U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:05 AM

424 posts, read 497,351 times

Advertisements

Rotfl. She's turning your doorknob to intimidate you? I'm sorry, but I'm laughing incredibly hard at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 AM

15,600 posts, read 25,012,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Noise from a washer is annoying to people downstairs. It is repetitious and like a Chinese Water torture gets more and nerve-wracking as it goes on for days or weeks.

I take OP's claim of "24 hours" to more likely mean "any time of day or night." I would find a constant "grind-grind...grind grind...grind-grind" likely to make my sleep impossible and even render watching TV or listening to music intolerable.

Fact of life is that there are some people living tightly packed among others who act as inconsiderately as if they are alone on the planet.

OP, is it possible that it is ANOTHER apartment creating the din and not the one directly above you. Low pitched sounds are hard to pinpoint and carry easily along concrete floors (that's why you need only one sub-woofer.)
That might explain why no washer was found on inspection.

that statement makes no sense, because the washer would be in the kitchen, and the apt below it would be the kitchen, so how could a washer be keeping you up if your in your bedroom and it is in the kitchen???

Old 06-09-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
that statement makes no sense, because the washer would be in the kitchen, and the apt below it would be the kitchen, so how could a washer be keeping you up if your in your bedroom and it is in the kitchen???
It could be in the living room with extended hoes. I've seen it many a times in nyc.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 AM

I think the bottom line is that this person is a troll. If someone started turning my doorknob after I narked on them for their illegal washing machine, I would be calling the police. What happens if the door opens?

Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,273,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
mind your business, dont worry about what she has.
unless it leaks into your apartment, keep your mouth shut.
no dude paranoid

no girl is going to remove a heavy washing machine for inspection......

Old 06-09-2014, 04:10 PM

3,245 posts, read 4,370,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
in the living room with extended hoes. I've seen it many a times in nyc.
Your familiarity with NYC hoes is impressive!

Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,825,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
your familiarity with nyc hoes is impressive!

lol

Old 06-09-2014, 04:16 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,825,234 times
Quote:
It could be in the living room with extended hoes. I've seen it many a times in nyc.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:57 AM

21,478 posts, read 28,363,365 times
We have our co-op apartments inspected on an annual basis in the Fall. They specifically look into closets for rollaway wash machines which are VERBOTEN in this building.
But I have no doubt that some anti-social, inconsiderate dips still have them. "Oh, MY clothes are too SPESHULL (church lady) to mingle with those of the common people."
We also pay monthly per air conditioner so I imagine some people try to hide them in closets also.

But if there is ever a wash machine over my head, I guarantee that it will not be there long. And I am not stupid enough to wait for the inevitable flooding to begin complaining.

I can have some slight sympathy for people in buildings without common washers, but in a building like mine with dozens of washers, cheap fees, multiple sizes it is intolerable to take risks of flooding neighbors.
Home installations above a basement are made with drain pans and runoff plumbing so a house isn't destroyed because a dimwit broke a hose or a shutoff valve DIDN'T shut off. Draining into a kitchen sink is NOT safe for anyone under the inconsiderate ****.

Unless an apartment is made specifically to accommodate a flooding washer on a high floor it should not be done. PERIOD.

Last edited by Kefir King; 06-10-2014 at 05:10 AM..

Old 06-10-2014, 08:15 AM

15,600 posts, read 25,012,867 times
Quote:

really, wow. ???

I'm older than dirt, and I have never seen something like that in all my years of living, and I used to play with dinosaurs.

i dont even believe it.

long hoses connecting to the sink both for water entering the washer, and a super long hose coming from the washer to drain into the sink.

actually, i do not believe it at all.

there is no way this can even be true.

unless of course the living room is 6 inches from the kitchen?????/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or