Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,201,274 times

Advertisements

Noise pollution is a real issue though. Not sure this thread is approaching it in a great way though. It's becoming the typical attack a particular culture or group kind of thread. Kinda makes you wonder what the original purpose of the thread was...

I would like to see health department conduct a real study on hearing loss in NYC. I suspect between the subway noise, the constant din of construction, people's own personal use of loud music whether via headphones or speakers, and the excessive honking that most people in this city have suffered substantial hearing loss over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 10:30 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,557,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Noise pollution is a real issue though. Not sure this thread is approaching it in a great way though. It's becoming the typical attack a particular culture or group kind of thread. Kinda makes you wonder what the original purpose of the thread was...

I would like to see health department conduct a real study on hearing loss in NYC. I suspect between the subway noise, the constant din of construction, people's own personal use of loud music whether via headphones or speakers, and the excessive honking that most people in this city have suffered substantial hearing loss over time.
I agree.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:54 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,199,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Not this weekend, but I've seen them more times than I can count with my hands. So it looks to me that it's you, the grammar nazi, who seems to be lying about not witnessing them EVER.

I conceded right after you came into the thread that if I have seen it, it's rare. To the point that it's not even sticking out to me in my mind. At the very least, not on the level as these punks. So I don't know where you're going with this...

Old 06-02-2014, 10:55 AM

8,654 posts, read 11,030,529 times
The highlight & gift to me is that most of them will have severe hearing loss in the next decade or so.

Even with headphones, some of those music can be heard on the subway a half car down...I can't imagine if they can pass a hearing test.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
I agree.

People vent regularly on here. That's one of the major purposes of the thread, and I'm not gonna bite my tongue in order to coddle a particular culture. Another purpose was a general inquiry into wtf these people are doing when they do this?

Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 AM

251 posts, read 636,171 times
Take reggae and put "ton" on the end. Latinos always trying to steal for blacks and claim the object of thief as their own...smh.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:53 PM

503 posts, read 896,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystress215 View Post
Take reggae and put "ton" on the end. Latinos always trying to steal for blacks and claim the object of thief as their own...smh.
So ignorant I can't even begin, so I won't.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:05 PM

5,044 posts, read 4,923,450 times
Quote:

This is my concern too. I was ready to sue NYC MTA for train-related noises but was laughed at when I asked for support on this forum.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:56 PM

33,886 posts, read 47,070,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Another purpose was a general inquiry into wtf these people are doing when they do this?
Umm....you really need to ask why people are playing loud music in a car while driving?
Be honest....what type of answer did you expect? You really can't formulate your own theory?
What type of answer could one provide that would make you say, "Ahh, that must be it..."

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Umm....you really need to ask why people are playing loud music in a car while driving?
Be honest....what type of answer did you expect? You really can't formulate your own theory?
What type of answer could one provide that would make you say, "Ahh, that must be it..."
Why, SeventhFloor...why do people blow out their eardrums and peacock themselves out around any given neighborhood by blasting this nonsense so everybody and their grandmother (literally) has to stop their conversation for a few seconds until they pass? Why sit on the edge of a park in an otherwise quiet neighborhood and bump their pimped out Honda Accord so loud that they can't even talk to each other? Is it to show folks in the park what sh1t music sounds like really really loud on a mediocre sound system? Yes, I am really asking that. What is the point? What does this do for them? Seems like a rational question to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City