U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2019, 02:39 PM

58 posts, read 63,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCwork718 View Post
thanks, what number were you first and what were you the 2nd time around?
At this point I don't remember that well - maybe 11th the first time and 6th the second time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 07:44 AM

18 posts, read 9,906 times
Update from me: Just got another letter to view one studio last week. I am the 8th for studio according to the letter. It was a 3rm studio and it was great; not sure if I can get it tho (probably not since there are 7 applicants in front of me). Haven't received a phone call or a letter about the result yet. This is the third time I received a letter to view an the apartment. Fingers crossed!

Old 03-20-2019, 07:58 AM

5 posts, read 2,573 times
Wow congrats Meow. I am surprised you only view one studio. Keep us updated you will prob see a lot more studios soon.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:52 AM

8 posts, read 2,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeow18 View Post
Update from me: Just got another letter to view one studio last week. I am the 8th for studio according to the letter. It was a 3rm studio and it was great; not sure if I can get it tho (probably not since there are 7 applicants in front of me). Haven't received a phone call or a letter about the result yet. This is the third time I received a letter to view an the apartment. Fingers crossed!
wow nice, did it have a balcony? what number were you the last time around?

GOODLUCK!

Old 03-20-2019, 10:43 AM

Yes, it has a sunny balcony and a sleeping alcove. I was the 12th last time and the 20th the first time I received a letter.
Thanks and good luck to you as well

Old 03-22-2019, 03:59 PM

107 posts, read 129,831 times
Sounds awesome! Good Luck

Old 03-26-2019, 09:35 AM

9 posts, read 6,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
I got a letter saying we didnít get any of the apartments we viewed.
Hi Dreamernyc,
Do u know how many internal applicants in the 2 bedroom without balcony waiting list? So you are currently at 11 for the external list? And u got a letter before. Wondering how many ppl they call out to bview the aps? Like 30 ppl in once?

Thanks

Old 03-27-2019, 12:23 PM

I was wondering why the price for the studio increases each time I was called to view the apartment. It's already a few thousand dollars more this month compare to when I was first called to view the apartment in Sept 2018. So I went and checked on the Penn South website and found out " The purchase price (equity) for each apartment is determined by the number of rooms. As of February 2019, the equity per room is $32,438.88. For example, the equity for a three-and-a-half room apartment would be $113,952.89. This amount increases monthly. "

Do any of you know the price increases monthly?

Old 04-08-2019, 06:08 AM

143 posts, read 194,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeow18 View Post
I was wondering why the price for the studio increases each time I was called to view the apartment. It's already a few thousand dollars more this month compare to when I was first called to view the apartment in Sept 2018. So I went and checked on the Penn South website and found out " The purchase price (equity) for each apartment is determined by the number of rooms. As of February 2019, the equity per room is $32,438.88. For example, the equity for a three-and-a-half room apartment would be $113,952.89. This amount increases monthly. "

Do any of you know the price increases monthly?
I'm not living there yet, but I know that they had a major HVAC overhaul within the last ten or so years, which made the prices go up, but I don't know about anything recently. Maybe there is a new project in the works? Just speculation on my part.

I hope you get the apartment! Good luck!

hkcg

Old 04-10-2019, 06:46 AM

Good News! A month after we viewed the apartment we didn't think we would get a call but the office called us and offered us the studio!!! We scheduled to bring our paperwork to the office this week and I will provide further updates once I found out more. So excited!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or