Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:41 PM

250 posts, read 269,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
I couldn't care less about conversations here. I'm talking about the Sharptons and the talking heads in the media. Not a peep.
Search results for | National Action Network

National Youth Day of Action Against Gun Violence | National Action Network

Quote:
National Action Network (NAN) has been on a multi-city tour across the country to shed light on gun violence. Rev. Sharpton himself personally rented an apartment in Chicago where he has been visiting regularly to deal with gun violence. This past Sunday, in Los Angeles, the NAN Chapter held a Peace March against Gun Violence, and in other markets where there are NAN chapters anti-violence is an integral part of the platform.
NAN Youth Move “Huddle” is a weekly program that allows young people to converse in a setting that is informal, safe, and with their peers, about issues of relevance in the community. The last “Huddle” of 2013 featured the star of VH1’s Black Inc. Crew Puma.
National Action Network Hold Anti-Gun Violence ‘Lie-In’ | Sharpton Entertainment, LLC.

Quote:
The National Action Network, 100 Suits for 100 men and Youth Move staged an anti-gun violence ‘lie-in’ in Jamaica, Queens. Yesterday set a tone of peace, and brought attention to the issue of gun violence that is plaguing our communities. The first person you can change is yourself. Any person can shoot a gun. Accept God’s challenge called life and LIVE! PUT THE GUNS DOWN. Thank you to everyone who helped organize and who thought it not robbery to attend the ‘lie-in’.
First of all, your fake concern for those shooting victims is showing.

Second, all it took was a FUQQING GOOGLE SEARCH to prove you wrong! You can google MILFS and other kinds of s*** but you are too damn lazy to even google "Al Shaprton Gun Violence Rally". And I'm not a huge fan of Sharpton but you can't say he has talked or rallied against gun violence. I would like to see more energy into anti-gun violence rallies as there is in police involved shootings like in Ferguson but to say there ISN'T a conversation or rallies is flat out wrong.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:45 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,772,015 times
Grand central attack
59st Lexington attack

Did you include those too?

Old 08-17-2014, 02:04 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
I couldn't care less about conversations here. I'm talking about the Sharptons and the talking heads in the media. Not a peep.

Al Sharpton protesting against who? Criminals? Yes that will really reduce crime.

If you don't know that there is tremendous conversation about crime, community volunteer groups, pastors involved in mobilizing people to deal woth the problem maybe you should stop using FOX TV as your source of information.

Why not tell FOX TV that there are many community groups involved in stop the violence initiatives and that they get very little help?

Old 08-17-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHaitianYankee View Post
Actually there are marches all the time in Brooklyn to battle crime. There was one not to long ago. I'm not surprised that you didn't know. Well that's because as usual you love checking up on ghetto blacks committing crime.

Not your fault either. The news isn't thrilled to cover such stories.

No they don't know because they don't want to know. Marches, community volunteer groups, gun buy backs, mentoring of youth, so many initiatives but those who feel that its OK for police to be an occupying force, rather than working with these groups will never want to admit that they exist.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belltolls View Post
Search results for | National Action Network

National Youth Day of Action Against Gun Violence | National Action Network

National Action Network Hold Anti-Gun Violence ‘Lie-In’ | Sharpton Entertainment, LLC.

First of all, your fake concern for those shooting victims is showing.

Second, all it took was a FUQQING GOOGLE SEARCH to prove you wrong! You can google MILFS and other kinds of s*** but you are too damn lazy to even google "Al Shaprton Gun Violence Rally". And I'm not a huge fan of Sharpton but you can't say he has talked or rallied against gun violence. I would like to see more energy into anti-gun violence rallies as there is in police involved shootings like in Ferguson but to say there ISN'T a conversation or rallies is flat out wrong.

Maybe people need to ask why the MEDIA doesn't cover it, because their knowledge of blacks is limited to FOX TV< so if they don't cover it then these folks don't know.

Yet they appoint themselves as experts on blacks, even telling us things about what blacks should do, as if this isn't being done.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:20 PM

675 posts, read 1,255,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
No they don't know because they don't want to know. Marches, community volunteer groups, gun buy backs, mentoring of youth, so many initiatives but those who feel that its OK for police to be an occupying force, rather than working with these groups will never want to admit that they exist.
And its these same programs that have contributed greatly to the DRAMATIC drop in violent crimes in these neighborhoods but are rarely given the adequate credit

Old 08-17-2014, 04:33 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belltolls View Post
Here we go.

And Henna calls ME the race baiter. Pfft!
You seem a little oversensitive. And I never said you were the only race baiter. In fact, my whole point in that other thread was that there are plenty on here.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:37 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times
Quote:
I have always found it amazing that certain race baitors will use stats in a bias matter to put down blacks. That's not how analyzing stats work.
This is why it's important to distinguish between facts and truth. The former can be, and often is, used as a mask to support a lie.

I love the fake concern over the plight of black people: low key, passive-aggressive shade on black people. The tactics are always interesting.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:58 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
Then you're in the wrong place, go place your complaints with "whitey" that controls all the corporate media outlets
Currently ...? "Whitey"-controlling-the-media-outlets is looking at huge profits in formerly very low income areas. Thus, he ? she ? (don't know if you have an inclination there) is selectively reporting on crime.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:03 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Two Hispanic men were murdered on 151st and broadway. That's a heavily Dominican area, so how does the OP know that the perps were black?
S/he doesn't, and said "black / minority."

And in fact, on the Terrace, one of the teenagers (both were shooters, at each other and at others around) who died was hispanic. Race - no idea.

Yeah, it really is much smarter to exhaustively discuss the terms of discussion rather than to use that energy to find solutions. Because it is a fact that the overwhelming majority of shootings around here are by black teenagers. A problem direly needing a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: