Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:46 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
Let's see... For starters, he was cleaning the car (practically licking it). If it was someone else's car, he was certainly taking care of it more than I would.

As for your second comment, there are only so many options and usually anyone with half a brain is not going to driving around in an expensive BMW in a ghetto neighborhood unless they're either living at home with mommy and daddy or into some illegal activity. There is the possibility that they could be doing some legal activity, but I don't know of too many people driving luxury vehicles that are living in the ghetto. If they do then they clearly don't have their priorities in order.

Kind of reminds me of the women who collect welfare and their boyfriend takes them around in expensive cars and they wear expensive coats. Talk about milking the system.
You're not answering my question. How do you know "it's definitely from drugs"? You are making assumptions. Why can't he afford a Lexus? And so what if he's living with parents? Maybe he goes to college? Maybe he inherited the car? He can't have a rich aunt that left him some money? If he was selling drugs, why on Earth would he be working as a cashier at a grocery store? Was the Lexus brand spanking new or was it a used model? There are pre-owned Lexuses for under $30,000.

I know several people who lived in Pomonock who drove nice cars. They had decent jobs but couldn't afford paying $1800 for a 1 bedroom apartment. Just because they drove a BMW means they were possibly doing illegal activity? I'm not saying everyone is an angel, especially since I don't know everything about everyone, but don't make assumptions about people you know nothing about.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:49 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
street life.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 AM

300 posts, read 374,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
You're not answering my question. How do you know "it's definitely from drugs"? You are making assumptions. Why can't he afford a Lexus? And so what if he's living with parents? Maybe he goes to college? Maybe he inherited the car? He can't have a rich aunt that left him some money? If he was selling drugs, why on Earth would he be working as a cashier at a grocery store? Was the Lexus brand spanking new or was it a used model? There are pre-owned Lexuses for under $30,000.

I know several people who lived in Pomonock who drove nice cars. They had decent jobs but couldn't afford paying $1800 for a 1 bedroom apartment. Just because they drove a BMW means they were possibly doing illegal activity? I'm not saying everyone is an angel, especially since I don't know everything about everyone, but don't make assumptions about people you know nothing about.
I didn't say that. I said it was either OR and I wasn't referring to the guy working as a cashier in the supermarket either. A cashier making minimum wage driving a Lexus... Give me a break. If he came from money he wouldn't be working as a cashier to begin with. How many cashiers do you know that are driving around in a Lexus? lol! The whole thing is hilarious. People are stupid. I mean sure do what you want, but the only reason that someone would be working in a low end job and driving around in a luxury car is if their self-esteem is so poor or they're so materialistic that they need to make themselves feel better and the parents are idiots for enabling such ridiculous behavior. Maybe he thinks it's an investment, but a car depreciates the minute you drive out of the lot, so either way... Not a very wise one...

Furthermore the fact that someone would prefer to live in ghetto just to drive around in a worthless "luxury" car just supports my stance on how stupid people are.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:53 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
This is a silly thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:59 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
^ I know, right? This guy is picking on people who probably has more money than him, so he's jealous like a broke police officer because he can't figure them out.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
I use to take the bus uptown on the upper east side. I saw some pretty nice cars parked out of the projects in east harlem.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:03 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Wherever he was it was definitely drug money OR some guy living in his parents residence in the housing projects and working a low end job spending all of his money on the monthly car payments. Last weekend I went to the supermarket, and walking out I see a guy that works as a cashier in the supermarket cleaning his car which was a Lexus IIRC. I did a double take and said to myself this guy is working a dead end job making minimum wage and he's driving this car? It was evident that he caught me looking and probably knew what I was thinking. Some people are so materialistic that they put all other priorities to the side and focus on being seen. I actually laughed out loud because he looked like a complete idiot. Sure people can do whatever they want to do, but me personally if I had to choose between living at home with mommy and daddy or having my own place, I think I would prefer to have my own apartment.
Quote:
I didn't say that. I said it was either OR and I wasn't referring to the guy working as a cashier in the supermarket either. A cashier making minimum wage driving a Lexus... Give me a break. If he came from money he wouldn't be working as a cashier to begin with. How many cashiers do you know that are driving around in a Lexus? lol! The whole thing is hilarious. People are stupid. I mean sure do what you want, but the only reason that someone would be working in a low end job and driving around in a luxury car is if their self-esteem is so poor or they're so materialistic that they need to make themselves feel better and the parents are idiots for enabling such ridiculous behavior. Maybe he thinks it's an investment, but a car depreciates the minute you drive out of the lot, so either way... Not a very wise one...

Furthermore the fact that someone would prefer to live in ghetto just to drive around in a worthless "luxury" car just supports my stance on how stupid people are.

You should re-read what you wrote. You in fact did say "it's definitely drug money" and I wasn't referring to the cashier on that comment (I know you weren't either). I don't care what people drive, where they live. And I never said he came from money--that would be his parents' money, not his. I said what if he inherited it? Psst, kids with rich parents do work--they're not all spoiled. Yes, people are stupid about how they spend their money but it's their choice.

My point was don't make accusations like that without knowing the person, especially since the OP didn't even know where he was or what freaking train he was on.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:06 AM

345 posts, read 853,601 times
Are you sure you were in NYC?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:10 AM

675 posts, read 1,256,400 times
troll alert

Old 09-17-2014, 10:17 AM

300 posts, read 374,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
You should re-read what you wrote. You in fact did say "it's definitely drug money" and I wasn't referring to the cashier on that comment (I know you weren't either). I don't care what people drive, where they live. And I never said he came from money--that would be his parents' money, not his. I said what if he inherited it? Psst, kids with rich parents do work--they're not all spoiled. Yes, people are stupid about how they spend their money but it's their choice.

My point was don't make accusations like that without knowing the person, especially since the OP didn't even know where he was or what freaking train he was on.
Yeah and after that I said OR some guy living at home with their parents. You're right, I shouldn't assume, but I have a hard time thinking understanding the mentality of some people living in the ghetto and driving around in a luxury car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: