Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 05:20 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times

Advertisements

Maybe NYCHA accepts them?? You get preference in NYCHA anyway if you're a victim of domestic violence.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 05:42 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
It doesn't seem like such a good idea to offer this voucher if landlords don't know about it or want to accept it. I did a search for LINC on housing in craigslist and every single one of the hits was for a tenant with a voucher trying to find a LL to accept it.
People that I know who work in HRA also talk about how many people with the Aids vouchers also stay in shelters long term because many LL don't accept them either.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:14 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
People that I know who work in HRA also talk about how many people with the Aids vouchers also stay in shelters long term because many LL don't accept them either.
Are you talking about the HASA program which is a rental program for tenants with AIDS?

Old 11-19-2014, 07:24 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Are you talking about the HASA program which is a rental program for tenants with AIDS?
Yes. These days a lot of landlords don't take that, so some of the HASA people live in shelters or SROs for quite some time. If they do find a place it's in the worst neighborhoods like Brownsville or ENY. The older ones on this program in rent stabilized apartments are in various stages of eviction as landlords find ways to get rid of rent stabilized tenants (gut renovations) across Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn and Queens close to Manhattan.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:41 PM

26 posts, read 68,549 times
Okay for one i have a job starting up..in jan for two low lifes ruined the programs thats why they womt take it. Three why move ive did my research its worse in other states and u are gonna be in another state starting again they shouldnt provide these vouchers anymore because landlords arent taken them at all .. Of ur gonna help single mother or the homeless provide vouchers to the right people and u have another thing with linc lll u have a end date they only give u three months to look for a place then ur voucher expirses where do they put the money then??? Ive already spoke to mayors office already these voucjers have to be stopped people arent finding places and they need better resources

Old 11-19-2014, 08:24 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emzlife View Post
Okay for one i have a job starting up..in jan for two low lifes ruined the programs thats why they womt take it. Three why move ive did my research its worse in other states and u are gonna be in another state starting again they shouldnt provide these vouchers anymore because landlords arent taken them at all .. Of ur gonna help single mother or the homeless provide vouchers to the right people and u have another thing with linc lll u have a end date they only give u three months to look for a place then ur voucher expirses where do they put the money then??? Ive already spoke to mayors office already these voucjers have to be stopped people arent finding places and they need better resources
Your best and most reliable resource is yourself.

Unless you are disabled. Are you disabled, beyond the problem with grammar ? Unless English is not your first language, but still.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:35 PM

And im a priority n1 for nycha its been ten months and i didnt even get a call yet.. So please dnt say that nyc does not cater to domestic violence victums maybe bck in the day but again mamy chicks lied and said there men beat them and they beat the system cause they lied and dudes they said beat them are living with then..

Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 8,786 times
Citi Habitats 212-774-3880

Old 11-20-2014, 08:04 PM

Ur funny and yes i do know how to spell .. Sorry if i removed spell check off of my phone it does get annoying .my son is disabled!!! I dont need to explain my life to you ..im stating noone wants to take the linc lll voucher at all u dont know people lives to even judge .. Excuse me sir in fact i spell very well and have a education and dont judge because one day u can face what most people face .. If anyone other then mr ignorant can please help with any info i called so many people do not wanna take voucher my son is disabled and im not from nyc so meed some areas to find ..i would appreciate it thank u

Old 11-21-2014, 06:17 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emzlife View Post
Ur funny and yes i do know how to spell .. Sorry if i removed spell check off of my phone it does get annoying .my son is disabled!!! I dont need to explain my life to you ..im stating noone wants to take the linc lll voucher at all u dont know people lives to even judge .. Excuse me sir in fact i spell very well and have a education and dont judge because one day u can face what most people face .. If anyone other then mr ignorant can please help with any info i called so many people do not wanna take voucher my son is disabled and im not from nyc so meed some areas to find ..i would appreciate it thank u
You will often be asked to "explain your life" to people who are giving you money. You do understand that the vouchers are precisely that - others are subsidizing you. Not the government, the taxpayers. That would be the people on this forum.

If you are not from New York, you should return home. There are many native or very long-time residents who need subsidies and have more a right to them because they have family, friends, histories here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City