Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:36 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayBed-Stuy View Post
people with that mentality should not be cops and especially should not be patroling black neighborhoods or black events like the West Indian Parade.
Do you think that they are volunteering for those assignments?
As usual, I defer to CR on this subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdQg7jTXUt8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPBaOKX7tJQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 09:41 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
They shouldn't be police officers, period.

The parade is just one day. That pig has that attitude towards minorities during every single one of his/her shifts as an NYPD officer. Do you think it's possible for someone who thinks like that to put it to the side and treat people impartially? I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayBed-Stuy View Post
I agree - I think that people with that mentality should not be cops and especially should not be patroling black neighborhoods or black events like the West Indian Parade.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
They shouldn't be police officers, period.
"Who are the bigger racists? Black people or white people?"
Everyone has prejudices. White officers hate blacks, black officers hate latinos, latino officers hate asians, Asian officers hate gays, gay officers hate females, female officers hate males ... have we come full circle yet? Still, they manage to work together, in hating the skeeves of all races, genders & orientations, as well as politicians & their own bosses.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:02 AM

A person's racist beliefs are an issue when they are in a position of power to abuse, without fear of repercussion, the people they have those racist feelings about.

I don't care if Joe Blow from Mahopac can't stand the coloreds and thinks we are scum. Joe Blow's racism becomes an issue when he takes his racist, evil self to work and decides to mess with minorities because of his beliefs. What Joe Blow the racist perceives as innocent behavior from "his own kind" always turns into something nefarious and warrants extreme measures when it's from one of those people.

That's the problem.

Skeeves of all races? Sure and conveniently the Joe Blow type of cop tend to think that all minorities are skeeves until proven otherwise.

Black & Hispanic people abuse non-Hispanic whites without repercussions? Aside from O.J (And they got him in the end) where is this happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Everyone has prejudices. White officers hate blacks, black officers hate latinos, latino officers hate asians, Asian officers hate gays, gay officers hate females, female officers hate males ... have we come full circle yet? Still, they manage to work together, in hating the skeeves of all races, genders & orientations.

Quote:
Do you think that they are volunteering for those assignments?
As usual, I defer to CR on this subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdQg7jTXUt8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPBaOKX7tJQ

Old 09-04-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Black & Hispanic people abuse non-Hispanic whites without repercussions?
Try again. I said that many black & latino police officers are racists or bigots themselves. Also, sexist & homophobic. The only police officer who's going to call a black thug a ****** to his face, is a black officer.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:16 AM

You do know that there is a difference between calling someone a name and beating/tasing/shooting them right?

As I stated before where is the abuse towards whites from minorities ( in law-enforcement) with ZERO repercussions occuring in America? I think I might have heard of one case in Utah that is still under investigation?

You do use a comedian's 10-year-old stand-up as a reference so I guess I'm expecting too much?

Quote:
Try again. I said that many black & latino police officers are racists or bigots themselves. Also, sexist & homophobic. The only police officer who's going to call a black thug a ****** to his face, is a black officer.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:26 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Anonymously of course.

Too much displayed female flesh and gyrating hips was too much for those good ethnic white cops to deal with. LOL!

http://www.newsweek.com/tk-268017

^^I am literally cracking up at the above, because I had no idea that half naked black women with butterfly wings shaking their assets along the street could stir up all this "rape and pillage" fantasies. LMAO!!

The Labor Day Parade is a "conservative" version of Carnivals done all over the world.

We won't even discuss what goes on at carnival time in New Orleans. LOLOLOL!!!
Geez, anyone read newsweek? In terms of that so called parade. If that was Columbus or Steuben day acting that way. There would be no permits allowed. Progress has been made. Only 2 or 3 people were murdered. Geez.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM

There was a murder in the very early morning hours of the day of the parade.

What happened during the actual parade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Geez, anyone read newsweek? In terms of that so called parade. If that was Columbus or Steuben day acting that way. There would be no permits allowed. Progress has been made. Only 2 or 3 people were murdered. Geez.

Last edited by Jasper03; 09-04-2014 at 11:23 AM..

Old 09-04-2014, 10:46 AM

300 posts, read 374,944 times
Quote:
Everyone has prejudices. White officers hate blacks, black officers hate latinos, latino officers hate asians, Asian officers hate gays, gay officers hate females, female officers hate males ... have we come full circle yet? Still, they manage to work together, in hating the skeeves of all races, genders & orientations, as well as politicians & their own bosses.
You know what I always find funny is how the NYPD thinks that by hiring tons of minorities their actions will mitigate racist issues that persist within the police force, as if Blacks, Latinos and Asians have NEVER been racist. It's a fallacy to believe that only White people are and can be racist. I think the thought process is that since Whites enslaved people during the period of slavery that their racism is somehow "more dangerous", but for what it's worth you had Blacks enslaving other Blacks based on "superior/inferior" ideology, so in short, it goes to show that people of all races can and are racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Everyone has skeletons in their closet, but some groups don't like to admit them and would rather find excuses for them. It's easier to escape responsibility than to accept it.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:49 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
There was a murder the very early in morning of the day of the parade. What happened during the actual parade?
Nothing. People had a GOOD TIME like you're SUPPOSED TO DO at this parade.

If you want to be bored to tears, then there are those OTHER parades in the city, even though one in particular always has people acting like drunken fools urinating, vomiting, fighting and groping women in the street with hardly any arrests made.

We won't say "which" parade that is though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City