.

That reason is ... OVER 9000 - oh wait wrong subject... the reason is it seems to be true a statistical majority of the time.

Also, there are many ways to look at the good guys finish last phenomenon but 1 way is:

If a man really is supportive and she chooses a real dirtbag (not just a rugged roughneck who's more butch but an actual repeat felon loser) then she has unintentionally done him the favor of not having to put up with her dumb crap.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:19 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
I always find it odd that people often try to look for someone that is too similar to their background and often that is the downfall of their relationship.

In the past I too looked for people that is similar to my background and those failed to last. At some point you will peak early because there's nothing new left.

That's the problem I have with many women that I met in NYC, they are looking for a specific type without giving others a chance. The only chance a guy gets is when the women becomes an acquaintance and then becomes heart broken then you have a shot.

Luckily I am married now and my mate is the opposite of me and there's always a challenge to explore things together because most of our past experiences are new to each other.

The point is, not to write someone off simply because you make assumption about them or you weren't physically attracted at 1st. Women tend to be more emotional so I think they can get over the physical stuff easily if they can understand the guy 1st instead of judging solely on looks.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:25 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
That is true but not many women who are hot with hot bodies have trouble finding men. Rather, they just have trouble choosing.

By the time a hot woman with a hot body starts asking questions and looking for advice she has already started to lose either and probably missed her window as she knew it.
Problem with good looking women is that they often make their choices out of convenience than choosing wisely.

Say they got a new job and the new boss keeps hitting on them and they accepted it but never really enjoyed being in a relationship that is one sided.

Most hot looking women in NYC do not have hot looking mates. How many times you meet a hot looking woman in NYC that is genuinely down to earth. Even if they are eventually they go towards the dark side because of bad influences by bad women and men.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:57 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Problem with good looking women is that they often make their choices out of convenience than choosing wisely.

Say they got a new job and the new boss keeps hitting on them and they accepted it but never really enjoyed being in a relationship that is one sided.

Most hot looking women in NYC do not have hot looking mates. How many times you meet a hot looking woman in NYC that is genuinely down to earth. Even if they are eventually they go towards the dark side because of bad influences by bad women and men.
Unattractive women at times have good looking men. They get used up too.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:34 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
TV and Media ruined peoples perceptions of reality and relationships. People watch shows like Real housewives of ...... or sex and the city or millionaire match maker and think everyone deserves a rich spouse with a huge mansion and a nice car.

Reality doesnt work that way. With the economy tanking in 2008, people are going to have to scale WAY back their expectations of life.

The real secret is that material things dont add up to being more happy. Experiences and relationships with friends and family and lovers are what make people happy.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
TV and Media ruined peoples perceptions of reality and relationships.
In times like these it's important to stay grounded and go back to the foundations of civilization and watch a re-run of Seinfeld. As the wise man once said, 95% of people in this world are un-datable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City