Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 AM

19,026 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Reschedules are very rarely requested by the individual officer. For whatever reason, likely the DMV scheduling appearances without first checking the officer's set work schedule, the DMV is screwing around with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 09:59 AM

76 posts, read 345,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatrk View Post
Ok. The rescheduling could have been that the officer was on vacation on the days that were rescheduled. Second, if you go into court with the plan that a weather report showed that when you were stopped, it only rained 0.05 inches, the arbitrator is going to ask you "is that it?" You will say yes, they will say guilty.

Took this from the NYS DMV website:

New York State law requires you to turn on your vehicle's headlights whenever the weather conditions would ordinarily require the use of windshield wipers to clear rain, snow, sleet, and other precipitation. "Daytime running lights" do not qualify as headlights.

If it rained for a minute and you needed to use your wipers, technically, you needed to turn on your headlights as well. The daytime running lights defense will not fly.
I beat the ticket yesterday. I didn't even have to defend myself, the judge did it for me lol.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:13 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,722,538 times
Slightly off topic, but slightly on....

How does this law effectively work? Say It's raining, but I'm not using my wipers, do I need to have my lights on? I'm a firm believer in Rain-X and unless it's a torrential downpour, I never use my wipers as my windshield has always been clear anyways.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
Slightly off topic, but slightly on....

How does this law effectively work? Say It's raining, but I'm not using my wipers, do I need to have my lights on? I'm a firm believer in Rain-X and unless it's a torrential downpour, I never use my wipers as my windshield has always been clear anyways.
Whenever visibility is less than 1000 feet, or when your windshield wipers are on you need to have your headlights on.

Or 30 minutes after sunset and up to the last 30 minutes before dawn.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:18 PM

725 posts, read 804,916 times
Default Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatrk View Post
Ok. The rescheduling could have been that the officer was on vacation on the days that were rescheduled. Second, if you go into court with the plan that a weather report showed that when you were stopped, it only rained 0.05 inches, the arbitrator is going to ask you "is that it?" You will say yes, they will say guilty.

Took this from the NYS DMV website:

New York State law requires you to turn on your vehicle's headlights whenever the weather conditions would ordinarily require the use of windshield wipers to clear rain, snow, sleet, and other precipitation. "Daytime running lights" do not qualify as headlights.

If it rained for a minute and you needed to use your wipers, technically, you needed to turn on your headlights as well. The daytime running lights defense will not fly.

That's what is ridiculous about the police state: cops ticketing people for bs and hurting no one instead of focusing on keeping communities safe from murder, theft, assault and battery and vandalism.

Cops have a moral responsibility not to enforce immoral and ridiculous laws. They are the perpetrators.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW001 View Post
That's what is ridiculous about the police state: cops ticketing people for bs and hurting no one instead of focusing on keeping communities safe from murder, theft, assault and battery and vandalism.

Cops have a moral responsibility not to enforce immoral and ridiculous laws. They are the perpetrators.
I don't think judges like it either. The judge literally criticized the officer for giving me such a silly ticket. Like I said before, I didn't say anything lol he (the judge) basically defended me and then found me not guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: