Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:51 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
I don't really believe anyone hates another human for being down on their luck. Most people here (should be everyone) will agree that what we dislike is those who abuse the system and make government assistance a career choice.
The people you're talking about will NEVER get an apartment in these buildings, so why do you keep bringing them up?

You need to be EMPLOYED and it's not going to be poverty wages either.

Many of you sound like you are jealous of these people. I don't get it. If your lives are going so well, then why do you care that a few get a chance to hobnob and live among the rich?

The people moving in here will be solidly middle class not poor. You don't even want the middle class to get a chance at nice living?

Quote:
Everyone should be concerned. only About 50 percent of Americans pay taxes. So if you are middle class or barely getting by, can't you see how so many people are bitter towards the abusers that they get a free ride while others of sweat away?
But it will be the MIDDLE CLASS living in those buildings, though.

Quote:
What's the % going to be in 10 or 20 years?? Things better somehow get turned around in this country or we are all in trouble.
All because a small amount of apartments will be going to some lucky middle class folks? Seriously??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 08:53 PM

34,004 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
I don't really believe anyone hates another human for being down on their luck. Most people here (should be everyone) will agree that what we dislike is those who abuse the system and make government assistance a career choice.

Everyone should be concerned. only About 50 percent of Americans pay taxes. So if you are middle class or barely getting by, can't you see how so many people are bitter towards the abusers that they get a free ride while others of sweat away?

What's the % going to be in 10 or 20 years?? Things better somehow get turned around in this country or we are all in trouble. And its not fear mongering, its basic economic common sense.

I'm no economist, but it seems to me that if only 4 Out of 10 people are paying taxes, and the other 6 are taking from that money and not contributing, we have a problem here.

Come on, you're a smart guy. Can't you see the average joe and jane's problem with this?
I was directly responding to this. Pay attention to the bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Why? Because it teaches them its okay to be poor.

This is why I hate the poor and their elitist supporters.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-13-2014, 09:03 PM

287 posts, read 593,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
The people you're talking about will NEVER get an apartment in these buildings, so why do you keep bringing them up?

You need to be EMPLOYED and it's not going to be poverty wages either.

Many of you sound like you are jealous of these people. I don't get it. If your lives are going so well, then why do you care that a few get a chance to hobnob and live among the rich?

The people moving in here will be solidly middle class not poor. You don't even want the middle class to get a chance at nice living?

But it will be the MIDDLE CLASS living in those buildings, though.

All because a small amount of apartments will be going to some lucky middle class folks? Seriously??

Marilyn,

My post was a response to what SeventhFloor said....

And why do I care? i think I stated that already.

Nobody hates the poor. I use to make $1000 a month and my rent alone was $800. I know what struggling is.

Just to give you some background - so you stop accusing me of being a sweater-wearing waspy millionaire who is detached from understanding anyone living in poverty.

Try eating eggs and cereal (some of the cheapest things you can buy) for 2 and a half years. Yuck!!

Old 08-13-2014, 09:16 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Marilyn,

My post was a response to what SeventhFloor said....

And why do I care? i think I stated that already.

Nobody hates the poor. I use to make $1000 a month and my rent alone was $800. I know what struggling is.

Just to give you some background - so you stop accusing me of being a sweater-wearing waspy millionaire who is detached from understanding anyone living in poverty.
LMAO! Look, stop making me laugh. I really didn't have this vision of you dressed this way, but I cracked up at thinking about it. LOLOL!

Quote:
Try eating eggs and cereal (some of the cheapest things you can buy) for 2 and a half years. Yuck!!
I guess for a man, it's a bad thing, but as a woman, at least I'd be able to keep the weight off without extra exercise. Lol

Old 08-13-2014, 09:31 PM

287 posts, read 593,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
LMAO! Look, stop making me laugh. I really didn't have this vision of you dressed this way, but I cracked up at thinking about it. LOLOL!

I guess for a man, it's a bad thing, but as a woman, at least I'd be able to keep the weight off without extra exercise. Lol

My cholesterol was through the roof back then

Old 08-13-2014, 09:55 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Never mind now they are coming for places like Westchester, Garden City etc....I'll say it again, it is nothing but legalized/government sanctioned block busting.
Block busting: the practice of persuading owners to sell property cheaply because of the fear of people of another race or class moving into the neighborhood, and thus profiting by reselling at a higher price.

So are you suggesting that the left wing, liberal democrats are purposely pushing inclusionary house down the throats of desirable neighborhoods to purposely lower their property values so the owners can sell on the cheap?

Old 08-14-2014, 04:21 AM

148 posts, read 247,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
As one has repeatedly stated in debates regarding "inclusionary" housing schemes being pushed by NYC and even the current presidential administration, the liberal/Left/Democrats have a larger agenda. Finally someone has come out and said so in black and white.

Open the Door to an Inclusive NYC*|*Mark Levine

Contrary to popular belief the idea of moving low income families into "better areas" is not just about housing. No, not a bit but the liberal/progressive/Democrat idea that putting such persons into "wealthy" areas will give them access to the same services such as better schools, supermarkets, and so forth. It is nothing short of a new form of block busting.
WRONG.

It's to lock residents into a contract that they must PERPETUALLY make a lower class wage or be kicked out. To turn them into service slaves and destroy their ambitions.

They will BE THE SERVICE in the neighborhood. Only service jobs pay such terrible wages of 20-30k. Its essentially saying you can work for your masters indefinitely or you can leave for good.

Don't even for a second suggest that being an eternal slave unable to save money is a desired end result. Part of the problem gentrified neighborhoods face is that they need to have staff, laborers and service people, something no yuppie hipster trustfund kid wants to do.

The new Brooklyn is here.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:38 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Pity the Rich...soon they may actually have to SEE the poor, and not just the ones that they are paying to clean their toilets.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:31 AM

298 posts, read 706,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Pity the Rich...soon they may actually have to SEE the poor, and not just the ones that they are paying to clean their toilets.
This is nonsense. I'm not even rich and I don't see my cleaning woman, she just does it while I'm at work.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:03 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
But Kefir King, you're rich. Why are you bashing yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City