Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 03:01 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
So guess who got arrested last night on assault charges......DRUM ROLL PLEASE! It's CHRISSIE ORTIZ!

That's right ladies and gentlemen, the wife of 25 time arrested and convicted felon Orta has been arrested on assault charges stemming from an altercation with another women.

This isn't even a story, truth be told it's a non-story. It's just another day in the hood.

Chrissie Ortiz, wife of Ramsey Orta, arrested on assault charges, police say | SILive.com
Savages have a hard time not reveling in their savagery when the spotlight is on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 04:31 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Savages have a hard time not reveling in their savagery when the spotlight is on them.
Who is getting arrested next, the mother? :-)

Old 08-06-2014, 06:48 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Like I said this would have been a non story but because the whole area is a tinderbox it makes the front page of the Advance, who are loving every second of this.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:10 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,546,674 times
If there was no video, this would have turned out very differently. That is a fact. Remember, folks this death was over an accusation of selling cigarettes illegally.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Civil service asks about convictions not arrests. A misdemeanor may bar you from employment a felony will bar you.

I agree but there are more jobs than civil service. Think federal, security and politics!

Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
It's a lack of intelligence that gets people repeatedly arrested and they deserve it, due to their lack of intelligence. If you can't figure out how to avoid trouble, then you deserve to due time just for your sheer stupidity.

How about that?

And yes, none of the former Presidents were smoking marijuana on street corners in bad neighborhoods, setting themselves up to get busted by the cops.

Thugs like you create an alternative universe where they can lie and lie and lie and lie.

Having lived in bad neighborhoods and having seen the police bust people, the vast majority of people who are busted by the cops are criminals.

As for why the city has the stance it does on so called "minorities" (even under de Blasio) put it like this.

A city government is defacto a business. They need revenue coming in. Big businesses and hipsters bring in revenue. The criminal minorities you worship take revenue away from the city with no positive contribution. Grown men hanging on the corner who apparently don't work and have nothing to do bring the neighborhood down, don't contribute in the form or work and taxes, but instead drain the city of servicesetc. So the city uses the NYPD to clear these antisocial elements out of certain neighborhoods in transition (Bedstuy, Harlem, Spanish Harlem, Ft. Greene), and the real estate industry, as well as certain investors (Columbia is expanding in Harlem) love it.

Frankly, I don't like people who blast music really loud, throw garbage out of their windows, or other low class ghetto behavior. To tell you the truth I completely despise them. On many issues I am liberal, but on how I feel about ghetto behavior I tend to agree with people like Airborneguy and Hilltopjay. I have no tolerance and no sympathy for trash. I don't. I moved out of such a hellhole neighborhood that I lived in for a few months too long and I've worked hard to be able to live in a much better place. So yes, I love the NYPD for all the good work they've done for the city. And I am happy certain people got pushed out of certain neighborhoods, in fact I celebrate it.

But back to the issue of services, I have no problem with law abiding poor people who are not disruptive. Just because you are poor doesn't make you a savage.

Frankly, your lack of imagination and understanding of life beyond your own tiny sphere of existence is staggering.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
I agree but there are more jobs than civil service. Think federal, security and politics!
Let's face it, people in the hood who constantly get into trouble with the police are never the types to be able to get into politics. Don't pretend these people are on career paths.

An arrest (not a conviction) is not necessarily a bar to employment for the federal government or politics. De Blasio as public advocate got arrested during a protest of a closing hospital. Didn't stop him from successfully running for mayor.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Frankly, your lack of imagination and understanding of life beyond your own tiny sphere of existence is staggering.
It's your lack of imagination and inability to understand most people outside your sphere don't care about certain idiots who can't keep themselves from repeatedly getting into trouble.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:52 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Who is getting arrested next, the mother? :-)
Widow or baby momma?
http://static1.nydailynews.com/polop...l19n-3-web.jpg
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...ys_family.html
"Jewel Miller, the mother of Garner's newborn daughter ... said she and Garner are separated"

Last edited by bigjake54; 08-06-2014 at 10:18 PM..

Old 08-06-2014, 10:01 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Widow or baby momma?
My money's on the baby momma!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City