Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
The highlight & gift to me is that most of them will have severe hearing loss in the next decade or so.

Even with headphones, some of those music can be heard on the subway a half car down...I can't imagine if they can pass a hearing test.
Wait 30 years. They will get SS disability because they can't hear...if the idiots live that long....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 09:02 AM

5,121 posts, read 4,967,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
It seems like the sagging pants thing is going out of style. I notice it much less now than a few years ago.
agree. i wonder what is the next sickening style will be born...maybe holes around butt cracks?

Old 06-03-2014, 11:40 AM

675 posts, read 1,256,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
. They crank horrible music on full blast while driving around aimlessly so the entire neighborhood has to hear it because...?
To keep the party going, bringing the loud ass music they rock out to at the club on the road with them. And of course to show out.

Its like an audio "gold chain" lol. But truth be told it was way more hectic back in the 80's and 90's when it came to subwoofer car game in NY. Pretty lame now...

Old 06-03-2014, 01:14 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,280 times
Quote:
And no, I don't see guidos rolling around aimlessly blasting terrible house music or Sinatra at full clip in quiet residential neighborhoods.
I DEFINITELY have seen plenty of "guidos" and whites of all ethnicity blasting Hip Hop in their whips for the last 20 years plus. Who you think are the majority that buys hip hop records and go to the shows?

Old 06-03-2014, 01:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
don't you mean you hate any type of music blasting from anyone's car?

maybe you don't pick up chics that way, so it bothers you, huh?

sometimes I don't like it myself, but I don't trip about it either.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:25 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,891 times
Quote:
I'm talking volume cranked to the max so anybody in a 5 block radius can hear it. That's great that you like your horrible music and everything, but why have to explain this to the entire neighborhood? Particularly when you're not an 18 year old kid anymore (I see plenty of older folks doing this). No level-headed adult cares or wants to hear this crap. I promise you. Are you doing it simply for the benefit of the select other couple of mouth-breathers who also do this that may or may not be walking the street at any given time? Is it like a solidarity thing? Look, I know this is a city and cities are loud. But FFS man, do you need to circle the park blasting this nonsense when people are just trying to kick back on a weekend afternoon? Get out of your car and go for a jog or something. Put it in your earbuds and blast it if you need to. Either way, you're doing bad damage to your hearing by doing this all of the time.

And before anybody comments, I'm not a cranky old man. I am of the same age as a lot of the dudes that I see doing this. It simply baffles me. And no, I don't see guidos rolling around aimlessly blasting terrible house music or Sinatra at full clip in quiet residential neighborhoods. Or Irish kids sitting on the edge of the park cranking Dropkick Murphys so loud that the mom playing with her toddler 30 feet in can hardly talk to him/her. Just to get that out of the way...

Well I am a cranky old man and when I roll up on one of these bozos I put on my CD of Opera and turn it up louder hoping one of them will get the message

Old 06-03-2014, 02:30 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times
Quote:
Post an example, please...
Here you go available. These are in english, what do you think?

Leslie Grace - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - YouTube

How about the famous Bronx native Romeo Santos feat Usher ?

Romeo Santos Feat. Usher - Promise (English Version) - YouTube

I think it has a nice rhythmic sound. Gives the music more life.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:56 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
I DEFINITELY have seen plenty of "guidos" and whites of all ethnicity blasting Hip Hop in their whips for the last 20 years plus. Who you think are the majority that buys hip hop records and go to the shows?

Anybody would be hard pressed to find these antics from anybody else on the level of the homies flying around bumping reggaeton. Even black dudes and hip hop doesn't hold a candle. At least around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
don't you mean you hate any type of music blasting from anyone's car?

maybe you don't pick up chics that way, so it bothers you, huh?

sometimes I don't like it myself, but I don't trip about it either.
^^^lol

no i don't pick up chics that way but that is not wat bothers me

im not trippin, just curious

smh

Old 06-03-2014, 03:59 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Here you go available. These are in english, what do you think?

Leslie Grace - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - YouTube

How about the famous Bronx native Romeo Santos feat Usher ?

Romeo Santos Feat. Usher - Promise (English Version) - YouTube

I think it has a nice rhythmic sound. Gives the music more life.

The first one is a 50's tune with some sort of latin twist on the rhythm.

I friggin lost it at the second one when the dude who is not usher started singing with the bad autotune and falsetto vocals LOL. That's gold, jerry. Gold.

Either way, these are not really what I'm referring to at all.

Edit: On second thought, that second one is kind of what you hear sometimes. F'n BLASTING lol. I don't get that at all. It makes me laugh at these dudes more than anything.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:44 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,709 times
A lot of the car stereo blasting is exaggerated though. You can even hear the vehicle rattling and vibrating sounding like it's about to fall apart. And to add for those who are in the vehicle blasting loud music the sound is distorted and an earache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City