Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 02:17 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextreven40 View Post
No conversation here. You're assuming things that's not true. You must be an agent.
I'm not an agent. I've had real estate transactions so I know from experience what I'm talking about. Based on what you're saying and not saying (you couldn't even answer a simple "yes or no" question), you have no idea how real estate works. She did absolutely nothing wrong. Now you're saying she's the seller's agent, which means she is not obligated to you. You chose to use another agent. Lesson learned. And why do you refer to her as "your agent" when you said you never met and never made an appointment?

And I stick by comment. I'm pretty sure my assumption is accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 02:27 PM

13 posts, read 10,458 times
No contract signed. But the issue here is she did not give me a chance to counter offer with downpayment. Even if I paid all cash she wouldn't let me because of the incident. The seller would never know all bids on table. That is violation of code of ethics in real estate.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
All the answers posted above pretty much sum up everything.
You must be desperate agent.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
What do you expect? You didn't show up for your agent because you were with another agent, and you missed out.

Get over it and move on.
We never made apt. Read carefully

Old 07-07-2014, 07:28 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Right, so there was nothing done wrong here. You didn't have a written contract with any of these agents, so they had no responsibility to you, as you had none to them.

There is no legal battle to be fought on this issue. Unfortunately, a seller is able to chose whichever offer they want, and the seller chose the other offer over yours.

Suck it up and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lextreven40 View Post
We never made apt. Read carefully
You've answered my post twice now. You obviously have reading comprehension issues.

Read carefully: IT'S OVER. GO GET YOUR OWN AGENT AND FIND ANOTHER PLACE.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:49 PM

18 posts, read 18,829 times
Hey OP,

I am a real estate agent and the listing agent did nothing wrong.

You are complaining that the listing broker did not let you bid fairly however you stated that you had a chance to raise your original offer to the asking price after being informed that there was a higher bid - this WAS your chance to bid fairly.

So you countered along with all the other bids and the owner decided to take the strongest one at that moment in time. There's no foul play here.

Perhaps if you expressed to the listing broker after you raised your offer to ask that you had wiggle room in your down payment or offer then she and the owner would have kept you in mind. However if you didn't disclose this to either of them, how are they suppose to know?

My advice to you for future properties as I always do for my clients is to have great rapport and communication with the listing broker so you can gain as much information about the bidding landscape as possible. This will help you determine whether you want to come in strong and go for the kill or play games and risk losing the apartment.

Go get em!

-Andrew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: