Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 04:08 PM

1,486 posts, read 2,225,782 times

Advertisements

Bay Ridge...so I guess we'll be hearing any day now that diehipster has either hung himself or moved to West Virginia...."stay north of the line or else!" lol ---Diehipster 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 08:45 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,096,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoros View Post
You'll probably see them more along the J/Z vs the A/C or the 3/4 in the coming years. It's the natural progression from Bushwick, Bed-Stuy. That area seems to be more safe/chill, than the areas south of Atlantic or Livonia.
They're definitely safer, but the A/C & 3/4 offer better service (more frequent service, and service to more parts of Manhattan, not to mention express service). So it wouldn't shock me to see hipsters around say, Euclid/Pitkin.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:31 AM

929 posts, read 1,652,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Lock Yard? Never really any hipsters there either and it is delicious. Had a bacon and cheese covered hot dog with a side of waffle fries also covered in cheese. Mm. I just ate at the other restaurant (BBC) shown in the slideshow and it was a little expensive for me.
Never been to Lock Yard, that's just the attention they received. I'll have to try it sometime, as I'm a fan of a good beer and junk food.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:06 AM

18,373 posts, read 31,471,712 times
Bay Ridge isn't that far, I would not call it the far reaches of Brooklyn. Besides, not every ones life revolves around Manhattan. I'm in Bath Beach, that is even further than BR, yet by train I am at W4th in 45 minutes, no big deal. Thousands of Brooklynites do it daily, it can be done.

I too am sick of the term hipster......

The parking in BR however is absolutely horrid.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:45 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,257,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Bay Ridge isn't that far, I would not call it the far reaches of Brooklyn. Besides, not every ones life revolves around Manhattan. I'm in Bath Beach, that is even further than BR, yet by train I am at W4th in 45 minutes, no big deal. Thousands of Brooklynites do it daily, it can be done.

I too am sick of the term hipster......

The parking in BR however is absolutely horrid.
I think Bay Ridge is further than ENY and Brownsville, IMO.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:10 AM

1,402 posts, read 2,010,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
East NY is definitely farther, both from a sheer distance and public transport perspective. Have not been to Brownsville, but when speaking to others from there about their commute from there, it sounds like it's comparable by subway.

People have been getting it wrong about this hipster thing, btw - Sunset Park has been getting the hipster influx, Bay Ridge has been getting the Park Slope refugees.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:20 AM

18,373 posts, read 31,471,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
East NY is definitely farther, both from a sheer distance and public transport perspective. Have not been to Brownsville, but when speaking to others from there about their commute from there, it sounds like it's comparable by subway.

People have been getting it wrong about this hipster thing, btw - Sunset Park has been getting the hipster influx, Bay Ridge has been getting the Park Slope refugees.

exactly. sunset is the new hipster ville, kill me now.

and yes ENY is definetely further than BR

Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 AM

343 posts, read 1,023,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Exactly. Bay ridge to downtown Brooklyn takes 29 minutes on the R. And the majority of the neighborhood is far away from the train.

New Lots avenue to downtown Brooklyn 20 minutes on the 3. Less if you switch to the 4 at Utica.
25-30 minutes to Union Square on the L, and 20 minutes to Downtown on the A.

East New York and Brownsville are better covered by public transportation: A,C,3,4,J,Z,L than Bay Ridge.

Bay ridge is 14.3 miles from Manhattan
East NY is 10.0

Old 06-26-2014, 09:26 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,257,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and yes ENY is definetely further than BR
Broadway Junction is a major transportation hub serving ENY. ENY has the L, the A/C, the 3, the J/Z and the LIRR. Whether I take the train, drive, bike, walk or run, nobody is beating me to Manhattan from Bay Ridge if I'm in ENY.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:25 PM

8,012 posts, read 11,359,040 times
There will always be young people taking over somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City