Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:16 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,915,268 times

Advertisements

I was in Bay Ridge 2 weeks ago and saw a S79, so I said to myself "Why? Wynaut?" and jumped on.

Pics are mainly along Richmond Avenue and Hylan Boulevard.

Here's some pictures of Richmond Avenue by the SI Mall-

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 02:16 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,983 times
Grew up near here... It really hasn't changed much at all since then.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:04 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,915,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Grew up near here... It really hasn't changed much at all since then.
It looks like a lovely neighborhood. There's a small possibility that I might move to Staten Island myself very soon, likely New Dorp.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:47 PM

432 posts, read 551,784 times
New Dorp, very solid area. Hasn't changed much, except near the train station, a lot of newcomers in the past few years

Old 08-08-2014, 08:56 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,791 times
I have been in New Dorp beach for almost 12 years and I really love it down here. It still has a "neighborhood" feel to it. I'm close to the beach, which I used very often until Sandy I see stars at night from my house,Miller field is close by, Gateway Park, the boardwalk etc... my commute to work is decent. Lot's of shopping. Everything you need is on New Dorp lane. You could live you entire life without every going outside the boundaries of Tysens Lane to New Dorp Lane. It's a great place to live.

Grew up in Eltingville, closer to Arthur Kill rd. It was ok. I would rather be closer to the Blvd.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:45 PM

19,044 posts, read 13,959,968 times
I grew up in New Dorp and would love to move back, but at this point I'm more likely to leave this whole region in a few years so no sense selling my current house one neighborhood over.

As Thomas said, New Dorp still has that old neighborhood feel. I went to my old block's party last week and it was as lively and fun as ever. Lots of kids still playing and having fun like it was when I grew up.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:32 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I grew up in New Dorp and would love to move back, but at this point I'm more likely to leave this whole region in a few years so no sense selling my current house one neighborhood over.

As Thomas said, New Dorp still has that old neighborhood feel. I went to my old block's party last week and it was as lively and fun as ever. Lots of kids still playing and having fun like it was when I grew up.
I am going to have to move in a year or two. I need a bigger house. When I bought this place 12 years ago it was just me and the chick I was engaged to.We broke up and it was just me for a while, now I have new significant other and a 2 year old. The house is perfect for one person or a young couple starting out with a baby. We are feeling the crunch. We have out grown the house.

Not sure where I am going to. Most likely stay on SI,I would prefer to stay close to the blvd and not go pass Arden ave, or New Dorp lane. I would love to move to Oakwood. I think it's the best of both worlds for us. although NJ is a possibility.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:49 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
The pictures remind me of the scene in 28 Days Later when everyone in England gets turned into a zombie and the main character walks around the streets without seeing a single person

Old 08-09-2014, 10:41 PM

Exactly the way I like it! Although to be fair, those photos are way more devoid of people than normal for even those areas.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
I am going to have to move in a year or two. I need a bigger house. When I bought this place 12 years ago it was just me and the chick I was engaged to.We broke up and it was just me for a while, now I have new significant other and a 2 year old. The house is perfect for one person or a young couple starting out with a baby. We are feeling the crunch. We have out grown the house.

Not sure where I am going to. Most likely stay on SI,I would prefer to stay close to the blvd and not go pass Arden ave, or New Dorp lane. I would love to move to Oakwood. I think it's the best of both worlds for us. although NJ is a possibility.
I'm in the same boat with the size of my house. We turned the garage into a bedroom and the very, very small attic into my work shop so that we could stay here. It just isn't worth all the costs of selling and re-buying knowing that we will very likely move far away in about 5-8 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City