Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:35 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I get that. It's quite obvious. Education does have an affect, the problem is many if not all the people on this board won't publically say I'm right cause then it would compromise the gravy train.

All I'm saying is if the PUBLIC wants affordable housing via RS then the PUBLIC should foot the bill, not the landlord which is the case.

Once that is changed, tenants and landlords of RS apartments will be happy campers.
You've never heard of Section 8, various HRA housing programs, NYCHA, etc?

Do you want your rent stabilized units converted into Section 8 units?

All you have to do is buy a Section 8 building and you can get government money for your units if that's what you desire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 07:57 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You've never heard of Section 8, various HRA housing programs, NYCHA, etc?

Do you want your rent stabilized units converted into Section 8 units?

All you have to do is buy a Section 8 building and you can get government money for your units if that's what you desire.
You need some education KK. It appears to me that you think the Bronx fetches the same rents as Manhattan if the Bronx apartment become deregulated. And if that's what you're saying. You are totally WRONG, as usual. You're living in your own little bubble of the world.

I only have about 4 Rent Stabilized tenants who obviously are long-time tenants paying below market rents averaging about $600 below market. Market rent for the Bronx is LESS than market rent for Manhattan.

The remaining Rent Stabilized tenants I have are already paying MARKET rents despite still being RS. In fact, all my RS tenants who pay market rents having higher legal regulated rents. Meaning that the rents my RS market rent tenants pay are PREFERENTIAL RENTS (discounted rents) from the high legal regulated rent. Why do I give them a DISCOUNTED RENT? Because the legal regulated rent is above and beyond the MARKET rents for the Bronx. If I charged all my RS tenants the higher legal regulated rent, they would all move because the rent is too high for the AREA.

My free market apartment who were once RS pay the SAME market rent as my RS market rent tenants. This is the Bronx, NOT Manhattan. Please tell me you understand this simple concept I just broke down to you. The Bronx is NOT Manhattan. Totally different markets yet the RS laws are applies across the board not taking into consideration that each borough has different rental markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City