Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:45 AM

111 posts, read 146,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
Hey Johnnyboy

i went to the medical yesterday and you were right about it being time consuming :/ and the paperwork was brutal but overall it was pretty easy. I passed all my examinations and i have my psychological on the 24th. I contacted my investigator as soon as i got home to! Now i have to fill out the APD forms online that they told us about, am gonna prepare all the paperwork to bring to my investigator when i get the first interview. It's moving pretty quickly. Some of the officers over there knew i took the PO exam to lol! I just told them i need to get 60 credits but they told something about FEMA online and getting credits from there?
That's good news! I was told to come back on the 24th at 2:30pm to see the doctor, I got a call last night to come in on the on the 23rd instead at 7am on Monday, Hopefully I get to take the Psychological exam on the 24th with you..and I'm going to check out FEMA. I'm basically done with my APD paperwork I started it Monday.

Last edited by johnnyboy55; 02-18-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 11:44 AM

344 posts, read 606,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy55 View Post
That's good news! I was told to come back on the 24th at 2:30pm to see the doctor, I got a call last night to come in on the on the 23rd instead at 7am on Monday, Hopefully I get to take the Psychological exam on the 24th with you..and I'm going to check out FEMA. I'm basically done with my APD paperwork I started it Monday.
I have my psychological at 2:00pm on the 24th. I completed my APD forms already also, that was long but simple, i need to get them notarized though! All i need is a printout from the S.S Administration which is a block away lol! Do we have to print out 2 copies of the APD forms? I have 29 already, but do i need 29 more? it says two copies

Old 02-18-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I have my psychological at 2:00pm on the 24th. I completed my APD forms already also, that was long but simple, i need to get them notarized though! All i need is a printout from the S.S Administration which is a block away lol! Do we have to print out 2 copies of the APD forms? I have 29 already, but do i need 29 more? it says two copies
When you contacted your Investigator, what did you tell them? did you just email him/her the info they ask you to.. like your name, exam/list number telephone etc like it said on the paper? did the officer tell you to contact your investigator before you left? since I just have to go back on Monday for a check up the officer just told me to come back because I was on review... should I still email my Investigator you think?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
When you contacted your Investigator, what did you tell them? did you just email him/her the info they ask you to.. like your name, exam/list number telephone etc like it said on the paper? did the officer tell you to contact your investigator before you left? since I just have to go back on Monday for a check up the officer just told me to come back because I was on review... should I still email my Investigator you think?
As soon as I got home, I emailed my investigator the info on the forms said. You should email you're investigator to that way, he/she will email you as soon as possible. Hopefully I get the appointment with mine so since I filled out all the APD forms.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
As soon as I got home, I emailed my investigator the info on the forms said. You should email you're investigator to that way, he/she will email you as soon as possible. Hopefully I get the appointment with mine so since I filled out all the APD forms.
Yea, if you printed out 29 pages you should have a total of 58 pages.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Yea, if you printed out 29 pages you should have a total of 58 pages.
Perfect! All I need to do is get them notarized now guess I have to wait for my investigator to call me or email me. Maybe we'll be able to get into the academy after all next month

Old 02-18-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Perfect! All I need to do is get them notarized now guess I have to wait for my investigator to call me or email me. Maybe we'll be able to get into the academy after all next month
Yea man, I just can't wait till Monday to clear that EKG. so I can be schedule to take the psyc exam hopefully same week.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Yea man, I just can't wait till Monday to clear that EKG. so I can be schedule to take the psyc exam hopefully same week.
You probably will. You might get it the next day! Do you know if they really check the references they put? I had to mostly put my managers etc. I know, if you have a clean background you're basically on the job. Like the references don't apply. Just part of the paperwork.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You probably will. You might get it the next day! Do you know if they really check the references they put? I had to mostly put my managers etc. I know, if you have a clean background you're basically on the job. Like the references don't apply. Just part of the paperwork.
To be honest I don't think you can use managers it state it, you can do co-workers, friends, It state no ( Employers, relatives) wouldn't employers also managers?

Old 02-18-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
To be honest I don't think you can use managers it state it, you can do co-workers, friends, It state no ( Employers, relatives) wouldn't employers also managers?
Exactly but I put them as friends as well since I worked withem for a year. I used family friends as well but not neighbors. I don't think it matters to much lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City