Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 07:43 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Let's take a 35-year-old male (good looking) who has a masters degree or perhaps a doctorate in education and is passionate about it . He started out as a school teacher, quickly rose through the ranks, and is now a tenured principle of a large public high school. He probably makes 125K; 150K tops.

In most parts of the country, this man would be considered an incredible success. However, to women like EastBoundandDownChick, he might as well be a fork lift operator (no offense to you fork lift operators out there, but you get my point).
I have to agree with this. The thing about women here in NYC regardless if she is career driven or not, hell or low income , they want their man to be the best in some way shape or forum, like either very successful, or maybe well dressed, good looking, best degree, the most intelligent and etc. Not on all catergories but has to have at least one catergory. What I realize is this that most women in NYC do not want an average man. My best bet is for fellas to find a woman that is very humble which is kind of hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Many ppl like to lull themselves to false beliefs, it's a safety mechanism. Most women wake up when they hit 40 and those who don't refuse to accept the truth in order to protect themselves. And that is a sign of inner conflict and failure to mature properly.
This is true. People reinforce themselves in false ideas to feel secure about themselves. I feel sorry for some people who think they stuff don't stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
Where can you find young (18-25) latina chicks in Manhattan?
Upper Manhattan, projects in the LES, Washington Heights. Be good looking, have a whip, show more green and less plastic and metallic cards. Use condoms with these women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Surely, then, someone here who has met you will back you up on your claims.
If they value their life, that is!
I can vouch. I have been to a CD meetup and I came across Jad2k. She is very attractive, but also well spoken woman. In order to date her one has to be a yuppie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 07:51 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,648 times
Quote:
Let's take a 35-year-old male (good looking) who has a masters degree or perhaps a doctorate in education and is passionate about it . He started out as a school teacher, quickly rose through the ranks, and is now a tenured principle of a large public high school. He probably makes 125K; 150K tops.

In most parts of the country, this man would be considered an incredible success. However, to women like EastBoundandDownChick, he might as well be a fork lift operator (no offense to you fork lift operators out there, but you get my point).
I would not consider someone like that a failure at all. Not right for me, but definitely no loser in life. He just will max out at that number... and that is not hot to all of us, a guy on a board of education claiming that as his great accomplishment. For someone looking to start a humble family in Anytown, U.S.A. this is basically the American Dream. In NYC, it's more like barely surviving. So have a frame of reference please.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:22 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,254,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I would not consider someone like that a failure at all. Not right for me, but definitely no loser in life. He just will max out at that number... and that is not hot to all of us, a guy on a board of education claiming that as his great accomplishment. For someone looking to start a humble family in Anytown, U.S.A. this is basically the American Dream. In NYC, it's more like barely surviving. So have a frame of reference please.
And this is the point of many posters on this thread to why there are so many 30-something women in NYC who have not found "Mr. Right." There are a limited supply of "Mr. Right's," as defined by so many NYC women.

And if "Mr. Right" means lots of requirements beyond the fat wallet (good looking, loves kids, decent guy, unlikely womanizer), the supply really dries up. [/quote]

Old 05-18-2014, 11:35 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
Quote:
And this is the point of many posters on this thread to why there are so many 30-something women in NYC who have not found "Mr. Right." There are a limited supply of "Mr. Right's," as defined by so many NYC women.

And if "Mr. Right" means lots of requirements beyond the fat wallet (good looking, loves kids, decent guy, unlikely womanizer), the supply really dries up.
[/quote]

Lol...by the time they're "30 something" the harsh reality is that they've likely priced themselves out of the market in terms of what kind of man they can realistically expect to commit to them.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:50 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,219 times
Quote:

Lol you sound like an incredible catch...

Old 05-19-2014, 01:28 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,615,897 times
Quote:

Unless he is good in bed. Then all of the nonsense talk these ladies spew out goes completely out the window.

One thing I can definitely say about NYC is that there are no shortage of women to sleep with.

Plenty that are more than willing to give it up if you have the right look, charm, charisma, and just so happen to

get to them at the right time. Even the most successful of women have a hard time saying no.

