Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:18 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
This is a silly thread
And anyone taking it seriously and responding as if the event actually happened must have an IQ of about 70.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:19 AM

300 posts, read 374,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ I know, right? This guy is picking on people who probably has more money than him, so he's jealous like a broke police officer because he can't figure them out.
Jealous of a who? A guy living the ghetto? Or a guy working as a cashier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
And anyone taking it seriously and responding as if the event actually happened must have an IQ of about 70.
You've never seen luxury cars in ghetto neighborhoods? Where have you been living?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post

You've never seen luxury cars in ghetto neighborhoods? Where have you been living?
Yes,certainly but 1)I doubt the OP has ever been in NYC and 2)what does it matter if one sees luxury cars in ghetto neighborhoods anyway ?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Yes,certainly but 1)I doubt the OP has ever been in NYC and 2)what does it matter if one sees luxury cars in ghetto neighborhoods anyway ?
To be honest I've asked myself the same question when passing through ghetto neighborhoods in NYC. You don't find it at all strange that someone is supposedly living in terrible conditions (i.e. housing projects in a ghetto neighborhood) and driving around in a $50 - 75k car? Now of course some people are passing through, but some people clearly live there. Don't housing projects have income requirements? I always thought they were for the poorest of the poor.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:39 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
Quote:
Jealous of a who? A guy living the ghetto? Or a guy working as a cashier?

I already explained it the first time lol.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
To be honest I've asked myself the same question when passing through ghetto neighborhoods in NYC. You don't find it at all strange that someone is supposedly living in terrible conditions (i.e. housing projects in a ghetto neighborhood) and driving around in a $50 - 75k car? Now of course some people are passing through, but some people clearly live there. Don't housing projects have income requirements? I always thought they were for the poorest of the poor.
Please,this is NYC. There are multi million dollar condos and $3,000/mo rentals across the street from projects. Haven't you been reading about people spending millions to move into places like Bed/Stuy,Bushwick,Harlem,Crown Heights,etc ? How do you know who owns a car,where they live and what they are doing in any given neighborhood ?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I already explained it the first time lol.
That's very cute but I do just fine for myself and have too much pride to mooch off of other people. My curiosity stems from not knowing how subsidized housing works in this city, as I have never lived off of handouts. In my mind someone living in public housing on taxpayer dollars shouldn't have the right to drive around in luxury cars.

Quote:
Please,this is NYC. There are multi million dollar condos and $3,000/mo rentals across the street from projects. Haven't you been reading about people spending millions to move into places like Bed/Stuy,Bushwick,Harlem,Crown Heights,etc ? How do you know who owns a car,where they live and what they are doing in any given neighborhood ?
Yes, I've seen those circumstances that you describe and those situations are pretty clear cut. Those are people who are doing okay for themselves, but HAVE to live Manhattan, even if that means living across from housing projects. LOL I'm talking about situations in which it's VERY clear that the people are ghetto in their mannerisms and they're sitting outside propped up on an expensive car and they look like they don't do anything but hang out all day. You know the types I'm talking about. It can only be drug money or they're living at home in the projects with their parents. Otherwise it doesn't add up. The people that are pretending like these types of people don't exist are living on another planet, as if drug dealers packed up and moved somewhere else since de Blasio took office.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:20 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,653,602 times
I've heard that drug dealers make a lot more money than average NYers and they don't pay tax.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:23 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
That's very cute but I do just fine for myself and have too much pride to mooch off of other people. My curiosity stems from not knowing how subsidized housing works in this city, as I have never lived off of handouts. In my mind someone living in public housing on taxpayer dollars shouldn't have the right to drive around in luxury cars.

Yes, I've seen those circumstances that you describe and those situations are pretty clear cut. Those are people who are doing okay for themselves, but HAVE to live Manhattan, even if that means living across from housing projects. LOL I'm talking about situations in which it's VERY clear that the people are ghetto in their mannerisms and they're sitting outside propped up on an expensive car and they look like they don't do anything but hang out all day. You know the types I'm talking about. It can only be drug money or they're living at home in the projects with their parents. Otherwise it doesn't add up. The people that are pretending like these types of people don't exist are living on another planet, as if drug dealers packed up and moved somewhere else since de Blasio took office.

No one is saying those aren't possibilites. The issue was the automatic assumption that it HAD to be it.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:40 AM

675 posts, read 1,256,400 times
Quote:
I'm talking about situations in which it's VERY clear that the people are ghetto in their mannerisms and they're sitting outside propped up on an expensive car and they look like they don't do anything but hang out all day. You know the types I'm talking about. It can only be drug money or they're living at home in the projects with their parents.
Sounds like you're stereotyping...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: