Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 11:29 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,255,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
A spike in sidewalk bbqs, cars blasting unsavory music, and hoods loitering from dusk to dawn are tale-telling signs that the summer is here.
Hence why gentrification can't come any sooner and remove these hood people.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:45 AM

900 posts, read 2,372,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I agree. It hurts me so bad when I saw this one chick cursing at her daughter who was probably no more than 3-4 years old because she would not stand on the sidewalk while waiting for the bus while her mama was on the street.

"Didn't I tell you to stay on the motherfrucking sidewalk"? While smoking a cigarette.

And this was in public. No shame in her game. I can just imagine how bad it is behind closed doors. Poor girl.

I felt really bad for that little girl being around such a negative environment. The corruption begins at the home and as she grows up, she'll just assume thats normal.

I've seen this too. Hurts me also, sometimes I want to say something but I know these fools would then only turn it on me.

Some of these people never had a chance because no one ever cared for them.

It's just pure hopelessness.

Likeminas,

Difference is you have more to life to look forward to, they don't look at freedom the same. I guess they think of it as time to reconnect with buddies and probably living in those cells aren't much different than home life, not to mention many will be out again soon to continue their mayhem.

No direction, no hope, no life, and no sense of responsibility leading to a perfect brew of criminology.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,257,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I agree. It hurts me so bad when I saw this one chick cursing at her daughter who was probably no more than 3-4 years old because she would not stand on the sidewalk while waiting for the bus while her mama was on the street.

"Didn't I tell you to stay on the motherfrucking sidewalk"? While smoking a cigarette.

And this was in public. No shame in her game. I can just imagine how bad it is behind closed doors. Poor girl.

I felt really bad for that little girl being around such a negative environment. The corruption begins at the home and as she grows up, she'll just assume thats normal.
You have to also feel bad for the mother, because she was raised that way by her mother, who was in turn raised that way by her mother.

You can trace this pathology back to LBJ's "War on Poverty" and "Great Society," when it became much more lucrative (free apartment in new housing project, food stamps, welfare, Head Start), to be a single mother, than if you were married to a man with a low-paying job, when you got nothing but his salary and had to live in an old tenement.

The government became the father. And look at the destruction this model has caused in the inner city. And there's no way of going back to the good old days of an intact family with a mother and father. In a sense, it is a lost art.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:58 PM

503 posts, read 898,988 times
I think the sad part about this is that the OP didn't even put the worse things in this thread. There were like what? a handful of murders in the Bronx this past week? It's awful and the-coming-out-of-hibernation spike is truly relevant in NYC.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:10 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,462 times
Dark days ahead...elections have consequences

Old 05-12-2014, 01:25 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
As far as I have heard,all 5 of the murdered in The Bx this weekend were hood rats killing each other.This is nothing new.It's what comprises 90% of the murders these days.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:27 PM

338 posts, read 677,107 times
Just looked up the incident about the Asian guy beaten in the East Village. Unbelievable. I was walking down that street literally 12 hours later (I go through there to get to East River Park where I play soccer).

"Elections have consequences"--oh for God's sake. What a stupid comment.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:48 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,579,327 times
Definitely the warm weather.... More people outside.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:58 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
Just looked up the incident about the Asian guy beaten in the East Village. Unbelievable. I was walking down that street literally 12 hours later (I go through there to get to East River Park where I play soccer).

"Elections have consequences"--oh for God's sake. What a stupid comment.
As stupid as BDB being elected?

Old 05-12-2014, 02:04 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,905,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
You have to also feel bad for the mother, because she was raised that way by her mother, who was in turn raised that way by her mother.
This is the root cause of many societal ills.
It's a vicious cycle. And there's no foreseeable end to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsideal View Post
I think the sad part about this is that the OP didn't even put the worse things in this thread. There were like what? a handful of murders in the Bronx this past week? It's awful and the-coming-out-of-hibernation spike is truly relevant in NYC.
You're right.
5 people have been killed since Thursday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/person-murdered-bronx-thursday-article-1.1789092

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
As far as I have heard,all 5 of the murdered in The Bx this weekend were hood rats killing each other.This is nothing new.It's what comprises 90% of the murders these days.
This is true, but the sad part is that many times, inocent bystanders get shot in the process too.
------------------------
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City