But, like many have repeatedly finding someone that is truly into you and not what you do or how much money you have is difficult here.

Some get lucky and meet their life partner. Judging by the number of singles here I would say most don't.

Looking forward to moving in the next year or two. Not my desire to be 40 and still dating.

I am not mad at East Bound Chick. I happen to be very similar to the guy that she described above. She is one

of thousands of women. If she can't appreciate a hardworking guy like that then.....ON TO THE NEXT ONE.

There is ALWAYS A NEXT ONE.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:00 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,254,926 times
Quote:
There is something so pathetic about this statement. Guy on a board of education?

I described a hypothetical 35-year-old man who has excelled as an educator and loves what he does (and let's say he is also tall, muscular, good looking, has a great personality and lots of interests, and as a bonus is great in bed).

But this poster would rather go for an unattractive, much older and less likeable investment banker who works 100 hours a week, in order to get her $2,000,000 Chelsea loft and numerous shopping trips to Bergdorf.

That's fine, to each her own. But I say good luck to you Manhattan women. For every one of you that finds this investment banker, a lot more of you won't. And if you are approaching 33 or so, he does not want you.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:11 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
Quote:
There is something so pathetic about this statement. Guy on a board of education?

I described a hypothetical 35-year-old man who has excelled as an educator and loves what he does (and let's say he is also tall, muscular, good looking, has a great personality and lots of interests, and as a bonus is great in bed).

But this poster would rather go for an unattractive, much older and less likeable investment banker who works 100 hours a week, in order to get her $2,000,000 Chelsea loft and numerous shopping trips to Bergdorf.

That's fine, to each her own. But I say good luck to you Manhattan women. For every one of you that finds this investment banker, a lot more of you won't. And if you are approaching 33 or so, he does not want you.
EastBoundandDownChick has an IQ of 157.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:30 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,495,772 times
Quote:

I hate to say it but it really is becoming clear why there is so many lonely single women in this city. Do people really believe this fairy tale Sex and the City existence will happen for them? It's almost laughable. Eastboundanddownchick was the one complaining that this is a toilet for everyone but the rich a few years back, no? And now to say a person making six figures working for the Bd. of Ed wouldn't work for her? I think she's been drinking way too much NYC Kool aid. SMH.

I do know several women that are not looking for the stupid cliche investment banker types but still have a hard time....or they seem to just limit themselves to the same few guys that they dated in the past that it never worked out with. A lot of them are neurotic weirdos tho...I can kind of see why it never works out for them. Hate to say it. Worked with a girl once who was very pretty but single...told me she was "very very picky"....once I got to know her, I realize she was just very, very nuts.

I met my BF at a job I was working at several years back....don't normally date at work, but this worked out...we have been together 11 yrs this March.

Last edited by jen5276; 05-19-2014 at 04:58 AM..

Old 05-19-2014, 05:11 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I hate to say it but it really is becoming clear why there is so many lonely single women in this city. Do people really believe this fairy tale Sex and the City existence will happen for them? It's almost laughable. Eastboundanddownchick was the one complaining that this is a toilet for everyone but the rich a few years back, no? And now to say a person making six figures working for the Bd. of Ed wouldn't work for her? I think she's been drinking way too much NYC Kool aid. SMH.

I do know several women that are not looking for the stupid cliche investment banker types but still have a hard time....or they seem to just limit themselves to the same few guys that they dated in the past that it never worked out with. A lot of them are neurotic weirdos tho...I can kind of see why it never works out for them. Hate to say it. Worked with a girl once who was very pretty but single...told me she was "very very picky"....once I got to know her, I realize she was just very, very nuts.

I met my BF at a job I was working at several years back....don't normally date at work, but this worked out...we have been together 11 yrs this March.
Your local woman does not want a decent guy and your career driven transient types do not want an average man who makes average pay with average qualities. Just the other day at work someone was dating a married guy who graduated from an ivy league school. I over heard that she had to to go to a clinic to find out if if she is pregnant for this guy. Even though this guy is married she really likes him. These Mr. Big shot guys can have any woman however it doesn't translate into something longterm.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-19-2014 at 05:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City