Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:09 AM

16 posts, read 11,912 times

Advertisements

what do you want to mean? I don't understand..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 10:17 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,707,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godknight View Post
In some NYC projects, people throw objects off the roofs or through windows at police officers below.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
In some NYC projects, people throw objects off the roofs or through windows at police officers below.
ok, but in France we can see same situations, in the suburbs it's rocks or something like that, so it's not very important for me, that don't stop me !

Old 09-02-2014, 02:04 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
It's just a little friendly reminder that the hood rats don't particularly care for you.

Last edited by Above Average Bear; 09-02-2014 at 02:18 PM..

Old 09-02-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
It's just a little friendly reminder that the hood rats don't particularly care for you.
Ok thanks, never mind.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:31 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Cliquez ici pour plus d'information: FAQ | NYPDRECRUIT.COM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should translate this into English since other languages are against TOS on the open forum.

No need. I speak zero French, but I can tell that says something along the lines of 'click this for information.'

Old 09-03-2014, 06:19 PM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
I think that you have a romanticized vision of American law enforcement from watching American movies and television programs. I believe that you THINK you understand the type of friction that the American police must deal with because of what you perceive to be similar conflicts in urban neighborhoods.

Until recently, France has had a fairly homogeneous population. Historically the clashes were between classes. The racial and ethnic divides (minus some of the problems with the Basques) caused by immigration, the conficts in the suburbs of Paris and other large cities such as Lyons are relatively new problems.

The United States has never been a homogeneous population. From the early days of the settlers, through establishment of the American government, the civil war, confiscating land from Native peoples throughout all 50 states, mutliple waves of immigration for hundreds of years, the expansion of cities during the 20th century, there has been strife between different ethnicities over rights and territory. It is entrenched in our history and culture. The attitudes and methods of keeping people from killing each other are very different between the French and the Americans. An example would be the French debate over whether students are allowed to wear certain articles of clothing that are part of their native culture and the display of religious symbols in pieces of jewelry in public schools. Americans would handle this situation very differently and I dont' want to start a huge discussion here about the constitution and federal vs. local laws. The point is that I don't think you are completely aware of the many differences in values and attitudes between the Americans and the French which would affect peacekeeping and law enforcement.

Here is an idea. Come here on a student visa and attend a school in NYC that specializes in law enforcement education, such as John Jay College. I do not know if you would be accepted by the school as a student or whether this would fit with your life plans, but it is a suggestion to help you decide if this is something that you wish to do with your life.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:55 AM

900 posts, read 2,371,654 times
Maybe watch the movie "The French Connection".

j/k

Old 09-06-2014, 05:26 AM

Ok, I think that's gonna be more simple in France.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:40 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Ok, I think that's gonna be more simple in France.
This may help you with your decision;

A Cop's Life: Rookie To Retiree In 20 Years | VICE United States
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City